Sign in to follow this  
Brookcee1

Slowly becoming unplayable..

Hi all,

I love playing this game on console and have experienced few problems since launch. However, this last update has pretty much made it impossible and extremely un-enjoyable to grind in areas with a decent amount of mobs, such as Gahaz, Fogans. The game is consistently taking between 2-4 seconds for loot to appear when killing packs of mobs, and for those who play Musa know that this is pretty much no loot grinding when speed clearing. Before the update this was a rare occurrence, maybe when the servers were extremely full on weekends.

Another issue is the terrible game / server lag I am witnessing when dashing or using my abilities in combat, the game almost always has a stutter / delay which really takes the immersion and fluidity out of the game in combat. The experience is almost night and day when compared to a grind session on my pc version. 

Having said all this, it has escalated to an almost unplayable experience to which I only wish to Lifeskill for the moment (which sucks for me as a PvP/Er), until HOPEFULLY these issues are fixed with an upcoming patch. 

Others have also expressed these issues across server chat recently, can anyone else confirm this has became an issue with the latest update? 

• Like 1

The rendering changes solved many loading wall issues but it created an issue where items get rendered after they have been looted. Also moving NPCs sometimes will render-teleport-render and you will have animation lags on abilities (my lahn blinks around all over the place in a hectic fight)

Several times my groups have experienced "ghost drops" drops that appear but cannot be interacted with. These are an artifact of the prioritization changes. 

We tested it out and our pets were working and we seemed to be getting all the loot but sometimes the loot "trail" would appear after the item was already picked up. We then tried without pets and the loot seemed to appear normally. You can try this yourself by attempting to manually pick up one of the drops (with your pets looting).

Hope this helps.

Can I ask you a side question? Why if you play the PC version are you playing the XBOX version? I would assume you have a considerable time investment in the PC version and as a PVPer would be wanting to experience PVP at the highest possible caliber to test your skills.

Well i began BDO on pc years ago, took a huge break and came back when they announced xbox, I have my PC version available to play whenever but I've been enjoying console as it's more chill than being at my desk and mouse constantly. I understand your theory on the loot situation, but without testing it I can add so far that with the loot delay I've been experiencing this week I have to stand around for a few seconds for it to appear and become lootable, same with if I dash to quickly during the delay, I would then have to return to the pile of loot as it would not have registered because of the delay. This time last week I was able to happily grind out bandits and know how much loot I would leave on the ground, there was never a delay in which I would visibly see it. 

Sorry for long paragraph, using my phone outside atm lol

On 6/22/2019 at 2:52 PM, Brookcee1 said:

Hi all,

I love playing this game on console and have experienced few problems since launch. However, this last update has pretty much made it impossible and extremely un-enjoyable to grind in areas with a decent amount of mobs, such as Gahaz, Fogans. The game is consistently taking between 2-4 seconds for loot to appear when killing packs of mobs, and for those who play Musa know that this is pretty much no loot grinding when speed clearing. Before the update this was a rare occurrence, maybe when the servers were extremely full on weekends.

Another issue is the terrible game / server lag I am witnessing when dashing or using my abilities in combat, the game almost always has a stutter / delay which really takes the immersion and fluidity out of the game in combat. The experience is almost night and day when compared to a grind session on my pc version. 

Having said all this, it has escalated to an almost unplayable experience to which I only wish to Lifeskill for the moment (which sucks for me as a PvP/Er), until HOPEFULLY these issues are fixed with an upcoming patch. 

Others have also expressed these issues across server chat recently, can anyone else confirm this has became an issue with the latest update? 

Which console do you use? What type of connection? WiFi? Wired? 

What you wrote is very vague. I run Xbox One X, lvl 60 striker farming all Valencia and I can't notice anything intense enough to call the game "unplayable". 

If you are not on One X then you may simply expecting too much from inferior hardware. It was said multiple times, it's surprising that the game even "runs" on OG xbox.

Edited by Rocketfuel77777

I've been having issues since last patch as well. Kzarka is a mess again and so laggy. The red cone of damage doesn't match his orientation. Laggy in many spots. 

I play on X Box One S. The game was iffy before the last patch, but worse now. In addition to the false ‘loot trail,’ if I eat a Balenos meal and run my arms look like chairs lol. The central market nearly always tells me it is inaccessible and to wait 6 seconds. In my case, I play on X Box instead of PC because its easier on my mouse hand, which is in constant use at work. Also better ergonomic options in my house in the living room.

On 6/22/2019 at 3:52 PM, Brookcee1 said:

Hi all,

I agree on the lag which everyone's been experiencing lately. The staff is addressing the issue tho.

Regarding pets, they will add a 5 slot on Wednesday.

Also tbf, u should mix lifeskill with pve/p for max silver income if you got the time