Hi all, I'm staring at Black Desert Ultimate Edition on the Xbox One and I did some research of course o brushed most of what I found off because you can't trust reviews too much these days.

I came from another MMO game where I've spent five years playing so I'm not new to the grind and because it'll be my main game I'll typically spend large amounts of real money each month for cosmetics. 

I've watched the character customization and I found it unique but I really can't tell if you can customize what you wear or not. Like the wizard for example, can you remove the hat? Or the sorceress, is there a male counterpart coming?

But my real question goes to you guys, the ones who play. Is Black Desert REALLY worth me buying and investing in?

It depends on if it fits your style if you currently have gamepass you should be able to do a test run since it is on there too before you decide to fully own it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ComplexZeru said:

It depends on if it fits your style if you currently have gamepass you should be able to do a test run since it is on there too before you decide to fully own it

Yes, I do have game pass. It's downloading right now. Thank you

So a lot of the classes are gender specific, yes there are some classes which are similar for instance witch/wizard, striker/mystic but there are differences in them.. really I would say as the previous person did, try it with your game pass, if you like it then get it, if not then no harm done.. as for your question about outfit customization, there is an ingame option to remove the hat/helmet of most of the outfit sets (only one I can think of that it doesn’t is the one you get for free from the quest line).. if you have a value pack (which you can get for like $20 a month or so) you can also change the color of your outfit to any number of combinations to fit your style more.... honestly you could spend the entire first couple of days/weeks just doing character customization and still have missed something while doing it.. luckily with the value pack I mentioned you can access the customization menu at any time to be able to change the characters appearance up. 

12 hours ago, Sinematic said:

Hi all, I'm staring at Black Desert Ultimate Edition on the Xbox One and I did some research of course o brushed most of what I found off because you can't trust reviews too much these days.

I came from another MMO game where I've spent five years playing so I'm not new to the grind and because it'll be my main game I'll typically spend large amounts of real money each month for cosmetics. 

I've watched the character customization and I found it unique but I really can't tell if you can customize what you wear or not. Like the wizard for example, can you remove the hat? Or the sorceress, is there a male counterpart coming?

But my real question goes to you guys, the ones who play. Is Black Desert REALLY worth me buying and investing in?

Yes you can hide the hat and you can buy outfits costumes. you can also dye what you are wearing. You can also change your appearance a lot when you make your character. The clothing not quite as much as some games.  

Game is fun for me but you should know a couple of things. First you have to spend some money. I wouldn't call it p2w but you have to spend some money on things like pets and while the game itself doesn't have a subscription fee you will most likely want to pay 15 a month for the value pack which is almost a necessity if you want to sell things on the game's auction house system.

Second, there is forced pvp. There are zero consequences to dying in pvp and while I personally like forced pvp games, a lot of people get really sour about it... on the forums. Ingame most people just fight and generally enjoy themselves.

If you're okay with those two things, then you will like the game. There are a ton of things to do and the world and combat are the best I have ever seen in a MMO, by far.