Sign in to follow this  
Bowe

How to improve frame rate and loading

My technical skills are low-apprentice at best. I play on an original Xbox One with a wireless connection. The game runs acceptably for me in general PVE. In cities, bosses, or world pvp with more than a handful of players, its awful. Objects do not load, I get stuck on invisible barriers, the frame rate is poor and the graphics jerk around and freeze, NPCs often look like black outlines, item icons in the CM or storage take 4-5 seconds to load. Its a mess. I would like to fix the problem as economically as possible, but am not sure which culprit to target. Is this a wireless issue, do I need an Xbox One X, both? Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a xbox x with a 250k,wired connection and have some of the problems too. The only thing I can make better would be the use of a ssd. But having a x is really got for this game. I turned of 4k settings and have no problems with framed tops.

I would advise u to use a wired connection and maybe buy a ssd.

a xbox x is only luxury. Is nice but not must to have

I’ll look into that, thanks for the advice. Not inclined to buy a One X if its not going to be a major improvement. There’s always lifeskilling...

xbox one x and don't use the 4k settings, it's a god send how much better the game still looks and it's optimization performance wise.   

if you're on your xbox a lot, then a one x is worth it anyways.

39 minutes ago, Bowe said:

My technical skills are low-apprentice at best. I play on an original Xbox One with a wireless connection. The game runs acceptably for me in general PVE. In cities, bosses, or world pvp with more than a handful of players, its awful. Objects do not load, I get stuck on invisible barriers, the frame rate is poor and the graphics jerk around and freeze, NPCs often look like black outlines, item icons in the CM or storage take 4-5 seconds to load. Its a mess. I would like to fix the problem as economically as possible, but am not sure which culprit to target. Is this a wireless issue, do I need an Xbox One X, both? Any advice would be appreciated.

I think a lot of those problems are server side. Sometimes game runs perfectly even in crowded areas and sometimes it's a slog. I see big differences in the same areas depending on whether it's primetime or early or late. Some updates make it worse, some updates make it better.

It definitely gets far worse during peak hours. In all regards.

Xbox one X - no 4k, overall effects - 0. Never had a loading screen.

Honnestly even without the 4k mode & char opti the framerate is really.. unstable on Xbox X.

I know a lot of console players don't feel it but when your used to permanent 60 fps (or even more) the gap is huge. 

And i know too that everybody is gonna tell me it must comes from my settings (like there are infinite possibilities on console x)) cause they "don't have any problem" but i saw the game running at a friend house & it's exactly the same, ofc i also saw a lot of vids on yt and live on twitch and yeah it's the same. I'm a bit upset with every new patchnote when i see nothing about it, like PA seems to think it runs smoothly x))

I'm on EU btw but i doubt it is entirely caused by servers^^

If somehow on Ps4 the framerate is better i'll move on this vers but.. i don't really believe it ːp

get your connection wired first, then get an ssd.. you'll see an improvement, but won't be on par with xbox x.. 

one of the main reasons for slow render times would be how far you're from the servers..had the game on original xbox and i just got an x and only got bdo on it, i can tell you there is a huge difference in rendering, load times, smoothness (even with 4k off) and no more invisible walls, but the connection to the servers sux so bad i still can't pvp because ppl just disappear during a fight.. however, pve wise, i'm enjoying the game more now because i don't have to wait for anything that was slow on original xbox.. 

I connected my xbox to a wireless signal extender by cable—so its wireless from main router to the extender (20 feet, one wall, no mirrors), but wired from extender to xbox. It noticeably improved performance, but still very bad. Invisible barriers don’t last as long, but they still happen. My fear is that even if I spring for a One X, the game will still be a jerky mess.

Just wrote a thread with issues regarding game play and server lag, the recent update has made it almost unplayable for me to grind PvE or any form of PvP right now. Way too much stutter / game delay during abilities and dashes, loot is also taking a few seconds to appear which is frustrating.

Im also playing on a wired optic fibre connection with an Xbox one X. Never had these issues so extremely before the update.

On 6/19/2019 at 7:57 PM, Bowe said:

In short, yes, same as BDO on PC - this game runs vastly different on all three consoles. If you want to play bdx seriously then you should upgrade to X. 

Waiting two years for bdx made me buy xbox one x over a year ago and I don't regret any penny.