Sign in to follow this  
Jason

How do you even defend yourself from a 1 shot??

so I'm grinding at my spot minding my own business then boom I get hit with 1 skill and I'm dead. I have 310DP so I'm not exactly weak.

how do you even defend yourself from that?

I love PVP I do and I dont mind losing but not actually having any chance to fight back or defend myself is just crazy.

I wouldn't mind having a fight that lasted atleast 30 seconds where I can do something even if I lost the fight I know I tried. again 1 shot? nothing you can do.

so I keep an eye on the map see a red dot coming towards me. I try to run but cant. they are way faster than me with all their impressive gear and buffs..... and... I get 1 shot... again.

now I have had times where the fight has lasted to almost 10 seconds but 5 of that was me just standing there while I'm CC or sitting on my a55 then I get 1-3shot before I can even move after my CC.

the way things are going I see no way for me to even be able to fight back if I always get 1 shot and if I dont get 1 shot I get CC for stupid length of time that I cant do anything while im taking a beating.... and dead.

I have about 220ap and 310dp so gear isn't that bad but the 1 shots.... damn...

how do you defend yourself from that?

I'm thinking I might just give up and try another game as I cant defend myself from a 1 shot...

• Haha 2

First off dp doesnt matter in pvp if the other person has high ap, second you dont. Its going to get even more into a burst meta as the game goes on. first to cc wins

5 minutes ago, x22 said:

First off dp doesnt matter in pvp if the other person has high ap, second you dont. Its going to get even more into a burst meta as the game goes on. first to cc wins

and this is what will drive people away from the game. Who wants to play a game where you have no way to defend yourself?

I agree unless you pay some serious money your just gona get bullied out of all the grind spots so you cant even grind for good gear as all the people who paid money will just 1 shot you and take them spots. it's like how can you get better gear If you cant even grind for it as all spots are taken by seriously geard people who will just 1 shot you.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

so I'm grinding at my spot minding my own business then boom I get hit with 1 skill and I'm dead. I have 310DP so I'm not exactly weak.

I love PVP I do and I dont mind losing but not actually having any chance to fight back or defend myself is just crazy.

I wouldn't mind having a fight that lasted atleast 30 seconds where I can do something even if I lost the fight I know I tried. again 1 shot? nothing you can do.

so I keep an eye on the map see a red dot coming towards me. I try to run but cant. they are way faster than me with all their impressive gear and buffs..... and... I get 1 shot... again.

now I have had times where the fight has lasted to almost 10 seconds but 5 of that was me just standing there while I'm CC or sitting on my a55 then I get 1-3shot before I can even move after my CC.

the way things are going I see no way for me to even be able to fight back if I always get 1 shot and if I dont get 1 shot I get CC for stupid length of time that I cant do anything while im taking a beating.... and dead.

I'm thinking I might just give up and try another game as I cant defend myself from a 1 shot...

Lol ok for one, you dont have 530 gs, so let’s make sure we are keeping your claim factual. Secondly, there isn’t a skill that would “1 shot” someone with 310dp. Warrior ult would be the closest to doing enough burst atm, but even then, that is a stretch. 

Lastly, please don’t creat multiple accounts( see forum post below this with different account name) to try to create some sense of community displeasure. You got killed, in a pvp game, I’m sorry, but respawn and get over it?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Reidun said:

Lol ok for one, you dont have 530 gs, so let’s make sure we are keeping your claim factual. Secondly, there isn’t a skill that would “1 shot” someone with 310dp. Warrior ult would be the closest to doing enough burst atm, but even then, that is a stretch. 

Lastly, please don’t creat multiple accounts( see forum post below this with different account name) to try to create some sense of community displeasure. You got killed, in a pvp game, I’m sorry, but respawn and get over it?

Yes this post is so bs 310dp 220 ap yeah right

ahh I knew it. I knew the white knights would come out and say "troll" or anyone who criticizes the game is called a troll.

so the forums are suppose to be full of happiness sunshine and rainbows? no ones allowed to criticise this oh so perfect game?

grow up please I'm trying to have a grown up conversation about the serious situation that gear in this game far outweighs skill and yes you can get 1 shot even with over 300dp

310dp is not hard to get at all and yes you can still be 1 shot even with that DP. now please stop with the trolling and lets talk like serious adults here. thank you.

