Sign in to follow this  
DaxRazor

PA - Please Settle This once and for all.

Posted (edited)

I read these posts and there is a constant drumbeat from the more active "criticizers" in the forums (by criticizer I mean people who instantly name call and attempt to discourage anyone from making suggestions or ridiculing the way that they want to play etc.) that BDO is a PVP Game. You know the classic PVP Gankers, the Git gud crowd, versus MMORPG Players who do structured PVP (node wars,conquest,red desert) and  PVE in the open world who are pretty much tired of getting PK'd every other day.

I would like a PA Official a CM or Developer to simply state once and for all. 

1) This is primarily a MMORPG with PVP Elements

or

2) This is primarily a PVP Game with MMORPG elements.

Then clarify the PA position on Griefers and AFK PK'ers (encourage or discourage)

This would save a whole lot of typing for us who want to actually have constructive discussions in the forums and would not make suggestions that would run contrary to the PA position.

Edited by DaxRazor
missing info

The game was designed for us to fight over limited resources. I think their position is pretty clear. 

18 minutes ago, DTG said:

The game was designed for us to fight over limited resources. I think their position is pretty clear. 

Limited resources? Every gathering node is personally instanced, means you put points in corn node others cant take it from you. If you're talking about mobs they respawn fairly quickly . They are also not"resources" so i don't know what you are referring to can you clarify.

While I do appreciate your input I am looking for someone with PA to answer this question. Its a simple one and it needs answering if XBDO community is going to settle down and  the central point of agitation on both the PVE and PVP sides is eliminated. I am happy to accept the outcome either way. I think defusing one group or the other will go a long way to getting a community all thinking and working together to make this awesome game better. 

Less toxic, more fun.

1 hour ago, DaxRazor said:

While I do appreciate your input I am looking for someone with PA to answer this question. Its a simple one and it needs answering if XBDO community is going to settle down and  the central point of agitation on both the PVE and PVP sides is eliminated. I am happy to accept the outcome either way. I think defusing one group or the other will go a long way to getting a community all thinking and working together to make this awesome game better. 

Less toxic, more fun.

Discussions on both sides (PvE and PvP )get more people talking about it, introducing more people to the game creating an endless cycle that there is no definative answer to nor will PA give you one. The collide between sides is what they want because if it was directed as PvE or PvP less people would but heads from both sides.

I'd agree more on both a balance between PVP so as PVE as we are grinding to level up and fighting to secure our spots not to mention wars. 

Posted (edited)

It doesn't matter what its supposed to be, what matters is what it is. Currently the average player base wants to pvp, or at least a fairly large portion do. So with PA not stopping it then that's what it is. Complaining or stating it is otherwise is rather moot in the grand scheme of things.

You can say it's not a pvp game but I'll still pvp you if we're dec'd or in the same grind spot.

Edited by Wiitchcraft
  • Like 3

Pvp game how is that hard to see? This isnt a new game with new features its the same game from pc. You grind to get gear to get better at.....guess what? Pvp. If this game wasnt so big on pvp it would have never caught my attention years ago. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bnews757 said:

Pvp game how is that hard to see? This isnt a new game with new features its the same game from pc. You grind to get gear to get better at.....guess what? Pvp. If this game wasnt so big on pvp it would have never caught my attention years ago. 

Sorry man, we disagree. I don't think it falls into any concrete category. The game is what you make it. You want to pvp? It's a PvP game. You don't want to? It's a PvE game. Simple as that really. 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

Sorry man, we disagree. I don't think it falls into any concrete category. The game is what you make it. You want to pvp? It's a PvP game. You don't want to? It's a PvE game. Simple as that really. 

Well if your doing pve your going to run into pvp rather you want to or  not unless your farming grass beetles by Olivia lol. The excitement for me comes from grinding a spot and seeing a white dot. Are they going to change channels, just passing by, or are we going to fight. Win or lose its get me excited.

