RemovePVP

PVE servers will be here in July.

11 minutes ago, Shockelite said:

but I greatly disagree they wouldn't profit on pve players.

ok im not an developer but i think that the most money they make with the game comes from pvp players... cause this dudes want to push their gear. The biggest part of pve players dont pays nearly nothing into the game! 

And PA wants gamers who bring money. Ofc they also want a large playerbase but the most important ones are these who bring money. And on PC the PvE players also dont got an own server... and there are significant more then on xbox.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Novastone said:

ok im not an developer but i think that the most money they make with the game comes from pvp players... cause this dudes want to push their gear. The biggest part of pve players dont pays nearly nothing into the game! 

And PA wants gamers who bring money. Ofc they also want a large playerbase but the most important ones are these who bring money. And on PC the PvE players also dont got an own server... and there are significant more then on xbox.

How so? I don’t pvp but my wife and I purchased pearls to grant more inventory, appearance clothes and pets. Separate profiles separate purchases. I enchant gear, kill bosses, and buy/contribute to the cm just like everyone else.

Edited by Shockelite
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Novastone said:

I wouldn't sign this. It is completely wrong to reduce it to a specific style of play. It doesn't matter if PvP or PvE. I would say, the money is coming from players, which enjoys the game.

Take me for example. I haven't done any PvP activities on console since release, because I already recognized in the PC version 2 years ago for me, that PvP doesn't make sense and the PvE activities are personally the most enjoyable things in Black Desert for me and my guild mates.  Therefore, the  PvP is also deactivated for all my chars on console. I enjoy questing, exploring, doing life skills and so on. When I got killed, I got killed 😂

Since release I have spend around 500,- Euros on console for the monthly subscription pack, outfits, inventory and storage expansion and much more. Today, I already bought the new maid bundle. Therefore, I would definitely not sign that PvE players don't spend less money into the game. As long I have fun with the game (and I have 3 years already fun with Black Desert on PC), I will log in and also spend money into the game.

Edited by Mihari
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Novastone said:

Hmm, from PVP view the PVP players need to purchase outfits for money exchange, aritsan memory for pushing the enchamcement as fast as they can.

From PVE view, You need pets, life skilling clothes, inventory expansions, weight expansions, value pack, kamasylve blessing. And that is for one character, You have to purchase all again if You want to reroll.

Why do u think pvp players don't need them too? Pets, weight expansion value pack, kamasylve blessing and maybe one char with inventory expanded for afk fishing. To be good on pvp u need the gear and silver.

Pvp players do all the stuff the pve players do, they just do the whole games content rather than half. Or a third even.

2 hours ago, Wiitchcraft said:

Pvp players do all the stuff the pve players do, they just do the whole games content rather than half. Or a third even.

Pve players would like to but not going to with forced pvp. Lifeskilling is fun too trying to level it up on every single character . Workshops bringing in mass money from cm sales, im only doing content up to mediah . 49 and auto attacking stuff at mines is fun and efficient way to do guild missions without worrying about pvp.

29 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

Pve players would like to but not going to with forced pvp. Lifeskilling is fun too trying to level it up on every single character . Workshops bringing in mass money from cm sales, im only doing content up to mediah . 49 and auto attacking stuff at mines is fun and efficient way to do guild missions without worrying about pvp.

But that's what I'm saying, half the games content is pvp, or more. Fighting over grind spots is the goal for end game grinds. Node Wars is the goal for small guilds to progress. Seige Wars is the main goal for larger guilds or smaller competitive node war guilds progress. Red Battlefield is a great way to take breaks, especially from life Skilling since there's a quest in there that allows you to get 200 energy back. Battle Arena is for people to get together to learn how to progress in their class for pvp. 

If you don't do any of that you missing the majority of the content. 

The open world pvp is a gimmick. Nothing more. PA responded to some negative ratings on xbox store concerning the open world pvp, saying "The forced pvp adds a sense of danger to the world, but as areas open up, the chances of meeting another player become rare". It's not some big game focus or something. We aren't expected to fight over spots either. If they truly wanted us to fight over spots they wouldn't allow us to be able to sell stuff to each other through the CM, they wouldn't allow for multiple areas to drop the same piece of gear or equivalent/alternative gear in different areas (ogre ring, laytenn's power stone, tungrad necklace for example) , they wouldn't give us boss scrolls or just not allow boss scroll bosses the ability to drop boss gear, they wouldn't have added the night vendor, they wouldn't turn off the forced pvp for world bosses, and more. This game allows you to choose the goal. It's not a pvp game. It's not a pve game. They used to call games like this a sandbox because you weren't told or given a goal like in regular games, it was up to you what you decided to focus on. PvE servers probably won't happen. They want the forced pvp to add that sense of danger to being outside of a town.

Not a PvP game but pretty much only PvP activities.

RBF.
Node Wars.
Open World PvP.
Battle Arena.
Siege War.
Guild Wars.
PvP Server.

= Not a PvP game. Huh? Oh right, lets see what we have for PvE content without PvP.

World Bosses.
Safe Zone Lifeskilling.
Boss Scrolls
Uh. Am I forgetting anything?

Looks Pretty PvP to me. Not too sandbox-ish either, though it certainly has the elements, kind of like the PvE content. You know, sprinkled in around all that PvP stuff in this non PvP game thats impossible to not PvP in unless you purposely stop playing relevant content.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wiitchcraft said:

RBF.
Node Wars.
Open World PvP.
Battle Arena.
Siege War.
Guild Wars.
PvP Server.

= Not a PvP game. Huh? Oh right, lets see what we have for PvE content without PvP.

World Bosses.
Safe Zone Lifeskilling.
Boss Scrolls

Looks Pretty PvP to me. Not too sandbox-ish either, though it certainly has the elements, kind of like the PvE content. You know, sprinkled in around all that PvP stuff in this non PvP game thats impossible to not PvP in unless you purposely stop playing relevant content.

