Sign in to follow this  
NoctisCaelum

been waiting for this to come to ps4!

2 hours ago, NoctisCaelum said:

Anyone else excited?! or is it just me. i requested time off since i bought the ultimate edition! anyone else hyped?

yes, I'm with you.

Can't wait to play w/o macroses, cheats, settings which affect on dps and other PC-trash

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mary69Jane said:

yes, I'm with you.

Can't wait to play w/o macroses, cheats, settings which affect on dps and other PC-trash

Few ppl us xim, nacon ( macro ) etc... Evryting u cant exclude. 

Ive been looking forward to this game as well... but I just spent the last couple of hours reading through this forum, and Im not so sure Its worth investing the time and money this game is known to require. The vast majority of youtube reviews didn't build any confidence either.

46 minutes ago, Gameflow said:

Ive been looking forward to this game as well... but I just spent the last couple of hours reading through this forum, and Im not so sure Its worth investing the time and money this game is known to require. The vast majority of youtube reviews didn't build any confidence either.

You can take this game casually and still have a great time regardless. I wouldn't base your judgement solely on the forums and youtubers. Generally both platforms provide a way for players to release their aggravations with the game, so you end up seeing mostly negative feedback.

I've had two completely different experiences on Black Desert and I found both extremely pleasant. I played casually on pc without ever interacting with other players and with all the stuff to learn and do I had great time. Then on xbox I took a more competitive approach where I'm now in a top siege guild and very social. I personally find the game fantastic and plan to keep playing long term. Feel free to ask any questions and I can answer them from either stand point. 

• Like 2

This game is really what you make of it. Personally, I played PC on and off from Oct 2016. I always regretted not being there at launch as I was always playing catch-up to the strongest people. Considering how much time and enjoyment this game brought me during that time, the amount of money I did spend seems well worth it even though I'm starting fresh on PS4.

On 7/13/2019 at 10:14 PM, NoctisCaelum said:

Anyone else excited?! or is it just me. i requested time off since i bought the ultimate edition! anyone else hyped?

I’m right there with ya man! I got the ultimate edition and have been watching Twitch players like Choice and Big Sacha and a couple others. I haven’t played this game but this next month is moving at a snails pace now lol

15 hours ago, Wiitchcraft said:

You can take this game casually and still have a great time regardless. I wouldn't base your judgement solely on the forums and youtubers. Generally both platforms provide a way for players to release their aggravations with the game, so you end up seeing mostly negative feedback.

I've had two completely different experiences on Black Desert and I found both extremely pleasant. I played casually on pc without ever interacting with other players and with all the stuff to learn and do I had great time. Then on xbox I took a more competitive approach where I'm now in a top siege guild and very social. I personally find the game fantastic and plan to keep playing long term. Feel free to ask any questions and I can answer them from either stand point. 

Hey thanks for looking out. Here are the concerns I came across.

End game - Ive seen way too many posts and vids from veteran players who put years into BDO saying it wasnt worth it cause of the state of end game. That its basically nonexistent, shallow, thats a bit scary to me. Some vets describe the game as a jack of all trades but a master of none.

P2W - Worst thing I've seen regarding this topic was simply put in this manner:

Gear>Class>Skill.

A bit hard to believe considering how nice the combat looks in BDO, but its worrying because they placed skill last. Along with this comes the amount of things I should consider purchasing in order to be an efficient player... from suits to pets to all kinds of things.

Balancing - I came across a few topics regarding balance, and how its still a worry in regards to how much is applied. For example: I read that Valkyries last balance was devastating, to the point where a lot of people who mained her felt they had to switch. After all the years the game has been out, balancing shouldn't be so hard.. unless people are exaggerating.. I honestly wouldn't know for sure.

RNG - Ive read that the RNG system rivals most, if not all other mmo games, and it gets even worse toward end game. I read comments that people would rather pull out the wallet and go through the market rather than dealing with rng.

Grind - Is another popular topic.

Pearl Abyss has a bad rep as far as I've read.

Some of the negatives on PC wont exist on console unles the game is cross platform. Like players who gang up on new people, taking turns killing to split the karma loss...  I dont play like that, and if its not cross platform it wont be a worry. But it was a highlight on the PC side, apparently.