Edited by Bnews757
  • Like 2

Last night i fought my way down to the bottom of the Helms cave doing some weapon quest for the Barraton Lancer, i picked up the next quest from a blacksmith guy in the cave to kill more mobs as i completed this quest and was running down just to hand it in some stupid moron striker decided i was in his rotation and killed me. I didn't shout i didn't get angry i just politely messaged him and congratulated him on his kill, i then re-spawned at the node buffed up ran back into the cave found him quite happily fighting a huge pack of mobs where he was very busy so i set him alight and then froze and fried him. I dont know why maybe its because he was in the red but he was just not as polite in the chat to me afterwards. Anyway i handed in the quest and rode back to Altinova smiling, just thought id ad my story about the lonely PK i met last night :)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChilMeiSTer1968 said:

Last night i fought my way down to the bottom of the Helms cave doing some weapon quest for the Barraton Lancer, i picked up the next quest from a blacksmith guy in the cave to kill more mobs as i completed this quest and was running down just to hand it in some stupid moron striker decided i was in his rotation and killed me. I didn't shout i didn't get angry i just politely messaged him and congratulated him on his kill, i then re-spawned at the node buffed up ran back into the cave found him quite happily fighting a huge pack of mobs where he was very busy so i set him alight and then froze and fried him. I dont know why maybe its because he was in the red but he was just not as polite in the chat to me afterwards. Anyway i handed in the quest and rode back to Altinova smiling, just thought id ad my story about the lonely PK i met last night :)  

I love story time especially pvp, pk whatever lol we need more stories. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bnews757 said:

Idk...because of things this guy has claimed in the past, I'm doubtful that story actually happened. We'll call it a Fiction Novella. 

1 hour ago, ChilMeiSTer1968 said:

Ah Helms the pvp introduction area, that strikers there to start you on your journey to the darkside :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bnews757 said:

Start a thread lets see where it takes us :)

Well. The only official statement i have ever seen is on xbox rating comments of black desert. They stated that the open world pvp is "to add a sense of danger to exploring the world". Meaning this is an mmorpg with pvp elements added in to make it more dangerous, because no enemy is as big of a threat as another player. You can look on the xbox rating comments and see their replies to some of them stating this. I hope this information helps. ^.^ 

Posted (edited)

just look at the tags and description.  It says its an MMORPG and Action roleplay  game, but nowhere do the tags say PVP.    Its got a pvp element to it for sure and to some extent in all games there is some form of pvp even if its not physical like marketplaces etc etc.       Its already been categorised by the company on Xbox in black and white.     or .. maybe its white and black on the xbox lol.  

Anyhow yes there are pvp elements in the game but its not just a pvp game.   

Edited by SlimTomale

2 hours ago, Shadi said:

Start a thread lets see where it takes us :)

Nope starting threads on this forum get off track which lead into 4 to 6 pages full of back and forth arguments hahah

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SlimTomale said:

just look at the tags and description.  It says its an MMORPG and Action roleplay  game, but nowhere do the tags say PVP.    Its got a pvp element to it for sure and to some extent in all games there is some form of pvp even if its not physical like marketplaces etc etc.       Its already been categorised by the company on Xbox in black and white.     or .. maybe its white and black on the xbox lol.  

Anyhow yes there are pvp elements in the game but its not just a pvp game.   

just thought I would put this in here. From BDO's PC website. 

No where does it mention as a key feature endlessly circle grind for no point other than Combat and Skill exp with some mediocre money making. 

But oddly enough it does talk about guilds, guild wars, conquest and node wars. 

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by Nightingale

It's threads like this that make me want to go pk everyone i see. I get sick of people crying about pvp. The game has been out for years on PC. If you didn't know what BDO was before you got in it... shame on you. It's always been PVP game. 

The community has turned into a bunch of whiners with everything. Let me guess "but its affecting my experience wahhh" ... tough. It's PVP always on out in the wild and it'll never change. So deal with it. Xbox is ezmode version compared to PC when it comes to PVP. 

I'm sorry but I get sick of these handful of carebears wanting some ezmode put in to make a safe space for them.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

just thought I would put this in here. From BDO's PC website. 

No where does it mention as a key feature endlessly circle grind for no point other than Combat and Skill exp with some mediocre money making. 

