HunterX

Your Top 5 Things In BD

On 10/4/2018 at 2:43 PM, BigSarge said:

1. Learning the game mechanics and seeing all the gorgeous graphics on my XB1X on my 4k tv.

2. Meeting new people in game and exploring with them.

3.  Getting my wife to play to so we can have fun in a game together again

4. Wrecking people in pvp.  / Getting wrecked by others in pvp

5.  Fishing!

I always saw a lot of people fishing, is it profitable?  

I just want to uprade my skillz. and my skills.

But really, I have no idea. I should probably figure that out, I know for sure I have to pick a good way to get some cash, I don't want to be left behind by having shitty gear.

10 hours ago, HunterX said:

I would say it is definitely a helpful thing in this game from what I have seen.

10 hours ago, HunterX said:

Active fishing is more profitable than AFK fishing,but lot more work of course.As soon as you can buy or make a fishing boat and head out to where the valueable fish spawn 

• Like 1

Seriously just 5? I want to do it all. 

1 chacter creation...and alts are a must.

2. Exploratin by land and sea.

3. Gathering and life skils

4.homes and decorating

5. Collecting and buying cool gear  for my characters

• Like 1

I don't have a list of 5 but I do have one specific thing I'm looking forward to. I'm looking forward to coming into the Xbox launch with a very specific plan in place. I know exactly what nodes and what order I want to buy them in. I have a leveling plan in place. I know what type or workers I want.......and more importantly I know what I don't want waste my time on.

The pc I came in as a complete no on and quickly fell behind, this time that won't happen!

6 minutes ago, Darthaden said:

I don't have a list of 5 but I do have one specific thing I'm looking forward to. I'm looking forward to coming into the Xbox launch with a very specific plan in place. I know exactly what nodes and what order I want to buy them in. I have a leveling plan in place. I know what type or workers I want.......and more importantly I know what I don't want waste my time on.

The pc I came in as a complete no on and quickly fell behind, this time that won't happen!

I’m the same Darth.Even though I’m a complete noobie I’ve had months to soak in every bit of knowledge that I could.I know what life skills I’m going to be investing in and I’m going to build my worker empire from the ground up to support that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

I’m the same Darth.Even though I’m a complete noobie I’ve had months to soak in every bit of knowledge that I could.I know what life skills I’m going to be investing in and I’m going to build my worker empire from the ground up to support that. 

And the great thing about black desert is the nodes you plan on investing in could be 100% different then mine but still just as good, it all depends on what you plan to do. 

1. Fishing / Cooking

2. Character Creation

3. Housing

4. Questing

5. Combat

Played on PC til about level 23 but honestly played like other MMOs had no idea what I was doing. This time around I will enjoy it much much more with understanding.

Edited by Daventry

14 minutes ago, Knisheffy said:

1.P2W

2.No content added for 2 years now

3. Gear>Everything else

4. Lies

5. I guess pvp is fun till everyone quits.

If you are having issues with the PC version, please keep it there. This is for discussion about the Xbox version of the game. 

Just while we are here, what would you consider content? From my perspective new regions, classes, and world bosses would be considered content, but I was wondering what you think.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, [CM] Simon said:

If you are having issues with the PC version, please keep it there. This is for discussion about the Xbox version of the game. 

Just while we are here, what would you consider content? From my perspective new regions, classes, and world bosses would be considered content, but I was wondering what you think.

I thought xbox version of the game is not a stand alone product its PA porting their PC version.

Content is something that keeps you playing the game and having fun.  New maps all though pretty provide 30 h of exploration and grind spots that are useless untill they get revamped for the 1st time. Process of making a new map expansion takes up to 6 months for KR region then they need to translate it meaning we get 30hours of content for 8-12 months of development.

New classes crumble the already fragile balance and the main purpose behind their release is even more disgusting.

World bosses take under 1 minute to kill up to 6 times a day so 6min of 'content' also once your recieve the boss gear from certain boss you most likely wont go there anymore.

Meanwhile there is tons of old abandoned PVE/PVP  game modes like red battlefield, 1v1 arena or savage rift that turned out ot be a complete failiure and recieved no further updates. While in reality they could be fixed to easily become the best thing the game has to offer in under a week of development.

Lets not derail the thread tho. Im down to discuss this in pms.

Edited by Knisheffy

1 hour ago, Knisheffy said:

Content is something that keeps you playing the game and having fun.

ohDKCIO.jpg.9a4a438a96b89030f10b2a8342303524.jpg

Fun is a subjective term. Someone might find fishing all day long fun, someone else might find raids fun.

