[CM] Simon

Status Update!

We know that we’ve been pretty quiet lately and we haven’t really been able to provide the community with any update progress, so we thought we would give you guys an idea on where we are currently at.

Recently at the Pre-PAX event for ID@Xbox, users got to experience a bit of Black Desert on Xbox. They were mostly able to get a feel for the combat and the updated UI since the build we had E3, but everything seemed to work well. There are still some things that need to be polished and the developers are working hard on making sure that everything works properly. 

We will soon be starting a few small scale tests, and over time we intend to expand the scope of the tests to include more players. This process will allow us to focus our tests on different facets of the game. By limiting the scope of our initial tests, we will be able to focus our attention on any game issues that arise. As we ramp up the size of the tests, we will be focusing on server stability.

So stay tuned for more updates!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

All sounds nice and stuff but I'd or should I say we all want to see some futage of the game being played or better than that a live stream on twitch or mixer so the community finally gets the chance to interact with the Dev's in terms of the games performance and changes but part from that thank you for at least posting this. 

Edited by Astolti

When you say soon, is it a "Soon" or actually soon? Also, will any beta stuff carry over to the full game or will we all start fresh? (I'm hoping it's the latter)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nattzz said:

When you say soon, is it a "Soon" or actually soon? Also, will any beta stuff carry over to the full game or will we all start fresh? (I'm hoping it's the latter)

Nothing will carry over from these early tests. As for the beta, I'm 98% sure nothing will carry over

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

While it's great to hear from the devs(thanks @[CM] Simon), nothing about that "update" reassures me that the game is coming anytime soon. 😐

Edited by Jammer480
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ya it seems like they like toying with the community not really greats news or update every game is gonna have flaws irregardless if they are tryin to be perfect release what they have now so people can play it not speculate ya the game can be great  imperfections happen on releases  its really mind boggling  that they keep stringin everyone along  "BETA This Fall" bs  we are 11 days away from fall and what now there are more delays lol 

Edited by Aergin Dufal
  • Like 4

Thank you Simon. Can't wait to Play the Game. I'm in Love with the PC Version since EU Release. And it will be Awesome to See and enjoy this wonderful Game on my Xbox One X!

Sorry für my "German English"... Kind of genglish 🤗  

• Like 1

Are we going to have any kind of surname/family name reservation? Possibly with founders packs? Also can we get founders packs soon as well? Maybe more $$$ gets access to the game sooner? Like these alpha/beta tests.

even buying a company from Eve Online will not help you in community management, because you do not listen to the community, you do not respect future customers of the Xbox One family You guys by far the shittiest company I've ever seen.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Kofejaba said:

even buying a company from Eve Online will not help you in community management, because you do not listen to the community, you do not respect future customers of the Xbox One family You guys by far the shittiest company I've ever seen.

Why are you even here then, go be negative somewhere else 👋

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, CubicVariable42 said:

Why are you even here then, go be negative somewhere else 👋

that's the truth You can still find out and I have the right to express my opinions, and you will not tell me what to do and where to go

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Kofejaba said:

Sounds like u really dont wanna be here

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daventry said:

Are we going to have any kind of surname/family name reservation? Possibly with founders packs? Also can we get founders packs soon as well? Maybe more $$$ gets access to the game sooner? Like these alpha/beta tests.

I have a feeing family name might be tied to our gamertags

the people who are in the forums from day 0 will have priority in the beta or the people who will be will be totally random? 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Azuki said:

Sounds like u really dont wanna be here

I would like my suggestions to help P.A to communicate with the community, which is at a very low level, will look to this forum ...
a lot of spam and multi account .. one C.m for the whole forum

.. one C.m for the whole forum

Ya. And it ist okay for the Moment. The Tests did not startet yet. There ist no need for more CM's.

This Game isnt totaly new. Look at the PC Version to Know what we will get.

So Stop Argue. It's a Game. Have fun Here. Wish you only the Best Dude. 

Let's be a little patiently. ✌️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kofejaba said:

You should add some of your ideas and thoughts here

1 hour ago, Kofejaba said:

I really don't care what they bought nor on there history and its definitely not the shittiest company but I will agree that the Community Manager is slacking so as the fact that the voice of the community is not taken in consideration, it might be taken in consideration on certain points but for most part its just ignored and that's a ice cold fact, for that just take a look at the forum, than again I do understand its a game being brought over to Xbox and it had some major rework done but the fact that there is a lack of progress of the game being shown to the community via (video/live stream) does annoy me as this would be good fuel for us the players to munch on and discuss up on but the only thing we have received are some teasers and forum posts on subjects that most don't care about, than there is the secrecy that I just don't understand. As I mentioned few months ago I'm a patient individual but that patience has its limits till it starts to die and at this stage I am loosing interest in this project faster than ever as there simply is nothing to talk nor discus up on fluff the only reason I bought the Xbox was for this game and I am starting to regret it the more days pass and I can say that with confidence I ain't the only one having this. 

I personally have decided to give this project a time limit till the end of October after that I drop it even if it may appear latter on but by that time I will have no interest in it what so ever, that's all I have to say. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Azuki said:

I have a feeing family name might be tied to our gamertags

Seems legit and kinda what u was thinking.  Would make sense.

I could see how getting the combos and UI down could be very tricky, Im super excited to jump into BDO on console. I never gave it a shot on PC and it seems to be holding its ground quite well.  I would suggest getting the combat PERFECT before release. Although its not a bad idea to start a closed beta and get some more of the average players input into what feels... fluid and right.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kofejaba said:

I would like my suggestions to help P.A to communicate with the community, which is at a very low level, will look to this forum ...
a lot of spam and multi account .. one C.m for the whole forum

Take a step back and think for 1 second. 

Why would a company spend resources on forum for a product that isnt released yet.

Also, you can register for a beta and will be notified when it starts. Which means you can carry on with your life until such notification appears.

And last, this is not a brand new game. The company does not need to indulge your needs for information because the product is out on PC. Expect the same, the rest is speculation until proved otherwise. If you're bothered with speulations I suggest to get a hobby.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1