Yiazzy

Server Removal

22 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

Lol don't get salty when they add pve servers

You do realize that if they ever do add pve servers, they're going to have to nerf them heavily, right? Less exp, less drops, etc. I'll be okay with pve servers because of that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

Lol don't get salty when they add pve servers

If only I had the power to delete replies on my own topics.....not talking about PVE servers. Once again, here's your daily dose of "SHUT THE HELL UP" 

53 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

If only I had the power to delete replies on my own topics.....not talking about PVE servers. Once again, here's your daily dose of "SHUT THE HELL UP" 

If they deleted a server to add Arsha they might delete one for pve server.

Since I have seen yesterday evening that the Arsha server was low crowded again, I decided to take a look into it with a twink, because of the EXP buff. I switched at around 9pm with my ranger and level 34 to the server and started solo leveling. At around 12pm I left the server with level 52 and some Asula gear 😂

Yes, besides the 50% EXP server buff, I have used buff food (like milk tee) and some EXP scrolls. But leveling a twink seems currently to be fast and relaxed on the server. I have seen some people during my session at the catfishs and helms, but no fights for grinding spots at all, because they were enough space for everyone. Compared to my normal server (Balenos 2, which were middle crowded at the same time), the Arsha server felt empty for me.

Since the server seems not to be crowded like the normal servers and my used grinding spots before Valencia region were almost empty, I will level my ranger to 56 today. I also got some Asula gear wihtin one hour at the mine and helms, which I never got so fast at the normal server.

6 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

If they deleted a server to add Arsha they might delete one for pve server.

Except that PVE servers ARE NOT HAPPENING. 

On 6/19/2019 at 9:50 AM, Wiitchcraft said:

I feel like the EU players don't realize that even though the US has 15 servers, they are all crowded pretty much all the time, there is maybe a 3 hour window where a few servers are not crowded 

What Game are you playing ? Majority of NA (they are not just US Servers) Servers are below the crowded threshold from 12AM-12PM PDT weekdays and from 12AM-10AM on weekends.

2 hours ago, DaxRazor said:

What Game are you playing ? Majority of NA (they are not just US Servers) Servers are below the crowded threshold from 12AM-12PM PDT weekdays and from 12AM-10AM on weekends.

I think he was allowing for when people, you know, sleep.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaxRazor said:

No way. Maybe half the servers or a third. Around 9 - 10 am PDT the majority of servers start to fill up on average. Mondays and Tuesdays can be less crowded but that seems to be it.

23 hours ago, Wiitchcraft said:

No way. Maybe half the servers or a third. Around 9 - 10 am PDT the majority of servers start to fill up on average. Mondays and Tuesdays can be less crowded but that seems to be it.

Sigh. I dont have time to screen cap the server list all day but with some slight variations in times I made an accurate statement. Since you started by saying its only quiet for 3 hours a day you have the burden of proof.

[EDIT] NA Servers XBDO Saturday June 22, 9:34 AM ....

23 hours ago, justfaded said:

I think he was allowing for when people, you know, sleep.

You are aware there are time zones, right? 

2019-06-22_9-30-30_AM-gilzbrf1.png

Edited by DaxRazor

On 6/20/2019 at 5:22 PM, justfaded said:

You do realize that if they ever do add pve servers, they're going to have to nerf them heavily, right? Less exp, less drops, etc. I'll be okay with pve servers because of that.

Justification for the "nerf"? There is no reason they need to be any different then a regular server.

The only reason they buff Arsha is an attempt to lure PVE people over to provide human game for the PK hunters to keep the OWPVP abusers on the server away from the rest of us. Of course it will not work and Arsha will become dominated by a couple big guilds and PKers looking to earn their Karma back they lost on a regular server. Predators go where the Prey is.

4 hours ago, DaxRazor said:

Sigh. I dont have time to screen cap the server list all day but with some slight variations in times I made an accurate statement. Since you started by saying its only quiet for 3 hours a day you have the burden of proof.

[EDIT] NA Servers XBDO Saturday June 22, 9:34 AM ....

2019-06-22_9-30-30_AM-gilzbrf1.png

I don't feel it's really that important to argue or show proof over. The servers have a pretty healthy population a good portion of the day is all I was getting at.

6 hours ago, DaxRazor said:

Justification for the "nerf"? There is no reason they need to be any different then a regular server.

