Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ungodlyomen

Skill vs Gear Score

Recommended Posts

With tet and pen the GS gap is even bigger now. So heres what we are seeing.

 

A 50-100 GS gap is no longer based on skill. I'm running full TRI 209/249 458gs and was 2 shotted this morning. This shouldn't  be a issue this early in the game. I understand losing in pvp and 5-10 hits but 2 shotted at over 450 GS. It makes it pretty clear theres no way to compete with out sinking a lot of money into the game. Sure you can grind but if a few of these high rollers are killing you in those spots in 2-3 hits...well that makes it hard to even grind for upgrades.

Croms being 2 mil a pop to force us to buy costumes. This is a pretty horrible tactic. Tri and above the enhancement system is just pure gambling. No one wants to gamble away a weeks worth of gametime or that kind of money for a small chance (very small chance) for TeT even at 75-90FS. Then when you fail. You can destroy accessorys or downgrade gear...All the while P2W people are just buying up costume after costume and breaking them down to get tet or pen. 

I love the game the style and content. I fear the gap between paying and f2p will be to great. There is no skill involved in getting 2 shotted. Ive put a couple of hundred in the game myself - Pets/lodging/costumes/and I bought the ultimate edition. I'm not putting more cash into the game.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s the damage scaling not necessarily gear gap (Not saying gear isn’t a huge factor).  Your DP is also pretty low. Absolute skills made a huge difference especially if you’re level 60.

Eventually the game will be in a state where whoever gets caught in a cc first will get one shot right after even with gear on parity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Anyone said:

It’s the damage scaling not necessarily gear gap (Not saying gear isn’t a huge factor).  Your DP is also pretty low. Absolute skills made a huge difference especially if you’re level 60.

Eventually the game will be in a state where whoever gets caught in a cc first will get one shot right after even with gear on parity.

Yeah ill be focused on DP - 249 feels abit low. but even at full tet itll only be 275 ish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all about class too. 

On witch 300dp+ I get killed in seconds if I get cc'ed, on striker the same dp I can easily kill higher gs. So there are classes better at 1v1, group PvP, groups PvP etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ungodlyomen said:

Yeah ill be focused on DP - 249 feels abit low. but even at full tet itll only be 275 ish

Yeah once you get boss gear, specifically muskans and dim tree it should help a little but yeah it doesn’t excuse your concern that damage is insane. But in the end at the highest level skill will be the biggest determining factor along with class match up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve read the same—that post-awakening offense is so high people get killed almost immediately upon a cc, even when competitively geared. In a sense, I suppose this is balance... attacker/ ambusher always wins. Does not sound fun though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bowe said:

I’ve read the same—that post-awakening offense is so high people get killed almost immediately upon a cc, even when competitively geared. In a sense, I suppose this is balance... attacker/ ambusher always wins. Does not sound fun though.

It isn't fun. Awakenings make us stronger.

25 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Yeah once you get boss gear, specifically muskans and dim tree it should help a little but yeah it doesn’t excuse your concern that damage is insane. But in the end at the highest level skill will be the biggest determining factor along with class match up

Atm skill isn't a factor and from what Im reading on PC It gets way worse. GS > than all atm. My concern is that the Tet/pen is behind a huge investment - Via  cash or time. Problem is those that choose cash and get tet/pen in a week will destroy others and force them out of grind  spots. Then the grind to even this out will be 2-5 months How many will be left? Then those that have fought the struggle. Are forced to gamble at complete trash % to even get a upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ungodlyomen said:

It isn't fun. Awakenings make us stronger.

Atm skill isn't a factor and from what Im reading on PC It gets way worse. GS > than all atm. My concern is that the Tet/pen is behind a huge investment - Via  cash or time. Problem is those that choose cash and get tet/pen in a week will destroy others and force them out of grind  spots. Then the grind to even this out will be 2-5 months How many will be left? Then those that have fought the struggle. Are forced to gamble at complete trash % to even get a upgrade.

Careful with the p2w talk. It will trigger the hell out of Pearl Abyss fans/hopeful employees.