There are many ways. But to start with movement and positioning. This is eso you cant stand still and cast. You dont get caught if you dont leave yourself open. Use your forward guards, super armors and iframe to prevent ccs. Learn your actual rotation. If the target is good then learn to stay in protected skills only and move and engage correctly. Also 310 dp is useless if you dont have the ap to go with it to kill your target. 

11 hours ago, Jason said:

You block it with a credit card. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

ahh I knew it. I knew the white knights would come out and say "troll" or anyone who criticizes the game is called a troll.

so the forums are suppose to be full of happiness sunshine and rainbows? no ones allowed to criticise this oh so perfect game?

grow up please I'm trying to have a grown up conversation about the serious situation that gear in this game far outweighs skill and yes you can get 1 shot even with over 300dp

310dp is not hard to get at all and yes you can still be 1 shot even with that DP. now please stop with the trolling and lets talk like serious adults here. thank you.

U are the only troll  bro, probably a kid, beginner in this game..awakening is coming.. please stop playing, or we will have a lot more of your crying posts !

I can be honest I have -- 458gs and have been cced and killed in under a second. around 249 dp. I got my dp in 280 ish i hit like a wet noodle but takes 3 seconds to die

Don't look at ap/dp alone.

There are many factors.

Gear, crystals, level, guild skills, buffs, Spfor absolute skills all make a huge difference when combined.

A lvl 58 with low SP, low guild skills, few buffs, cheap crystals vs a 60 with all absolute skills, maxed guild skills, all buffs and great crystals will be a struggle for the 58. Even 2 of the same level will be uneven. 

All that before we add in player skill and ability to apply CC, use combos and correct dmg type.

That said, Yes you will always get oneshot by someone sometimes. Sometimes I can facetank 3 people, sometimes I'm being killed in 1 combo.

Your wallet can help you.

Step one - pull out credit card

Step two - buy costumes 

Step three - break costumes into crons

Step four - pump hards-sharps-crons in gear until you hit tet or pen.

Step five - hit buttons in PvP

Step six - enjoy winning the fight.

Getting to full tri is easy. The difference between tri-tet is huge. Pen is massive.

Tet cost around 500-1000 on average

Pen cost around 5000-20000 depending on luck

This is the true form of pay to win. So either pay or don't PvP. The choice is yours. You can also grind out dated spots.

DP is not everything on this game , you also need evasion and DR to hold your ground , but if you getting one shooter at 310DP you fighting someone with 300 AP lol  and you don't know how to play your class as well as you think  , every class got skill that will buff u up, super armor , heals  etc.  this game is not just credit cards and one punch , I have fought credit card warrior and  player with more GS then me and I end killing them.

It's only going to get more "one-shotty" with Awakening. Although I myself am not too much of a fan of a very small time to kill in games like this, I did my research and knew exactly what to expect. Not defending, I'm advising. When all info for this game is already out on PC, you can't act surprised.

Next time, thoroughly check if it's a game you'd actually like. Not expect the game to change according to your dislikes. I'm not saying we can't try to change things, but it's clear you blindly jumped in and now want this game to be something it is not. It's only your fault as to why you feel so stressed over the situation.

• Like 1

The best way I can describe it, is even with gear on par, PvP is going to become a game of reaction time, prediction, and all around class knowledge.

The people who don’t take the time to learn how to properly rotate their iframes/FG/SA etc. are going to have a very hard time. Do some homework, take the time to learn your class as well as other classes and put in the effort to make gains. I promise you will be fine and have a better experience with the game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kruber said:

It's only going to get more "one-shotty" with Awakening. Although I myself am not too much of a fan of a very small time to kill in games like this, I did my research and knew exactly what to expect. Not defending, I'm advising. When all info for this game is already out on PC, you can't act surprised.

Next time, thoroughly check if it's a game you'd actually like. Not expect the game to change according to your dislikes. I'm not saying we can't try to change things, but it's clear you blindly jumped in and now want this game to be something it is not. It's only your fault as to why you feel so stressed over the situation.

Yea i dont understand why people are shocked, this isnt a new proper research before buying would save alot of people stress. Everything to know about this game is online.

5 hours ago, Orisha said:

DP is not everything on this game , you also need evasion and DR to hold your ground , but if you getting one shooter at 310DP you fighting someone with 300 AP lol  and you don't know how to play your class as well as you think  , every class got skill that will buff u up, super armor , heals  etc.  this game is not just credit cards and one punch , I have fought credit card warrior and  player with more GS then me and I end killing them.

Nobody has 300 ap impossible, maybe you were being sarcastic

12 hours ago, Ungodlyomen said:

Your wallet can help you.

