Sign in to follow this  
Grammaticus

Bring PVP for Levels below 49

As stated in the Topic - There is no reason why PVP should not be auto enabled for everyone since lvl 1. I believe it would be fun to experience PVP from the very start of the game to get better at it early on and just over-all get better at it as your class progresses. There is no logic to why PVP should only start at certain level and people constantly have issues with the flagging quest, this would eliminate these trouble and Tickets entirely. There is still Karma mechanic which can protect you from harassment so there is no need for additional safeguards.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Now that's a interesting suggestion. Plus you could as well make it so that only your lvl gap can attack you or you them till a certain point that be the standard lvl 50 but than again gear as you know its not bound that how ever would be unfair to newer players. So it would only replace PVP ise tickets with outgearing. 

Edited by Astolti

It would be exploited by karma bombers. Imagine a lvl 1 being killed by a 55+ it would be a huge karma loss (maybe even put you into minus after 1 kill)

If you arranged it into groups like only 1-49 can only PvP then 50+. It would just be exploited by lvl 49 players just staying at 49 and using OP gear to kill without the danger of being ganked by someone's 50+ main. It would breed a whole new aspect of people making twinks for the purpose of lvl 49 PvP.

1-55 is so fast anyway you would barely get a chance to get any real PvP experience. 

43 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

As stated in the Topic - There is no reason why PVP should not be auto enabled for everyone since lvl 1. I believe it would be fun to experience PVP from the very start of the game to get better at it early on and just over-all get better at it as your class progresses. There is no logic to why PVP should only start at certain level and people constantly have issues with the flagging quest, this would eliminate these trouble and Tickets entirely. There is still Karma mechanic which can protect you from harassment so there is no need for additional safeguards.

On release, Black Deserts PvP started at 45 then was later raised to 50. You also use to lose exp on pvp death too, but too many cried because the negative 1m crowd didn't care and would grief the under geared causing major issues. 

Something you may not be thinking about is the level gap of pvp efficiency.  A level 45 with equal gear will deal less damage to a 50, just as a level 56 wont deal the same damage to a 61. Heck it's even a decent difference in a 60 - 62 fighting. (assuming equal gear - equal skill)

PERSONALLY I'm glad some safeguard is in place level wise. NO safeguard and we would now have 0 ways of moving crates other than transport (which is dumbly expensive and extremely slow when talking tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of crates in one run). It means Horses "can" be trained in peace without the fear some bored little shi*ter comes and knocks you off your horse 5 minutes after you walk away for the night. Could you imagine a level 62 coming and grifeing low level grind spots and to the guys who are already negative one mil and DO NOT CARE about karma? 

I think the issue is that nothing can PUSH you to 50 naturally, without accepting that mirror or what ever it is now a days. It would prevent people like Deathz from staying perma 49 actively and people like him would have to cycle 49s and delete them before they hit 50 causing him to eventually quit and never be able to get any real progression because he would have to start all over every new character with beginner 1 life skills. Since every life skill gives level experience. Where horse training wouldn't be an issue if we could get our 100% horses move speed in town, Moving crates gives you 0 exp so a 49 would never level up. 

I would go the other way around. Open pvp only for lvl 60 and higher because you could learn all skills on 60 and leveling is so slow that there will be no big lvl gaps.

They have even time to train with awakening before fighting.

But they don't need to I'm okay with the current system.  Imagine your on fogans and can't kill the ppl who destroy your rota

8 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

Fine as is .

with PL you can go 1-56 in 3hrs tops 

without PL 1-6 days for 1-50 depending on play speed .

plenty of people past 49 for you to kill , sorry you need to kill under geared wet behind the ears noobs to get your kicks .

Edited by Mefit

11 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

Sorry Grammy ole boy, I disagree. Even I have characters that should be named Deathz Angel to avoid pvp wherever possible 😅

22 hours ago, Grammaticus said:

Yes instance pvp with tiers but not open world across the board, you would need dedicated pvp and pve servers.

On 6/13/2019 at 3:59 PM, Nimrod said:

I would go the other way around. Open pvp only for lvl 60 and higher because you could learn all skills on 60 and leveling is so slow that there will be no big lvl gaps.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm playing BDO since release an PC and have several 60+ Chars on PC. I really have to say, the open PvP in BDO (and also BD on XBox) is not worth mentioning. Since it is not skill-based and the players are not scaled to an equal level, it is not fair and competitive in my opinion and I can't enjoy it. I'm not playing open PvP in BDO since some years. I'm taking part in node wars for my guild, but that's it.

To make open pvp more fair and enjoyable, I see only 2 options:

1.) The PvP must either scale to each the players to create similar fighting values. Therefore, I think starting with level 60 would be a good first step.

2.) Change the PvP to a skill-based system and ignore player level, AK, DP and so on.