Why are you so against even the idea of a pve server? How will it effect you personally? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wiitchcraft said:

World Bosses.
Safe Zone Lifeskilling.
Boss Scrolls

Questing, Exploring, obtaining Knowledge, Trading, Fishing, Cooking, Processing, Taming ..... all things that keeps me busy the whole evening.

As already said, I play Black Desert since years and stopped playing the PvP about 2 years ago. I haven't the feeling I have missed something important, while playing it PvE only. Personally for me, Black Desert is currently the best MMORPG with the best PvE elements on the market and i'm playing the ESO and FFXIV addons besides at the moment. But we are drifting back into this endless PvE vs. PvP discussion. 😎

Black Desert is the game that players makes it for themselves. You can play it PvP only. You can play it PvE only. You can play it mixed style. All is working fine. As long as everyone is accepting the others and that are ever PvP and PvE only players existing, the game is an experience for everyone. At the end it doesn't matter what kind of playing style Black Desert is or not. We all want to play it. We all want an healthy and growing game. We all want to have fun. And what does it help, when players leaving the game and the game is dying?

I have seen dying many MMORPGs (PvP and PvE) in the last 10-15 years and in most of these MMOs also the community was partly fault to this. I'm also convinced a good and healthy MMORPG needs all kind of players. Only with PvP, PvE and mixed players, a MMORPG will be a long-term healthy MMORPG on the market. Therefore, I would like to see that all players will accept and respect that players have different opionions why they are playing and also argue differently.

I'm a PvE player and I accept that PvP is part of the game. I am not staying at level 49, because I have fear to be killed from a PvP player. And by the way, I have been killed less than 30 times since release. Which is nothing.

Edited by Mihari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another Pve player here. Playing since day 1. 7 characters 50+ and have been killed 3 or 4 times. I don't see the problem with "forced" pvp. 

1 hour ago, Shockelite said:

Why are you so against even the idea of a pve server? How will it effect you personally? 

Do you want to re-read, or did I accidentally hide somewhere in there that I was against anything other than calling a game that's heavily flowing with pvp, not a pvp game?

And yeah Mihari, I agree the game is whatever you make it, which is why the game is so great. But as to my first point, all those activities can have pvp in them except the safe zone lifeskilling like cooking, processing, etc. Or unless you use an alt under 50 which most do to avoid pvp but I feel that's more a manipulation that everyone is fine with. But that is rather debatable.

I was curious about your input after your comment with Ashlyn. As I previously stated, forced pvp isn’t a really big deal to me, it doesnt stop me from enjoying the game as a pve player. Console is way more laid back then the pc version. I’m not against the idea of a pve server for those that don't pvp. You just haven’t been clear about whether your for it or against it.

I said the game is whatever you want it to be, and you agreed to that. I was pointing out the forced (or open world, if you don't like the term forced) pvp isn't the game's focus because they have so much stuff that contradicts that. It's in the game as a gimmick, to add danger, and because of that, pve servers probably won't happen. But, you chose to focus on basically one sentence of that entire post and argue about it, then turn around and agreed to what I said just because someone put it in different words. You have contradicted yourself. It can't be a pvp game and a game that allows you choose for it to be a non-pvp game at the same time. Those things are mutually exclusive.

No, you can't, but that's okay. Pls take care and have fun!

PvE servers will probably not happen during the time many of us here now will be so actively playing BDO if ever, but I sincerely hope everyone still has lots of fun with such a wonderful game.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 12:13 AM, Wiitchcraft said:

RBF.
Node Wars.
Open World PvP.
Battle Arena.
Siege War.
Guild Wars.
PvP Server.

World Bosses.
Safe Zone Lifeskilling.
Boss Scrolls

Forgetting:

Quests and story content 

Economics/business building 

Exploration

Horse Taming and Sales

New added zones with more of all of the above. 

And before anybody says nobody plays for the economy side of things, I have two words: “EVE Online”

1 hour ago, Satsuki Hime said:

Forgetting:

Quests and story content 

Economics/business building 

Exploration

Horse Taming and Sales

New added zones with more of all of the above. 

And before anybody says nobody plays for the economy side of things, I have two words: “EVE Online”

I'll agree with Economics/Business building.

The rest aren't strictly PvE activities or non pvp activities since PvP can happen during them.

Alot of people are pve heavy and can deal with the pvp that is rare and has no downside. So i dont understand the need for a pve server. I have never been attacked while doing lifeskills, only while doing mob grinding. Alot of people enjoy the realism.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Wiitchcraft said:

I'll agree with Economics/Business building.

The rest aren't strictly PvE activities or non pvp activities since PvP can happen during them.

The thing is, you listed PVP and PVE things separately. Meaning, the pure PVP activities are node/guild wars, sieges, duels, grind spot squabbling and Red Battlefield. Literally everything else in the game can be done without ever fighting another player. 

And the game has systems in place specifically to punish players for forcing PVP. 

That’s not “PVP centric”. At best, I’d call BDO balanced between the two- and they’ve clearly stated that the game is moving more to the PVE side, with Shai, and more upcoming group PVE content. 

Ultimately, if they add a PVE channel, it won’t affect anybody who doesn’t go play on that channel. 

And for the record, two out of three of my characters are above 50. The third will be, eventually. 

Edited by Satsuki Hime
Clarity

In the end a PvE server will be overcrowded  which makes any sort of grinding pointless, combined with their policy on realism im sure they would reduce item drops but maybe increase life skill exp. but then again i still dont see the point. Most people dont kill life skill people as there is no point. the only true reason i have seen that people go out of their way to attack you is if your grinding mobs in their area.