Step one - pull out credit card

Step two - buy costumes 

Step three - break costumes into crons

Step four - pump hards-sharps-crons in gear until you hit tet or pen.

Step five - hit buttons in PvP

Step six - enjoy winning the fight.

Getting to full tri is easy. The difference between tri-tet is huge. Pen is massive.

Tet cost around 500-1000 on average

Pen cost around 5000-20000 depending on luck

This is the true form of pay to win. So either pay or don't PvP. The choice is yours. You can also grind out dated spots.

He doesnt need to pay to pvp im sure there are plenty of low level players to still have fun in game, just have to pick your battles wisely

On 5/18/2019 at 12:35 PM, Jason said:

Basic answer is YES someone can 1 shot you with 310 dp. There are these super rare black crystals in the game that give amazing buffs for 20 minutes. Of these crystals there is an ap and dp one. The dp one is +1000 dp for 30 minutes. The AP one is +250 AP for 30 minutes.

Could someone with 220ap 1 shot you. Prolly not. Could someone with 470ap(not counting hidden ap) 1 shot you. Absolutely.

11 hours ago, Anyone said:

The best way I can describe it, is even with gear on par, PvP is going to become a game of reaction time, prediction, and all around class knowledge.

The people who don’t take the time to learn how to properly rotate their iframes/FG/SA etc. are going to have a very hard time. Do some homework, take the time to learn your class as well as other classes and put in the effort to make gains. I promise you will be fine and have a better experience with the game.

SAY ONE MORE TIME FOR THE FOLKS IN THE BACK. AMEN. 

8 hours ago, Hieraphant said:

Basic answer is YES someone can 1 shot you with 310 dp. There are these super rare black crystals in the game that give amazing buffs for 20 minutes. Of these crystals there is an ap and dp one. The dp one is +1000 dp for 30 minutes. The AP one is +250 AP for 30 minutes.

Could someone with 220ap 1 shot you. Prolly not. Could someone with 470ap(not counting hidden ap) 1 shot you. Absolutely.

220 ap one combos 310 dp all day... again combo. Almost noone gets one shot other then ults. Its one combos. And depending on the class and modifiers, 310 do doesnt stand a chance to 220 ap with the way it scales. 

4 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

SAY ONE MORE TIME FOR THE FOLKS IN THE BACK. AMEN. 

220 ap one combos 310 dp all day... again combo. Almost noone gets one shot other then ults. Its one combos. And depending on the class and modifiers, 310 do doesnt stand a chance to 220 ap with the way it scales. 

Yes 1 combos all day long. Dont disagree.

I stated that if it were infact a 1 shot skill and not an ultimate it could be someone using the AP black crystal buff to boost their AP by 250, in which case a 1 skill kill could happen.

Just now, Hieraphant said:

Yes 1 combos all day long. Dont disagree.

I stated that if it were infact a 1 shot skill and not an ultimate it could be someone using the AP black crystal buff to boost their AP by 250, in which case a 1 skill kill could happen.

If they had a pure black stone it would most likely be a one shot. You dont need that to one combo someone on there back at all im 205 and one combo people 290dp all day. 220 puts you in a much better ap bracket. Youd one combo 310 all day just plain gear if you know your skills. Dp scaling is a joke. Thats why you just stack and build for ap.

1 minute ago, MakeumRage said:

If they had a pure black stone it would most likely be a one shot. You dont need that to one combo someone on there back at all im 205 and one combo people 290dp all day. 220 puts you in a much better ap bracket. Youd one combo 310 all day just plain gear if you know your skills. Dp scaling is a joke. Thats why you just stack and build for ap.

Im aware of this. I posted about the pure black stone because the thread and OP said 1 shot. Not 1 combo. Im not arguing that people with high AP can 1 combo high DP ppl

1 minute ago, Hieraphant said:

Im aware of this. I posted about the pure black stone because the thread and OP said 1 shot. Not 1 combo. Im not arguing that people with high AP can 1 combo high DP ppl

Yeha with much lower ap doesnt have to be high. 209 would very easily smash a 310 either in one or two combos. And the poor guy will never get off his back the entire time if they know the cc chain. Purest answer still, positioning and class knowledge is how you counter. Trade safe skills. Evade and counter ccs. And learn everyones class. 

Start causing more of an uproar about the Battle Arena missing as a community. Its a tool we really need for people to learn their classes in an easy to reach and large environment. Those tiny arenas are a joke and troublesome to get to