The only reason they buff Arsha is an attempt to lure PVE people over to provide human game for the PK hunters to keep the OWPVP abusers on the server away from the rest of us. Of course it will not work and Arsha will become dominated by a couple big guilds and PKers looking to earn their Karma back they lost on a regular server. Predators go where the Prey is.

You really think it would be okay if there were pve servers where people can grind without any worries while people have to compete on normal servers? Either exp and drop rate needs to get nerfed or pve servers need to be restricted to characters who cant switch to normal servers.

5 hours ago, justfaded said:

You really think it would be okay if there were pve servers where people can grind without any worries while people have to compete on normal servers? Either exp and drop rate needs to get nerfed or pve servers need to be restricted to characters who cant switch to normal servers.

So now you admit that OWPVP is a hindrance?

How is competition for resources any less on a PVE server, same spawns, same resources. The method of competition just doesn't include the killing of lower leveled and weaker geared opponents. Additionally unless the PVP PK crowd shows up and front runs and griefs others players (kill stealing ect ) the PVE players will tend to be way more respectful to each other.

The Stronger PVP crowd goes to Arsha for increased drop rate attacking anyone  who shows up, how is that fair to the weaker players who cannot compete??

All For Us, Nothing For you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaxRazor said:

So now you admit that OWPVP is a hindrance?

How is competition for resources any less on a PVE server, same spawns, same resources. The method of competition just doesn't include the killing of lower leveled and weaker geared opponents. Additionally unless the PVP PK crowd shows up and front runs and griefs others players (kill stealing ect ) the PVE players will tend to be way more respectful to each other.

The Stronger PVP crowd goes to Arsha for increased drop rate attacking anyone  who shows up, how is that fair to the weaker players who cannot compete??

All For Us, Nothing For you!

Of course it's a hindrance. It's a core mechanic of the game, it's the sole reason why the game funnels people so fast into a few spots to fight over. I never said otherwise. People just have a problem with people crying about it. 

You do realize there are actual PvE games out there, and how kill stealing is a big deal in those games? Saying PvE players are much more respectful is just a dumb argument. 

And I don't know where you're at in this game but not too many people go into areas populated by lower levels just to grief them. Most of the fighting is between more or less equally matched levels and gears. People fight over spawns or they try to out-farm each other until someone gets frustrated and flags or leaves. That's how most PvP encounters go, you should know that if you have played the game for any significant amount of time.

And Arsha is not even that bad. Just go there and see for yourself. If anything, there is a lot more of that honor in video games bs going on there where people don't really attack people until they know they are ready to fight back. 

Just play the game man. Your perspective makes me think you haven't really given it a chance. 

10 hours ago, justfaded said:

Of course it's a hindrance. It's a core mechanic of the game, it's the sole reason why the game funnels people so fast into a few spots to fight over. I never said otherwise. People just have a problem with people crying about it. 

You do realize there are actual PvE games out there, and how kill stealing is a big deal in those games? Saying PvE players are much more respectful is just a dumb argument. 

And I don't know where you're at in this game but not too many people go into areas populated by lower levels just to grief them. Most of the fighting is between more or less equally matched levels and gears. People fight over spawns or they try to out-farm each other until someone gets frustrated and flags or leaves. That's how most PvP encounters go, you should know that if you have played the game for any significant amount of time.

And Arsha is not even that bad. Just go there and see for yourself. If anything, there is a lot more of that honor in video games bs going on there where people don't really attack people until they know they are ready to fight back. 

Just play the game man. Your perspective makes me think you haven't really given it a chance. 

I have over 100 Days played and over 1500 game hours. I have 6 characters all over the imaginary useless GS number of 420.

I think I have spent more time then most in XBDO so I can pretty confidently say you have no idea what you are talking about. I have played every aspect of the game. AFK PKs and straight up PK griefing are normal and widespread. I can safely say if you play as much as I do and as many characters up through 50 as I have and have not been killed for no reason somewhere you are full of BS.

I would add you have no idea because I guarantee you only are doing the top end content and are backed by a big guild so people leave you alone. So I say drop guild make a new character and level it up without any help from your family, you know grind it out, and see what happens.

I have stated several times that I love this game,but I think it is you who doesnt understand the "core mechanic" OWPVP is to stop people who are behaving poorly (like waiting and kill stealing larger enemies, following you around and calling you out in chat) its a line of last resort not a first reaction. Unfortunately way too many people think "might makes right" and  kill  and take spots from others because they simply can in the name of "competition".