But oddly enough it does talk about guilds, guild wars, conquest and node wars. 

Screenshot_3.png

The description on the Xbox store is what we go by because this is xbox not pc. The Xbox description only states intense combat it never says PvP , very deceptive in my opinion.

17 hours ago, Bnews757 said:

Pvp game how is that hard to see? This isnt a new game with new features its the same game from pc. You grind to get gear to get better at.....guess what? Pvp. If this game wasnt so big on pvp it would have never caught my attention years ago

Yes there is PVP in the Game and there is structured PVP (you can opt in or out always your choice) in Every MMO I have ever played, not one restricts my advancement or being able to play the entire game except this one. BDO forces me to PVP to experience newer content and "Become my True Self" who is a character that doesn't believe in killing people for fun or any other made up "proximity" reasons. I am just trying to reconcile the Forced Mode PVP with the game mechanics, it serves no purpose in the game at all, there is no rewards except that people get to mess with other people. I learned a long time ago that if you provide a system where people can "grief" other people in real life or a game they will do it . The only way to restrict that is to make it impossible to do, no amount of penalties will ever limit it.

I love this game and every part of it except for the Forced Mode PVP. I also know I am not alone, there are 1,000s of players like me that say nothing because they just want to be left alone to play, you know not get killed while picking corn in this PVP Game. They don't come to forums because you just get called names and told to 'git gud', there are no discussions of merit on this site. I am trying to change that.

PVP is Guild Based in this game except for forced mode, you can PVP all day long. Node Wars/Conquest/Red Battlefield and Guild Wars. There is zero reason to flag up and kill other players except to cause them agitation and delay their advancement and enjoyment of the game. 

ex. You can kill anyone after LVL 50 regardless of your level say 60 you can flag up and kill the guy with +12 Gear without any real penalty that has any meaning. That said they place a ridiculous penalty system in place to discourage PKs this system BTW is so broken I saw a Red Player ride into Alta Nova and Shop at the CM and ride out without being killed by the guards (they could not catch him riding and there is a place above the CM where there is no guard aggro circles so they stop chasing the player  so he can shop and sit there unmolested) So I am trying to reconcile that.

All I want is PA to state what their game is, that is not really a strange request because I play lots of games and all of them state specifically what the game is. So I do not think I am being unreasonable in my request.

You know when they raised the Karma cost for PKs in 2016 from  60k to 120k the Griefers and PKers went ballistic and guess what? the game didn't die.  So dont tell me PA will never change anything in the game in regards to Forced Mode PVP.

19 hours ago, Silencium said:

Discussions on both sides (PvE and PvP )get more people talking about it, introducing more people to the game creating an endless cycle that there is no definative answer to nor will PA give you one. The collide between sides is what they want because if it was directed as PvE or PvP less people would but heads from both sides.

Pretty pessimistic world view. Games want to create toxic atmospheres where factions of players call each other names and belittle every suggestion and comment. As a business owner for 22 years I can say that no product wants to be associated with this, they come down on one side. An excellent example is Apple the people who love it defend it and forgive any mis-steps or bad ideas, the people who don't like it buy something else. There is never conflict inside the actual user base, because that creates dissent and destroys the "Brand".

Why do you think they spent so much time and effort fixing the chat? Answer because the toxic community that you say they promote was costing them players. 

BDO is a Brand who has been lucky that there are lots of people in the world starting to play games everyday. Of course they are now Free to Play on Game Pass and have to run an Event for returning players in a 4 Month old MMORPG Grinder. ( on XBOX don't freak out PC guys) but that is a whole other issue.

40 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

The description on the Xbox store is what we go by because this is xbox not pc. The Xbox description only states intense combat it never says PvP , very deceptive in my opinion.

They are one in the same. They are not two different games. I have looked at both websites, but PC's is more accurate to what the game is verses xbox's website. Just because someone plays on xbox doesn't mean they can't go look at PC's website. A lot of us track SEA/KR server patch notes yet I have to use google to translate to get the idea of what's coming, minus cash shop items we always get what they have.