Sign in to follow this  
Rocketfuel77777

Awakening showcase/stream prior to launch

A super complex MMO.

I must have miss something.

Story : Maybe this part.Badly written,no characters developpement,lore,backstory.Nothing really deep.It's like they started to create a lore,a world and then completely forgot about it.(It had potential but after 5 years i don't expect nothing).

Combat : I use my first health potion,at around level 20. First death by AI at level 42 (Ogre).I don't PvP, i don't really need to enhance my gear (except for the "fun" of it).Not really hard to understand (except maybe "the thing" ,they made,instead of a classic skill tree).

Other than that, i found it pretty easy. Easy and fast to level up (it usually takes me a month,to get to level 50).Here,i had to slow down,i was already level 40 after 2 weeks.

And i take this game for an open- world RPG (MMO) ,with a lot PvE content (quests,daily quests,professions,explorations,ect....) But not as a competitive "E-sport" PvP game.I 'm fine,if players enjoy it for PvP.

After mostly two months (over 500 hours) ,i still got a lot of thing to do and see and didn't went to Valencia,yet.

I must be super dumb,as much as this game is super complex.

I have a question,not jocking or trolling.For old and new players.Is PvP really that great ?

I'm asking this because from what i know, it's not like there are a lot game modes (4 or 5,i think),and only playable during a period of time.Is that enough ?

11 minutes ago, Quantum said:

A super complex MMO.

I don't PvP, i don't really need to enhance my gear (except for the "fun" of it).Not really hard to understand (except maybe "the thing" ,they made,instead of a classic skill tree)

Hmmm. Perhaps because the complexity of the game stems mostly from pvp and the enhancing needed to stay competitive? 

53 minutes ago, Quantum said:

A super complex MMO.

Story : Maybe this part.Badly written,no characters developpement,lore,backstory.Nothing really deep.It's like they started to create a lore,a world and then completely forgot about it.(It had potential but after 5 years i don't expect nothing).

Combat : I use my first health potion,at around level 20. First death by AI at level 42 (Ogre).I don't PvP, i don't really need to enhance my gear (except for the "fun" of it).Not really hard to understand (except maybe "the thing" ,they made,instead of a classic skill tree).

Other than that, i found it pretty easy. Easy and fast to level up (it usually takes me a month,to get to level 50).Here,i had to slow down,i was already level 40 after 2 weeks.

And i take this game for an open- world RPG (MMO) ,with a lot PvE content (quests,daily quests,professions,explorations,ect....) But not as a competitive "E-sport" PvP game.I 'm fine,if players enjoy it for PvP.

After mostly two months (over 500 hours) ,i still got a lot of thing to do and see and didn't went to Valencia,yet.

I must be super dumb,as much as this game is super complex.

I have a question,not jocking or trolling.For old and new players.Is PvP really that great ?

I'm asking this because from what i know, it's not like there are a lot game modes (4 or 5,i think),and only playable during a period of time.Is that enough ?

The reason i say it's a super complex MMO, is because i've been on the new player side of things coming out of ESO, and GW2. Nothing was that intuitive to do, Skills hardly were explained, Combat was overwhelming coming from a 1-5 button masher MMO, Workers aren't really explained at at, nor the systems in order to judge what type of worker to use and where to use them, PvP is only explained in one spot in the game and that was the "you are about to be X level for pvp, completing this will start your ability to PvP", enhancing gear and accessories was daunting because we didn't have a LOT of this easy given info you now have, Life skills were hardly explained at all, you weren't taught the importance of CP and energy other than what they do, Amity games are not explained at all and the best ways to beat them, money making methods are only explained by other players. I really could go on, but you can get the point. 

As for you finding simplicity in the combat, that is given till level 50, and moving towards Mediah. It's no longer mean to be hard, it's just to get you prepped for things to come. As we get into Kamasylve things aren't going to be "easy" for a long time. You hitting 50 in a month goes to show inefficiency of how PA didn't explain how to level. You can do 50 in less than a week. Most can do it in a day or less now. 

A lot of PvE content? Quests - sure, most not worth doing (same goes for daily quests), Professions/life skills - sure it's how you sustain silver, exploration - doesn't really count as "content" since content would mean you do something not just look at mountains and rivers as you ride by. 

I'm on my way to my 3,000 hour reward, Ive explored every part of the map, 70-90% of all knowledge gained minus what is hidden behind amity and a few places i'm just lazy to go talk to people, I have a 58 Wizard who i hardly leveled, I have been through the main story 8/9 times, done all 3 cross roads in Serendia multiple times, both crossroads in Mediah multiple times, completed Valencia's story once, stalling/dreading doing Valencia's 2nd quest line from PTSD from PC, Master in several life skills, and sitting with TRI gear waiting for Night Vendor coming Wednesday to start actually gearing my character.  I say that to say 500 hours in for a NEW player you are doing good, if you were a PC player i'd say you are slacking. 

As for your PvP question: yes PvP is a blast when done correctly. No one cares your guild can zerg kill - numbers always beats skill. No one cares you have 280 AP and can 1 shot someone. The "game modes" suck. RBF is an actual joke. It's only use is the 200 free energy quest you can get from it daily. Battle area is where most of the fun PvP will happen. Arsha Arena is where you will test skill, since buffs cant be added and it wont be who had more buffs up. The best PvP is small guild wars around 4 - 8 people per guild fighting, To much more and it becomes a numbers game. Node wars and sieges are just politics and should hardly count as "PvP". And for the elephant in the room - flagging solves nothing, means nothing, other than stroking your own ego. 

So Im guessing some people think the only ones that should be streaming content are the experts? What a narrow point of view. 

1 minute ago, Tr3nch said:

So Im guessing some people think the only ones that should be streaming content are the experts? What a narrow point of view. 

I hope people don't think that is what I'm trying to say. I'm saying they should let "EXPERTS" show off content as in the awakening stream or a new class stream. Not Shirna trying to kill Pila Ku mobs with 180AP in a minimum 210AP zone, with garbage accuracy as a "look what these new bad ass skills can do" stream, and not day to day screwing off content like most of the daily BD streamers, that can be anyone.

@Nightingale Actually, I wasn't speaking about you. I think more streamers should be showcased but not just on their knowledge or skillset within the game. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Tr3nch said:

@Nightingale Actually, I wasn't speaking about you. I think more streamers should be showcased but not just on their knowledge or skillset within the game. 

If they're not knowledgeable or skillful at the game, why would anyone want to watch them play?

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Quantum said:

Pvp is basically if you dont upgrade gear forget about it, after that 1v1s are going to be 1st to cc wins and node wars are interesting 

Edited by x22

On 5/28/2019 at 3:29 PM, justfaded said:

If they're not knowledgeable or skillful at the game, why would anyone want to watch them play?

Believe it or not, there are a ton of quality streamers that are pretty awesome to watch due to entertainment value, not necessarily their knowledge of a particular game.However, my point seems to be taken out of context. Im not saying that people that have no clue about the game should be featured. I stated that people should not excluded just based on those merits.