Sign in to follow this  
Diaconov

Cross-Platform with Xbox

Is there any future plan for this?, this idea could have many benefits, i have a fried that actually has an xbox and he said that could be great if he can play with his ps4 friends that doesn't have an xbox, also this can make the community a lot bigger, having both console playing along the same servers makes a bigger community, bigger community means more fun, more fun there is more competition, so that means more money and every one is happy, gamers are happy, the company is happy.

Any thoughts about this?

I think also, it will never happen.

Not, because it is not technically possible. I think, it will not happen, because Cross-Plattform also means, the game must get an overarching account management to play together. All Cross-Play titles I know, have the same account management for all plattform and you can play with your account wherever you want. This means, all XBox players could use their existing account with characters, items, pearls, loyality, plus membership ....... and play on the PS4, without paying again and any restrictions. I doubt, that PA will ever do this 😉

Also, PS4 ist starting now with own account management and the question later would be, how to merge all accounts together if someone is playing on both plattforms? Therefore, I think Cross-Play for Black Desert will never happen.

I think it might actually happen, but... On the next generation of consoles. I'm pretty sure that we will slowly catch-up to the Xbox updates, as it will be way easier for devs to release the same updates on both consoles at the same time. People will probably catch up in terms of levels quite quickly to each other, as even on the PC we can see that there are new catch-up mechanics introduced every now and then. 530% exp coupons or questing rework which recently allowed a lot of players to easily reach level 61. Overall wealth might be a bit trickier.

So, yeah. We have probably another 1,5-2 years until the next generation so there's a lot of time for both consoles' players to get to the similiar level of progress. And as I'm pretty sure that the next-gen will be heavily focused around supporting social functionalities, crossplay might get even more popular than it is now. And if that happens, Pearl Abyss should take that chance. Because even if BDO is going to be popular around the release, it's still a rather hardcore grinding mmorpg at it's core. Some of us like it, but most of the console community will not. Having two separate console games with low population won't be good for all of us in the long run.

They have stated and tweeted that it will never happen. It would be really cool to see though.

Posted (edited)

Not sure why you'd want to submit a completely new player base and platform to an existing community in a game like Black Desert. Maybe crossplay is the "cool" thing to ask for. Try asking for crossplay for FFXIV so that Xbox can finally get it.

having both console playing along the same servers makes a bigger community, bigger community means more fun, more fun there is more competition, so that means more money and every one is happy, gamers are happy, the company is happy.

It doesn't magically mean all that in this kind of game. Competition is another pretty and cool word but most people don't want to constantly compete for their grind spots(PVE or harvesting) or to have their markets full of people trying to undercut prices. Stick with games like Dauntless or Fortnite where it's just 5-10min of competition before the game resets with little to no progression.

Edited by SoloTyrant

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the future. After everything settles and the population dies a bit it could be really good for the game but it would also ruin in if implemented too early.

There are a lot of limiting factors to cross platform, if it'd not planned in advance its hard to add in as an afterthought. 

Think of family names, character names, guild names alone and trying to find out who gets what and why. 

That's just a really basic example of why it's highly unlikely for BDO as a whole, if they do instances PvP that could potentially offer a way to have cross platform aspects like Shadow Arena as you could add a generic number to duplicate names for the period they were instanced.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for it happening though overall for much more technical reasons that just names. 

I don't understand that... shared website, shared forum, shared discord, yet no crossplay. Then advertising PS4 version on Xbox One community? Wherever you look you see PA cheering about PS4 release, forgetting about Xbox Kamasylvia which was announced for 1st half of 2019, then we got news from community managers that there is slight delay. We heard it's gonna come early in July. It's August now and we have PS4 beta comming soon, that's for sure, yet what about Xbox version? I understand it's off-topic a bit, yet still connected somehow.

18 minutes ago, Apo said:

I don't understand that... shared website, shared forum, shared discord, yet no crossplay. Then advertising PS4 version on Xbox One community? Wherever you look you see PA cheering about PS4 release, forgetting about Xbox Kamasylvia which was announced for 1st half of 2019, then we got news from community managers that there is slight delay. We heard it's gonna come early in July. It's August now and we have PS4 beta comming soon, that's for sure, yet what about Xbox version? I understand it's off-topic a bit, yet still connected somehow.

PA goes for equal game version on PS4 and Xbox at some point. Therefore the website and forums changes. Content will be rolled out quicker for those  on PS4 so I assume that somewhere in 2020 both ps4 and xbox one will get together. Consider website and forums changes as the beginning. 

As for Kama.. it's not forgotten. They have clearly stated last stream that due to nature of the region which have rich particle design they are having optimization problems and need to cut down on the visual fidelity there to make sure the game performs well. They said that at this point it's constant stutter and wall hitting during venturing through Kama. In other words, Kama isn't technically ready yet. I personally give them credit for being transparent on this subject. 

On 8/1/2019 at 12:39 PM, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Soon is an official PA trademark.. 

It means that Kama will be announced between tomorrow and Monday. 

IMG_20190803_114701.thumb.jpg.21988631404b47a6a13be9e0077f0b63.jpg

On 8/1/2019 at 4:40 AM, Apo said:

Why they create a serperate website or forum for the same game? The information for each platform can be clearly labeled on a single website and forums can have sub-forums to discuss different matters, even differing platforms. Isn't this the case for all games that are multiplat? Square Enix just has forums for their games and divide that by platforms. Bethedsa doesn't have mulitple websites just for their games on PC, Xbox, and PS4. Grinding Gears Games doesn't have seperate forums for Path of Exile even though they don't have crossplay at all. Game publishers create websites that support the game they made and add platforms as needed. What I don't get is how years of common practices suddenly become forgotten when when people demand for crossplay in the newest releases. 

PA didn't forget Xbox. Just read the news releases. However, that doesn't mean news for each platform is a 1 to 1 thing. Sometimes new news about PS4 could come when there isn't any new news about Xbox or PC. Those moments don't mean the other platforms have been forgotten about

Ps4 and Xbox have a separate system. There are too many differences between pc and console. Is it a character game, menu, dropping etc. Everything is more or less different.Tips from pc not always work and other meta Game/ price and ofcors ps4 and Xbox have other developer state u know how look work with playstation and Xbox