These are pretty much the reasons why 9 out of 10 PSN friends I have are steering away from BDO. I get it though, i know how MMO's work. All of the above are found in every MMO game, it's just how it is. I just keep coming across these subjects so often.. it kinna raises concern.. like do I really wanna get into all this? I honestly wish I came across more positive reviews. Im not trying to be casual, I like my gaming. I have about 4k hrs in Warframe, and I've been at a point where its just upkeep for me, not much to do there. So I would be putting a considerable amount of time in BDO if I got into it.

I like this game, from the looks of it. The fast pace combat is the highlight for me, and it seems interesting. The world looks beautiful..  I know I'll get hooke in the beginning, I just dont wanna end up like some of the vets 3-4 years from now regretting ever getting into it.

Now that I've completedy novel, I suppose my question is: Is it really that crazy? Is end game that bad? and rng, and the grind, to the point where people who have invested years in playing are walking away?

Warframe has its downsides, and plenty of em, but the content is good, and it keeps evolving. Walking away from it after all these years would take... things would have to be really messed up.

K im wrapping this up. My apologies for the long post, thank you for reading.

1 hour ago, Gameflow said:

Hey thanks for looking out. Here are the concerns I came across.

End game - Ive seen way too many posts and vids from veteran players who put years into BDO saying it wasnt worth it cause of the state of end game. That its basically nonexistent, shallow, thats a bit scary to me. Some vets describe the game as a jack of all trades but a master of none.

P2W - Worst thing I've seen regarding this topic was simply put in this manner:

Gear>Class>Skill.

A bit hard to believe considering how nice the combat looks in BDO, but its worrying because they placed skill last. Along with this comes the amount of things I should consider purchasing in order to be an efficient player... from suits to pets to all kinds of things.

Balancing - I came across a few topics regarding balance, and how its still a worry in regards to how much is applied. For example: I read that Valkyries last balance was devastating, to the point where a lot of people who mained her felt they had to switch. After all the years the game has been out, balancing shouldn't be so hard.. unless people are exaggerating.. I honestly wouldn't know for sure.

RNG - Ive read that the RNG system rivals most, if not all other mmo games, and it gets even worse toward end game. I read comments that people would rather pull out the wallet and go through the market rather than dealing with rng.

Grind - Is another popular topic.

Pearl Abyss has a bad rep as far as I've read.

Some of the negatives on PC wont exist on console unles the game is cross platform. Like players who gang up on new people, taking turns killing to split the karma loss...  I dont play like that, and if its not cross platform it wont be a worry. But it was a highlight on the PC side, apparently.

These are pretty much the reasons why 9 out of 10 PSN friends I have are steering away from BDO. I get it though, i know how MMO's work. All of the above are found in every MMO game, it's just how it is. I just keep coming across these subjects so often.. it kinna raises concern.. like do I really wanna get into all this? I honestly wish I came across more positive reviews. Im not trying to be casual, I like my gaming. I have about 4k hrs in Warframe, and I've been at a point where its just upkeep for me, not much to do there. So I would be putting a considerable amount of time in BDO if I got into it.

I like this game, from the looks of it. The fast pace combat is the highlight for me, and it seems interesting. The world looks beautiful..  I know I'll get hooke in the beginning, I just dont wanna end up like some of the vets 3-4 years from now regretting ever getting into it.

Now that I've completedy novel, I suppose my question is: Is it really that crazy? Is end game that bad? and rng, and the grind, to the point where people who have invested years in playing are walking away?

Warframe has its downsides, and plenty of em, but the content is good, and it keeps evolving. Walking away from it after all these years would take... things would have to be really messed up.

K im wrapping this up. My apologies for the long post, thank you for reading.

Its no problem, I'll answer as honestly as I can.

End Game: End game is there PvP wise, but PvE wise its relatively non existent aside from a few grind spots that you may need a group for to do efficiently. PvP wise, Node Wars and Siege Wars are all the real End Game content. On PC Siege Wars are still going pretty strong, on Xbox its rather lacking since theres maybe 4 or 5 guilds capable of competing which I'm hoping changes soon. No idea how well it'll work on PS4, a lot of that is going to be based off of how the population is, which I assume should be pretty high as I've always felt console MMO's have done way better over there.

