What about creating the olvia servers for the consoles?  That way PS4 players and new xbox players could get a big xp buff to help them catch up. Maybe even consider adding the Arsha 50% item droprate to the olvia servers to help them catch up in items too.  I think the benefits of cross platform have been laid out in other threads, but I think this fixes the big problem of xbox players advantage.

No, it doesn't. Because on Olvia you have to be below a certain level. I don't remember the cap, but I'm sure it's below 52, and anyone can easily hit that in a day. So it's a fruitless effort to catch up. The distance between Xbox and PS4 players will be gear quality/level, not character level. 

I saw this email about FFXIV crossplay and why they can't do it because of Microsoft... I assume BDX has the same issue. 

image.png.e838843be335d23f9602c1b72ad1248e.png

4 hours ago, chinu said:

I saw this email about FFXIV crossplay and why they can't do it because of Microsoft... I assume BDX has the same issue. 

image.png.e838843be335d23f9602c1b72ad1248e.png

If memory serves correct, the main reason was because MS would not allow you to play the game without subbing for xbox live, and then the game sub on top. While Sony had allowed their users to play without Plus, just the in game sub. The devs did not want to force their player base into paying 2 monthly subs. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

No, it doesn't. Because on Olvia you have to be below a certain level. I don't remember the cap, but I'm sure it's below 52, and anyone can easily hit that in a day. So it's a fruitless effort to catch up. The distance between Xbox and PS4 players will be gear quality/level, not character level. 

The cap is 58.9999 basically level 59.  I mentioned adding the arsha 50% item buff to help with the gearing issues, and could maybe even make it 100% buff on olvia servers.  Then after 30 days (Could make it 60 days for console) of of 200% xp buff to help get to level 59 also, there wouldn't be that big a difference.  Character level makes a much bigger difference then people realize.  Adding flows to existing abilities about doubles some of your awakened abilities damage.  Also the damage modifiers increase when leveling up.  It still won't be completely caught up, but I think would make it close enough to start and would level out eventually.

Edited by Pweef

45 minutes ago, Pweef said:

The cap is 58.9999 basically level 59.  I mentioned adding the arsha 50% item buff to help with the gearing issues, and could maybe even make it 100% buff on olvia servers.  Then after 30 days (Could make it 60 days for console) of of 200% xp buff to help get to level 59 also, there wouldn't be that big a difference.  Character level makes a much bigger difference then people realize.  Adding flows to existing abilities about doubles some of your awakened abilities damage.  Also the damage modifiers increase when leveling up.  It still won't be completely caught up, but I think would make it close enough to start and would level out eventually.

My mistake, it's a 30 day limit on your playtime on the server, after which you can't join anymore. 

And character level might make a difference, but a 59 with a +10 weapon is still doing nothing against someone with a TeT/Pen weapon, even if their levels are similar

I don't think the people who have the power to implement crossplay care at all about one playerbase having a level advantage. It's all corporate stuff.

Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2019 at 1:18 AM, Yiazzy said:

Its 59 so basically you can get to 59.99 on olvia servers, then you switch to another one, kill 1 mob and reach 60

Edit: maybe its 58.99 but certainly Not 52

Edited by waky

3 hours ago, waky said:

Its 59 so basically you can get to 59.99 on olvia servers, then you switch to another one, kill 1 mob and reach 60

Edit: maybe its 58.99 but certainly Not 52

Andddd I'd already been corrected and confirmed my mistake 14 hours before your post. But yes, that's right.