Karma exists to prevent widespread PKing over ridiculous things like crossing over an imaginary line where some player thinks they own the area. There is no "funneling into areas" The enemy areas are massive and spawn rates are super fast. There is room for everyone if you take just the area you need and respect someone else who is already there. 

The simple fact is its not about "competition" because that implies a level playing field where skill determines outcome, BDO has a gear Gap that is too wide for fair play. So its  really about hindering and delaying weaker players because of a mentality that "the strong take what they want from the weak" which happens far too much in the real world to warrant a place in an escapist fantasy game. Its also why PVP/Pkers hate the idea of a PVE server because it takes the prey away from the predator.

The game itself is not broken just many of the people who play it are.

Only way to fix it is to remove the ability to behave that way, the gaming community itself cannot fix it because the "foghorn leghorns" are all the toxic players and they have a constant drumbeat of 'git gud' or "go play something else". So they drown out anyone who says anything contrary to them. That is why a large portion of XBOX players play "offline" and dont join chats or post on game forums anymore. They just want to play and be left alone.

I have been on Arsha and got killed the moment I arrived at Crescents by a group of 4 in the same guild, as I predicted the guilds are taking the server over to "own" the 50% drop increase. So don't tell me that its more respectful because its only respectful if you are in the right guild.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 2:57 PM, DaxRazor said:

Only reason why there is exp buff on arsha is because PvP happens more often.

Pve server should have -drop and exp like mentioned above. But they won't happen anyway, so nothing to discuss.

Ps. Kill stealing would quickly get crying people back on forums, crying even more

Edited by Daniel

53 minutes ago, DaxRazor said:

I think I have spent more time then most in XBDO so I can pretty confidently say you have no idea what you are talking about.

...and just like that, the rest of your post isn't worth reading. Do yourself a favour Justfaded, add this arrogant one to your ignored list, same as I did. 

On 6/20/2019 at 4:36 PM, Deathz Angel said:

No where does itsay its a pvp game , its marketed as rpg.

Marketed as a MMORPG, pvp is damn near a given in this genre. If you can't understand this,skyrim and the witcher are still good games. 

Why didn't you guys make a petition yet if there are so many people up for the idea in your opinion. Be more productive than crying on forums, it got boring reading all that bullshit after first week

1 hour ago, Jacs said:

Marketed as a MMORPG, pvp is damn near a given in this genre. If you can't understand this,skyrim and the witcher are still good games. 

Your crazy Skyrim suks and witcher is just not what i like . A good rpg would be ff15, dragons dogma, really any final fantasy game out there, guess what zero PvP thats why they are great. Wow has very well done structured PvP thats why its a giant among mmorpgs. Here is a bonus one Lost Ark its korean game making its way to the west also, beautiful mmorpg structured PvP as well, this game is going to be awesome.

3 hours ago, DaxRazor said:

I have over 100 Days played and over 1500 game hours. I have 6 characters all over the imaginary useless GS number of 420.

I think I have spent more time then most in XBDO so I can pretty confidently say you have no idea what you are talking about. I have played every aspect of the game. AFK PKs and straight up PK griefing are normal and widespread. I can safely say if you play as much as I do and as many characters up through 50 as I have and have not been killed for no reason somewhere you are full of BS.

I would add you have no idea because I guarantee you only are doing the top end content and are backed by a big guild so people leave you alone. So I say drop guild make a new character and level it up without any help from your family, you know grind it out, and see what happens.

I have stated several times that I love this game,but I think it is you who doesnt understand the "core mechanic" OWPVP is to stop people who are behaving poorly (like waiting and kill stealing larger enemies, following you around and calling you out in chat) its a line of last resort not a first reaction. Unfortunately way too many people think "might makes right" and  kill  and take spots from others because they simply can in the name of "competition".

Karma exists to prevent widespread PKing over ridiculous things like crossing over an imaginary line where some player thinks they own the area. There is no "funneling into areas" The enemy areas are massive and spawn rates are super fast. There is room for everyone if you take just the area you need and respect someone else who is already there. 

The simple fact is its not about "competition" because that implies a level playing field where skill determines outcome, BDO has a gear Gap that is too wide for fair play. So its  really about hindering and delaying weaker players because of a mentality that "the strong take what they want from the weak" which happens far too much in the real world to warrant a place in an escapist fantasy game. Its also why PVP/Pkers hate the idea of a PVE server because it takes the prey away from the predator.

