Sign in to follow this  
Jason

This game is massively pay to win!

18 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

Because it isn't remotely pay to play! 

So you got your copy of the game totally free not even a game pass subscription or Xbox live, then a value pack to avoid tax and get more storage? 

35 minutes ago, ChilMeiSTer1968 said:

So you got your copy of the game totally free not even a game pass subscription or Xbox live, then a value pack to avoid tax and get more storage? 

So now you're going to argue that every game with a price tag is pay to play? 

Nah, I'm done. This community is literally cancer. 

8 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

So now you're going to argue that every game with a price tag is pay to play? 

Nah, I'm done. This community is literally cancer. 

I must not understand the context of that phrase.

No one currently plays BDO for free, although they might justify it being free with the xbox live and game pass they spend on other things as well.

Don't care if you think it's P2W or not, but please stop saying anything is pay for convenience. You buy a beta of a game, and then you have to purchase the parts of the game, at 10 times their value, that make it a complete game. There are items that do not stack specifically to force the purchase of things. You get penalized for selling if you don't buy VP. The list goes on. Those aren't a convenience, it's a design concept to impose arbitrary limits to extort money for their release. I get that you decide if it's worth it or not, but that doesn't make it a convenience.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Slab said:

Don't care if you think it's P2W or not, but please stop saying anything is pay for convenience. You buy a beta of a game, and then you have to purchase the parts of the game, at 10 times their value, that make it a complete game. There are items that do not stack specifically to force the purchase of things. You get penalized for selling if you don't buy VP. The list goes on. Those aren't a convenience, it's a design concept to impose arbitrary limits to extort money for their release. I get that you decide if it's worth it or not, but that doesn't make it a convenience.

Weight limit? Inventory space? Storage expansion? Worker limit increase? Stable slot increase? Artisan's Memory? 

These are all convenience items to reduce the time you'd spend otherwise doing certain things. 

Note: I'm not getting into this ridiculous debate again. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2019 at 2:17 AM, Yiazzy said:

Weight limit? Inventory space? Storage expansion? Worker limit increase? Stable slot increase? Artisan's Memory? 

These are all convenience items to reduce the time you'd spend otherwise doing certain things. 

Note: I'm not getting into this ridiculous debate again. 

I think I've figured it out... the p2w crowd just doesn't like the word "convenience"...maybe too many syllables? Maybe we could exchange for the word "fun"? 😄

So my 2 cents, I do believe that in the grand scheme of things, the game is pay for convenience. Initially I can see how it could be viewed as pay to win simply because people will get ahead faster by paying money, but in the long run, existing paying and non paying players will all be above soft cap and those convenience items will needed for new players who start 6 months after everyone to provide a means of "catch up". Could it be tweaked? Probably but I have no issue with the system as it currently exists.(except the price of pearls is ridiculous😂)

This is all I'm saying on this thread, the opinion is my own, and nothing anyone says will change it as I've seen all the discussions. Cheers!

Edited by Jammer480
  • Like 1

Haha, easy boy, it is not as You think. 

P2W ? No, no, no You can definitely catch up, you cant grind at the best spots ? Life skill, and make money that way. grind on lesser spots grind in outer hours when no one plays. There are multiple options. Luck is the key to all. You might succeed in TET-ing something with first try where someone else payed hundreds of real money to fail it the 10th time again. I Suggest Pay to win would be if You could purchase the item from market instantly after switching real money to ingame money. tho that doesnt matter here, Cuz there are no such OP items on the market You cant get by yourself.

On one thing I agree with You.. You have to pay but not to win but to enjoy the game. Let me write down some essential thing s You MUST purchase.

Life skilling clothes if You are interested in Life skills.

Camo suit if You are interested in PVP.

Pets. lots of them cuz T1 pets actually are worthless.

Inventory expansion.

Weight ecpansion.

Everything else is just convenience.

44 minutes ago, Tyraer said:

there are no such OP items on the market You cant get by yourself.

What so you can't buy unlimited amounts of Crons stones worth 184m for 2900 pearls? 

That's your OP item right there and you can have as many pops at safe enhancing your gear as your wallet allows.

A normal player could maybe afford to do that once a week. If that players fails that cronned item 10x that's like 2.5 months to get 1 TET item safe enhanced opposed to the 5-10 mins it takes someone who paid for it that fails 10 times. That's your p2w right there. Just because someone will eventually get it somewhere down the road it doesn't mean that's it's p4c. The P2W player literally paid his way to beat the game mechanics.