Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SlimTomale

Fixing Open World PvP for Xbox

Recommended Posts

Hi this is taken from another thread its a composite of stuff I thought of and others thought of that I thought would fix the issues with open world PvP on Xbox so that its actually well PvP.

1) When someone flags with Force PvP once they hit a person they remain flagged for 20-30 minutes of server time  or until the person dies or 20-30 minutes from the time they turn off the flag once they strike a person

2) People who are flagged cannot switch servers until the flag is off

3) Implement the Prison system from Valencia across the entire game and make it so that you can't escape. 

4) People who are flagged cannot enter any safe zones 

5) Increase the Karma loss so it matters and make it so that people who are in a group who kill someone as a result of that person who is flagged everyone gets karma loss from the kill.  

 

( I think that is all of the ones I had thought about while reading through suggestions)  

more information can be found here where others make suggestions similar to mine and outline the "why's" 

https://forums.playblackdesert.com/index.php?/topic/5196-game-review-after-a-month/

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Or just adding "can't be attacked" when PvP is toggle off.

The feature is already here,just need a small update.

PvE gamers won't be attacked if they don't want to and ganker will able to attack other ganker.

And everybody is happy.

But some of your idea can be added when it's toggle on,to make it more fair for PvPers

 

 

Edited by Quantum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These aren't PvP concepts. They're PvE players safety nets in a PvP world - and that's not something Black Desert needs. I'm not a die hard PvP player, but I understand that the aspects of this world require that I remain on my toes, and remain competitive in the PvP scene. I'm pressured to balance my gear between PvE viability, and PvP survivability. Its part of the game, and something that's grown on me. Changing these things would change the PvP paradigm quite drastically, and therefore Black Desert at it's core.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Hedonist_Jester said:

These aren't PvP concepts. They're PvE players safety nets in a PvP world - and that's not something Black Desert needs. I'm not a die hard PvP player, but I understand that the aspects of this world require that I remain on my toes, and remain competitive in the PvP scene. I'm pressured to balance my gear between PvE viability, and PvP survivability. Its part of the game, and something that's grown on me. Changing these things would change the PvP paradigm quite drastically, and therefore Black Desert at it's core.

oh my if your refering to the OP all these things exist in other pvp games the timers, the jail etc. fo the entire game, the safe zone barriers etc etc.   I dont think you have played many if you dont consider them to be pvp concepts they certainly haven't got anything to do with pve.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

People of xbox have to stop their feeling of entitlement towards the game which came out in 2015 just because they bought the game (or even better, got it via game pass).

Take the game for what it is. It's PvP oriented game and there is far too much whining about it. Author of this thread is clearly hurt cause he can't defend himself. The game doesn't need fixing, what needs fixing is your approach to the game. Adopt or quit.

Btw, I'm not ex-PC bdo player nor am I an elitis. My gear is TRI and when I sometimes get ganked, I dust off, switch server, and continue my thing. In the end the spot belongs to the stronger.

Too much QQ.

 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pvp game. Most commonly accepted aspect for rework is lessening the karma loss or losing no karma for repeated kills on the same target. Not the other way around. You dont like it, quit. Stop trying to make a pvp game more pve. Its annoying. Get good, stay 49 or just learn to run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SlimTomale said:

Hi this is taken from another thread its a composite of stuff I thought of and others thought of that I thought would fix the issues with open world PvP on Xbox so that its actually well PvP.

1) When someone flags with Force PvP once they hit a person they remain flagged for 20-30 minutes of server time  or until the person dies or 20-30 minutes from the time they turn off the flag once they strike a person

2) People who are flagged cannot switch servers until the flag is off

3) Implement the Prison system from Valencia across the entire game and make it so that you can't escape. 

4) People who are flagged cannot enter any safe zones 

5) Increase the Karma loss so it matters and make it so that people who are in a group who kill someone as a result of that person who is flagged everyone gets karma loss from the kill.  

 

( I think that is all of the ones I had thought about while reading through suggestions)  

more information can be found here where others make suggestions similar to mine and outline the "why's" 

https://forums.playblackdesert.com/index.php?/topic/5196-game-review-after-a-month/

Just agree with your 1st point and 5 group wise the rest no. They can change servers but remain red till timer elapsed, reds should be attacked by npcs and players in safe zones.

The griefing of players as they leave spawn nodes and safe zones should be handled by some other mechanism, Some ideas being put forward will kill off pvp.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

People of xbox have to stop their feeling of entitlement towards the game which came out in 2015 just because they bought the game (or even better, got it via game pass).

Take the game for what it is. It's PvP oriented game and there is far too much whining about it. Author of this thread is clearly hurt cause he can't defend himself. The game doesn't need fixing, what needs fixing is your approach to the game. Adopt or quit.

Btw, I'm not ex-PC bdo player nor am I an elitis. My gear is TRI and when I sometimes get ganked, I dust off, switch server, and continue my thing. In the end the spot belongs to the stronger.

Too much QQ.

 

its a suggestion forum with a list of suggestions that many people have suggested after a company asked for suggestions and input on things.    There is no entitlement here I'm giving input.   Its not a demand its a ... suggestion.     Sometimes companies like suggestions it gives them things to spur on ideas.     

  I dont know why people feel a need to be so rude.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SlimTomale said:

its a suggestion forum with a list of suggestions that many people have suggested after a company asked for suggestions and input on things.    There is no entitlement here I'm giving input.   Its not a demand its a ... suggestion.     Sometimes companies like suggestions it gives them things to spur on ideas.     

  I dont know why people feel a need to be so rude.  

Its because they white knight the game no matter what the devs do, yes suggestions are for/ toward the devs but everyone feels entitled to comment on your suggestions instead of just giving their own they criticize yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My home/main server is Bal-2 which I've read is the least peaceful one and chat can seem quite competitive and occasionally toxic due to saltiness.

I've levelled 1 character to 56 and another 2 are past 50 now. Haven't been attacked once, I've only ever seen one player with a red name and they were too busy running from guards in the capital. I've seen people react and analyse my characters body language so to speak to see if I'm moving like a hostile player.

I tend to act like they don't exist even though I see them, then they carry on with what they're doing. If I see someone grinding mobs, I move to the opposite side or rotate in an opposite direction so we both catch respawned mobs. Abandoned mine is an example due to the size of the rotation. 

Have actually worked together with some randoms, like earlier and we both had blue names. Like to think because they were DK and me Ranger, there was some Elf bonding lol

Edited by AwokenGenius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 They need to fix this game, let us non pvpers never have to PvP and our mounts safe from other players. I will never PvP , this is labeled as rpg , what person thought putting PvP in an rpg would be a good idea? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 12:25 AM, MakeumRage said:

Pvp game. Most commonly accepted aspect for rework is lessening the karma loss or losing no karma for repeated kills on the same target. Not the other way around. You dont like it, quit. Stop trying to make a pvp game more pve. Its annoying. Get good, stay 49 or just learn to run. 

2106 PC Karma Loss was Increased  60-120K had zero impact on structured PVP and the game as a whole except to lessen some of the PKing for a short period of time. Well it didn't solve the problem it sure made players like you really angry. So don't tell me that they will not change the Force Mode PVP because they have and don't tell me the majority is for less Karma because the majority of players never come near this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see 1-2 being added, however combined with 4 it would hurt people who flag up just to push people out of their grind rotation. Number 3 wouldnt make any sense, they would have to a extreme amount of work just to make it possible. Then your last one iirc they reduced karma loss to keep from punishing people who simply flag to protect their rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...