The game itself is not broken just many of the people who play it are.

Only way to fix it is to remove the ability to behave that way, the gaming community itself cannot fix it because the "foghorn leghorns" are all the toxic players and they have a constant drumbeat of 'git gud' or "go play something else". So they drown out anyone who says anything contrary to them. That is why a large portion of XBOX players play "offline" and dont join chats or post on game forums anymore. They just want to play and be left alone.

I have been on Arsha and got killed the moment I arrived at Crescents by a group of 4 in the same guild, as I predicted the guilds are taking the server over to "own" the 50% drop increase. So don't tell me that its more respectful because its only respectful if you are in the right guild.

Getting characters over 50 takes one day. I leveled all 4 of the new classes to 55 for the goodies and have sorc and wizard at 56. All of that didn't take me all that much time at all. The wizard is my afk fishing alt and he hasn't been killed a single time being afk in the red zone right outside velia this entire time. I haven't been attacked a single time leveling all those classes above 50. I've only been attacked on my main because that is the one I spend all my time on and also the one where I compete for grinding spots. And even then, I've attacked other people way more than I've been attacked, which is probably less than 10 times. Every single PvP encounter I've had was a straight forward fight to take over a grinding spot, never for griefing reasons. And I'm not crazy geared and virtually all of my fights except for a few have been pretty evenly matched. My main is musa and is at 59 now and I'm grinding valencia spots. Attacked less than 10 times all the way to 59. 

Most people just play the game. They don't whine on chat about getting killed. You do see a lot of that on chat because the whiners are the ones who stick out. Nobody I've run into has taken it to server chat. I think if you are consistently one of the ones engaged in this chat drama, you are probably being targeted because people think you're annoying or something. Or you do things like run up and attack mobs that are already being farmed. 90% of the time, if it's just me and one other dude at a spot, we both try to share the rotation in an unspoken agreement that just happens out of common courtesy. Most xbox players are like this, they don't resort to automatic brawling. The fighting only happens when someone just runs up to the pack I'm farming and goes buck, or when there aren't enough to go around. 

I play on PST and I'm on at night time during the weekdays and on and off on weekends. What region and timezone are you in that you keep running into these griefers? I've seen maybe 5 red players, which means the karma system is keeping most people from repeatedly killing the same person over and over again in one session. 

You know, now that I think about it, maybe you are being attacked because you wasted a ton of time trying to gear up all your characters. I just transferred one set of gear across all my characters. I don't even remember what gear I had at 420 because I zoomed by it so fast. So you are probably one of those people taking an hour just to kill a single pack and putting a big bulls-eye on your back as an easy target. I personally ignore people like that because they barely affect my rotation but I can see how other people might kill you really quick once they get bored of grinding to try out their combos or something. 

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Only reason why there is exp buff on arsha is because PvP happens more often.

Pve server should have -drop and exp like mentioned above. But they won't happen anyway, so nothing to discuss.

Ps. Kill stealing would quickly get crying people back on forums, crying even more

1. There is no exp buff on Arsha, its a 50% item drop rate bonus. It is a PVP SERVER so more PVP, would be expected.

2. No justification

3. You want to see crying on forums, pop open the PC forums from 2016 when they raised the Karma cost for PKs from 60-120k ... now that was some crying.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Why didn't you guys make a petition yet if there are so many people up for the idea in your opinion. Be more productive than crying on forums, it got boring reading all that bullshit after first week

Nobody is asking you to read the forums and nobody here is crying at the moment as far as I can tell. A petition is a great idea if I was trying to get the City Government to change the traffic light outside my house, I am commenting on a video game that I really enjoy and would like to see some changes in.

So in your mind getting angry because someone has a difference of opinion, or just maybe trying to shout them down with posts devoid of any sense or meaningful content has more merit than what others place on the forum? Same attitude as killing lower geared players for sport; a sense of entitlement to the entire forum or game.

Another example of why I say the game is not broken, many of the players are.

--------------------------------------

Its not arrogance if you sure you are right, that is confidence. Its arrogance to assume you are right 100% of the time.

2 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

...and just like that, the rest of your post isn't worth reading. Do yourself a favour Justfaded, add this arrogant one to your ignored list, same as I did. 

Unlike any of the OWPVP is "fundamental to the core of the game" crowd on this forum I am 100% capable of admitting I was wrong, if I am proven wrong.