P2W - Its there in a way, especially with how quickly the updates are getting thrown out. Its more of a pay for convenience which wouldn't really be an issue because you can only progress so far until the next update so all the people paying are just jumping ahead but then get capped at progressing from there which everyone catches up. However with the constant updates that makes it significantly harder, but honestly, I've found that to not really matter. You might run into a few people paying loads to get ahead but the average player base isn't so its not too much of an issue on that front. That being said, you'll want to look into spending about $40 - $60 a week if you intend to stay on top, which will be spent on outfits to turn into Cron stones and Artisan Memories to upgrade your boss gear. You could get away with spending less for sure though if you play smart, I still feel you are looking to spend a little every week to stay competitive. If you play casually, it wont really matter at all, you still might need to spend a bit here and there but you wont be buying/upgrading boss gear weekly.

Gear, Class, and Skill. Skill and Class knowledge play a huge part on an even playing field at end game, early game gear matters more. End game the damage you put out if you catch someone can 1 combo, so if you don't know your class you'll get caught in unprotected moves more often which will get you killed more than your gear can save you. Early game, you can out survive people if you have better gear easily, but you still know your class and have gear to do well. If you don't know your class or have enough skill fights will last longer. So, I wouldn't really rate it like Gear > Class > Skill, I'd say maybe individually. I think its more Class + Skill > Gear, you can always get more gear.

Balancing is tough, and it is certainly an issue, but then it is in many games. What a lot of people don't realize though, is some classes become more relevant after reaching different AP/DP brackets. Early game your notice a lot of Rangers and Beserkers will seem very over powered and crazy good, but once everyone gets to higher AP/DP and awakenings they fall off a bit and then become monsters with much higher AP again. What it comes down to though, is if you are playing a class you love to play the balance doesn't really matter, it might for a couple months but if you stick with it everything will be fine.

RNG is what this game runs on. It can be infuriating and it makes lots of people quit or take long breaks, its good to know that before going in. Paying doesn't really get your around the RNG either, makes some things easier, but you never escape it.

Grinding is the other half of what this game runs on. MMO's in my opinion are supposed to be extra grindy though. But yeah everything you do will be a sort of grind, you mentioned Warframe, I found both to be pretty similar with the grinding required to do well in both games. At least Black Desert has AFK activities you can do if you need a break though.

Black Desert is a huge time investment for sure. The combat is great and better than a lot of casual players give it credit for. You really need to learn what skills you have that have Super Armor, I Frames, Frontal Guards, etc, and what kind of CC you are doing to an opponent, like is it a Stiffen, Knockdown, etc. Its really deep, and takes a lot of studying to do well, it reminds me more of Fighting Games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc, than other MMO's I've played.

Hopefully this answered some of your questions, I can elaborate more on certain points or answer other questions too. I just like talking about Black Desert tbh. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gameflow said:

These are pretty much the reasons why 9 out of 10 PSN friends I have are steering away from BDO...

I can fully understand you and agree. Almost all of my PSN and XBL friends stay away from BDO, because of your mentioned reasons and the forced PvP.  Personally, I only play PvE like questing, trading, crafting, life skilling and more. For me it is absolutely possible without any disadvantages not doing PvP. But my friends do not even trying it :( 

• Like 1

In all honesty, even on PC, as long as you steer clear of the Sausans Area in Mediah, or the Ogres/manshas in Calpheon Area ( and probably Gahaz/Fogans nowadays in valencia (to stop at what content you have )), you are generally clear of risking PK.

There is rarelly enough people to  cover all the spawns areas in all the others leveling places, If i just think on the situation on PC for Kamasylvia, you have the Ronaros and the Manshaums that have the same AP requirements for exemple.

Manshaums are overfarmed (so you have higher chances of ending pvping there) cause historically they were easier to farm( during a long time ) comparatively to Ronaros Centaurs and had better loots.

That has changed since a few patches.

But manshaums spots are still more populated player wise than Ronaros.

My point is, to be more clear : BDO is Vast, especially starting with the content you have now. There is now largely enough farming spots for someone who wants to avoid pvp entirely. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 9:06 AM, Amrael said:

In all honesty, even on PC, as long as you steer clear of the Sausans Area in Mediah,  

Ah the Sausages, where everyone goes to measure their sausages. Good times good times.