Edited by Kure
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ungodlyomen said:

With tet and pen the GS gap is even bigger now. So heres what we are seeing.

 

A 50-100 GS gap is no longer based on skill. I'm running full TRI 209/249 458gs and was 2 shotted this morning. This shouldn't  be a issue this early in the game. I understand losing in pvp and 5-10 hits but 2 shotted at over 450 GS. It makes it pretty clear theres no way to compete with out sinking a lot of money into the game. Sure you can grind but if a few of these high rollers are killing you in those spots in 2-3 hits...well that makes it hard to even grind for upgrades.

Croms being 2 mil a pop to force us to buy costumes. This is a pretty horrible tactic. Tri and above the enhancement system is just pure gambling. No one wants to gamble away a weeks worth of gametime or that kind of money for a small chance (very small chance) for TeT even at 75-90FS. Then when you fail. You can destroy accessorys or downgrade gear...All the while P2W people are just buying up costume after costume and breaking them down to get tet or pen. 

I love the game the style and content. I fear the gap between paying and f2p will be to great. There is no skill involved in getting 2 shotted. Ive put a couple of hundred in the game myself - Pets/lodging/costumes/and I bought the ultimate edition. I'm not putting more cash into the game.

Welcome to black desert!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Darkx said:

Strikers are jus truly broken because they have to much super armor 

Like way to much

They're not broken you just have to learn how to fight one.

 

21 hours ago, Ungodlyomen said:

With tet and pen the GS gap is even bigger now. So heres what we are seeing.

 

A 50-100 GS gap is no longer based on skill. I'm running full TRI 209/249 458gs and was 2 shotted this morning. This shouldn't  be a issue this early in the game. I understand losing in pvp and 5-10 hits but 2 shotted at over 450 GS. It makes it pretty clear theres no way to compete with out sinking a lot of money into the game. Sure you can grind but if a few of these high rollers are killing you in those spots in 2-3 hits...well that makes it hard to even grind for upgrades.

Croms being 2 mil a pop to force us to buy costumes. This is a pretty horrible tactic. Tri and above the enhancement system is just pure gambling. No one wants to gamble away a weeks worth of gametime or that kind of money for a small chance (very small chance) for TeT even at 75-90FS. Then when you fail. You can destroy accessorys or downgrade gear...All the while P2W people are just buying up costume after costume and breaking them down to get tet or pen. 

I love the game the style and content. I fear the gap between paying and f2p will be to great. There is no skill involved in getting 2 shotted. Ive put a couple of hundred in the game myself - Pets/lodging/costumes/and I bought the ultimate edition. I'm not putting more cash into the game.

Gear >>>>>>> skill. Always been that way, always will be. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ik how to fight them 

I win some fights vs them its jus dat the class is really unforgiven(no mistakes when fighting them )

And dont forget their hit box and grabs 

One grab and ur done 

They have the speed to zip around with some crazy hitbox on their cc punch

They can grab u while ur cc and also grab u in ur super armor skill

90% of the class skills has super armor ( how is dat not broken)^

Never said the class is unbeatable its jus dat it's a super cheese class 

Dats a fact 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darkx said:

Ik how to fight them 

I win some fights vs them its jus dat the class is really unforgiven(no mistakes when fighting them )

And dont forget their hit box and grabs 

One grab and ur done 

They have the speed to zip around with some crazy hitbox on their cc punch

They can grab u while ur cc and also grab u in ur super armor skill

90% of the class skills has super armor ( how is dat not broken)^

Never said the class is unbeatable its jus dat it's a super cheese class 

Dats a fact 

Actually not fact 90% of their kit is not SA. Frontal Guard is not the same as Super Armor. They have plenty of holes in their long animations, but yes they can make a lot more mistakes than others and still win because the class is just so forgiving due to their kit and people not knowing how to deal with them. 

They will always be noob stompers.

