Jump to content
Enslar

Get rid of fail stacking

Recommended Posts

So...I've played a lot of BDO.

One thing that I think should really change for the xbox version, is the fail stacking part of the enhancement system. It's no fun to sit in town for hours working on getting up fail stacks to make an attempt, then you fail anyway and downgrade. Have to swap to another character and start over fail stacking again, so you don't waste a fail stack that is too high for that enhance level, and spend all that time over again. Rinse and repeat. 

It would be much more simple, less frustrating, and less time consuming to just get rid of fail stacking and give each enhancement level a set percentage chance. Don't take away the difficulty of achieving higher grade gear, because that part of the enhancement system can be frustrating, but it can also be super rewarding when it goes your way. I'm not saying to make it easier to obtain high grade enhancements, but to make it to where you don't have to sit in town for hours fail stacking.

To offset the resources that would have previously been spent on fail stacking, a silver cost that is dependent on the enhancement you're attempting should be added, along with higher level enhancements taking more than the usual amount of durability progressively. This way PA could still sell artisan's memories and make money off of people who are interested in getting things done faster, but at the same time make the process a somewhat less frustrating one for players.

I just can't see this style of enhancement system sitting well with most console players, as they will want to spend their time being engaged by the game's content rather than spending so much time enhancing, sitting in town. It will just bore and drive a lot of people away from the game. 

Edited by Enslar
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to log in to reply. Failstacking is part of Black Desert. Ppl are engaged in the game’s content while failstacking. It wont drive a lot of ppl away. Why is console different than pc? There is no logic in that. Quit playing if you dont like it. 

Edited by iZarga
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iZarga said:

I had to log in to reply. Failstacking is part of Black Desert. Ppl are engaged in the game’s content while failstacking. It wont drive a lot of ppl away. Why is console different than pc? There is no logic in that. Quit playing if you dont like it. 

We dont even have the game yet so we cant quit. From the look of the community a lot of people are getting mad from their gear blowing up or are quitting because its "p2w"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 6:54 PM, Enslar said:

So...I've played a lot of BDO.

One thing that I think should really change for the xbox version, is the fail stacking part of the enhancement system. It's no fun to sit in town for hours working on getting up fail stacks to make an attempt, then you fail anyway and downgrade. Have to swap to another character and start over fail stacking again, so you don't waste a fail stack that is too high for that enhance level, and spend all that time over again. Rinse and repeat. 

It would be much more simple, less frustrating, and less time consuming to just get rid of fail stacking and give each enhancement level a set percentage chance. Don't take away the difficulty of achieving higher grade gear, because that part of the enhancement system can be frustrating, but it can also be super rewarding when it goes your way. I'm not saying to make it easier to obtain high grade enhancements, but to make it to where you don't have to sit in town for hours fail stacking.

To offset the resources that would have previously been spent on fail stacking, a silver cost that is dependent on the enhancement you're attempting should be added, along with higher level enhancements taking more than the usual amount of durability progressively. This way PA could still sell artisan's memories and make money off of people who are interested in getting things done faster, but at the same time make the process a somewhat less frustrating one for players.

I just can't see this style of enhancement system sitting well with most console players, as they will want to spend their time being engaged by the game's content rather than spending so much time enhancing, sitting in town. It will just bore and drive a lot of people away from the game. 

I love this. Exactly. The appeal to the different audience is what I've been saying since day 1. The people stuck on this PC mindset of "things can never change because thats what makes BDO" Similar to the AFK debate. Who are unwilling to look at the reality not just on the console, but at the audience we are talking about here. Anyways regarding enhancement and fs, Simon mentioned it will be different from PC, as to what extent that is, we do not know yet. On the grand scale of things we've learned very little since March. 

Edited by The Guiido
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2018 at 5:03 AM, The Guiido said:

I love this. Exactly. The appeal to the different audience is what I've been saying since day 1. The people stuck on this PC mindset of "things can never change because thats what makes BDO" Similar to the AFK debate. Who are unwilling to look at the reality not just on the console, but at the audience we are talking about here. Anyways regarding enhancement and fs, Simon mentioned it will be different from PC, as to what extent that is, we do not know yet. On the grand scale of things we've learned very little since March. 

...since March of 2017.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

To be fair that's a speculation article that says that ps4 and switch versions are also coming after Xbox (who knows). Not to mention the fact its saying its realising "summerish"

The biggest point is that the article is dated March 21, 2018

Edited by Azuki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Azuki said:

To be fair that's a speculation article that says that ps4 and switch versions are also coming after Xbox (who knows). Not to mention the fact its saying its realising "summerish"

The biggest point is that the article is dated March 21, 2018

It was leaked that bdo was coming to console before e3 but my point was that we don't know much more about it than we did then, being sarcastic of course. And we can only assume we're closer to a release date than we were than, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

It was leaked that bdo was coming to console before e3 but my point was that we don't know much more about it than we did then, being sarcastic of course. And we can only assume we're closer to a release date than we were than, lol.

I agree. Everyday that past is 1 day closer to release XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...