You see, content is content no matter how you present it in your own view.

Sure PA isn't perfect and there are things they need to fix. Whilst that's true, it dosn't mean that PA didn't create an outstanding product with visuals that you can't find anywhere else and a lot more. In fact, if those supposed issues would have been taken care of, BD could have been easily called the greatest MMORPG ever.

Now, we are not even sure what are we going to get on this console version and you're already spreading toxicity unto new players who never even played the game. 

I would suggest being more open minded and save your criticism after the full release. I understand that we are after all consumers who want the best product for our money. Let's do it the smart way.

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

ohDKCIO.jpg.9a4a438a96b89030f10b2a8342303524.jpg

Fun is a subjective term. Someone might find fishing all day long fun, someone else might find raids fun.

You see, content is content no matter how you present it in your own view.

Sure PA isn't perfect and there are things they need to fix. Whilst that's true, it dosn't mean that PA didn't create an outstanding product with visuals that you can't find anywhere else and a lot more. In fact, if those supposed issues would have been taken care of, BD could have been easily called the greatest MMORPG ever.

Now, we are not even sure what are we going to get on this console version and you're already spreading toxicity unto new players who never even played the game. 

I would suggest being more open minded and save your criticism after the full release. I understand that we are after all consumers who want the best product for our money. Let's do it the smart way.

A smart way of judging the game pre-launch is looking into the developers previous decisions. :)    You are in the so called bless loop. It didnt work last time but it will this time coz im buying it.

Game is great untill they run out of the initial content which will be gated behind pointless release schedule.

Edited by Knisheffy

4 hours ago, [CM] Simon said:

im sensing a "tone" simon. we mustnt talk down to other users discouraging them from contributing to the community even if they post something that isnt seen as favorable ;).

Edited by numnutz2005

5 hours ago, [CM] Simon said:

Those are part of what I would count as content. I think a large majority is also probably going to be updates that affect QoL things like that make players life's easier. Those are priority things also. Getting to thing that other versions have, like the auction house and other things are a huge focused point for me.

18 minutes ago, numnutz2005 said:

im sensing a "tone" simon. we mustnt talk down to other users discouraging them from contributing to the community even if they post something that isnt seen as favorable ;).

Simon's question was valid. Not sure what you're meaning...

13 minutes ago, xCROv said:

Those are part of what I would count as content. I think a large majority is also probably going to be updates that affect QoL things like that make players life's easier. Those are priority things also. Getting to thing that other versions have, like the auction house and other things are a huge focused point for me.

Simon's question was valid. Not sure what you're meaning...

i agree that its a valid question and that the things he listed are content. no one thinks those things arent content. my comment was about the way it was said and i clearly mentioned the tone used in the reply and pointed out that it was asked in a "smart ass" way. he could have asked what the user considers content and leave it at that but instead he points out the obvious list of things everyone that has ever played a videogame in their life sees as content as if to make the original poster feel slightly more moronic for even mentioning "No content added for 2 years no" in his list. its very passive aggressive towards a community members and mods should be held to the same standards (if not higher) that the normal users of the site since they are supposed to be the law enforcers around here.

i hope this clears up any confusion my post might have caused. if not feel free to message me privately to discuss so we dont clog up these fine threads with off topic discussions.

Edited by numnutz2005

1. Knowledge hunting, including the ecology grind, especially :)

2. New main quest line paths in the early game on BDX

3. Costume collecting (I have a problem)

4. Reward for time investment, imo BDO is a game that super highly rewards using your time wisely, and the more time you put in, the better you get

5. Red Battlefield. While I wish that the rewards were a little more enticing, RBF can be a really good time

• Like 2

On 9/14/2018 at 4:09 AM, Dr INF3NRO said:

1. Buy a bunch of cash items that are actually IMPORTANT AF and maybe a founders pack.

2. Main story

3. Alts baby

4. Gain ALL THE KNOWLEDGE

5. Lifeskill until I want to die. 

Spoiler alert: I already do 👌

What bonus does having alts do? I heard there's incentive but didn't know what.

1 hour ago, Daventry said:

What bonus does having alts do? I heard there's incentive but didn't know what.

Couple of things actually.One of the biggest resource to you as a player is your energy pool.Even though your energy is shared across all your characters,each character has their own.So if you run out of energy on one character like rolling for workers you can switch to another.Another big reason to have a lot of alts is failstacking.I won’t go into  detail about that here cause I don’t want to write a paragraph but I highly recommend you watch a video or two on it.