Edited by Anyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I challenge you guys who think gear>skill...i remove my set and offhand.. hahaga i did this already with guild mates.. this game is totaly skill after you reach some ap accuracy, the problem is guys with no fingers wanna say this game is gear... dude go and traning pvp! At pc i beat peop with tet full bos gear.. and iam with taritas bheg gloves... so.. stop crying and go traning..incluindo 1v1 and war. Frinds who know how to play killing 10 times more then other friends with same gear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GabrielZ said:

I challenge you guys who think gear>skill...i remove my set and offhand.. hahaga i did this already with guild mates.. this game is totaly skill after you reach some ap accuracy, the problem is guys with no fingers wanna say this game is gear... dude go and traning pvp! At pc i beat peop with tet full bos gear.. and iam with taritas bheg gloves... so.. stop crying and go traning..incluindo 1v1 and war. Frinds who know how to play killing 10 times more then other friends with same gear!

ignore this troll. he cant even spell and everything he says is wrong. Gear will beat skill any day.

you can have the skill to dodge all the players attacks but if he has insane gear you will do no damage. skill dont increase your damage. gear does.

only plebs and people under the age of 16 think skill 》》 gear

Adults know that no amount of skill will beat a guy if you only do 1 damage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same guys talking about skill and gear be the same ones who cant win a fight to save their lives even matches. So many of you kids not only dont know your class you dont even understand the cc system 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MakeumRage said:

Same guys talking about skill and gear be the same ones who cant win a fight to save their lives even matches. So many of you kids not only dont know your class you dont even understand the cc system 

another troll who is kissing the company's boot hoping to get a gold star. grow up kid. are you 12? this game is massively pay to win. I understand your lacking in brain cells but come on. open your eyes. if you pay money you can 1 shot anyone. no amount of skill can defend yourself from a 1 shot.

grow up kid

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude iam playing this game for 4 years ... yeah.. english is not my main language haha..if u read what i wrote, if u have enough ap and acurracy.. even witth 0 dp u  an beat anyone..i  can show you if u want... try.. i remove my gear and we go 1v1...

If u have skils , Sa Fg and invu frames.. are your gear.. learn how to play  before say that.

Edited by GabrielZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GabrielZ said:

Dude iam playing this game for 4 years ... yeah.. english is not my main language haha..if u read what i wrote, if u have enough ap and acurracy.. even witth 0 dp u  an beat anyone..i  can show you if u want... try.. i remove my gear and we go 1v1...

If u have skils , Sa Fg and invu frames.. are your gear.. learn how to play  before say that.

Lmaoooooo get out troll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing since day 4. I used to be able to keep up with the betas. Not anymore. I'm just some old-timer settled into daily play that suits me. I don't have high gear but I don't die much anymore either (unless mounted and pull RT and end up in a mob or go off a cliff at the moment, but they know about that problem and fixing it at the moment).

I play PvE and have found pockets of space where I can do what I need to do and get out. I have had issues with guild members provoking PvP situations against my advice too... but they learn the hard way in the end or make their own guild when they don't like my decisions.

There are ways to play this game without money and high gear... you get high gear and money anyway. I've got 5bn sitting in Central Market just by being a bit clever with manufacture, buying and selling, missions, quests, it's not impossible at all.

I agree that people who pay real money will get to skip a few steps and become wealthy and powerful quickly. 

But the rest of us can take our time and enjoy more of the game in an old-timer easy-going style. Calm yourself and figure out the gameplay. Personally speaking, don't focus so much on competitive PvP and you'll have much less stress to worry about. :)

 

 

 

Edited by Primus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GabrielZ said:

Dude iam playing this game for 4 years ... yeah.. english is not my main language haha..if u read what i wrote, if u have enough ap and acurracy.. even witth 0 dp u  an beat anyone..i  can show you if u want... try.. i remove my gear and we go 1v1...

If u have skils , Sa Fg and invu frames.. are your gear.. learn how to play  before say that.

Doesn't really prove anything beating someone when you take your DP to 0. You still have all the AP and accuracy which is what kills people lol.

A more realistic test would be to have one person wearing all PRI & the other TRI. If skill over gear then that shouldn't be an issue for someone like yourself.

You also need to take into consideration that some classes are much better at duelling than other with lots of iframes & SA.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...