Sign in to follow this  
OKAYIGETITNOW

Node War Lagfest

The state of node wars has deteriorated rapidly over the last month or so. It's literally unplayable in its current state & that's only with 30/40 man wars. 

Constant freezes and lag that pulls you back 10 feet when moving. Enemy players not visible on the screen until you're dead. 30-50 second loading screens after respawn. Basically a complete mess and slowly becoming totally unplayable. I've not even experienced what Siege is like but I would imagine it's a complete s**t show. 

Even same scale PvP & 1v1 is a joke. SA is pretty much useless as it's RNG whether you are desynced or not. Grabs have the same issue and often fail because of desync. The only reliable form of cc is area attacks that provide knockdown/stun.

I'm not sure what kind of crap servers PA are hosting this game with but they really need to up their game & start investing some money into this ongoing issue. Theres nothing that kills a game faster than having one of the main elements becoming unplayable due to sync & lag issues.

• Like 1

I would love some fixes for the overall lag and desync. The battle arena is somehow even worse than the heidel arena. I can't explain how many NWs and SWs my guild has done where we just walk straight into barricades to forts or the enemy ball. Its horrible and seems to have gotten worse the last month, I find it hard to even ride my horse through Mediah without experiencing lag.

• Like 1

I've been noticing general stability going down as well. I mainly 1v1 and along with the occasional lag/rubber banding, varies from person to person but some days are terrible, there has been an increase in stuttering at all times. Not good to have your screen freeze for even a half second mid fight. If I happen to use any skills that dash during this moment, it'll throw me way farther than I should ever be allowed to. This also happens often when traveling.

23 minutes ago, Kruber said:

I've been noticing general stability going down as well. I mainly 1v1 and along with the occasional lag/rubber banding, varies from person to person but some days are terrible, there has been an increase in stuttering at all times. Not good to have your screen freeze for even a half second mid fight. If I happen to use any skills that dash during this moment, it'll throw me way farther than I should ever be allowed to. This also happens often when traveling.

It works the opposite for me I actually get pulled back the way like the game isn't processing what I'm seeing on the screen in time. Happens all the time at Karanda when I'm trying to get out of the red circle and it happens in node wars when I'm trying to move out of the enemy blob. Sometimes I die due to this or if I'm lucky I'll get away with very low hp.

36 minutes ago, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

It works the opposite for me I actually get pulled back the way like the game isn't processing what I'm seeing on the screen in time. Happens all the time at Karanda when I'm trying to get out of the red circle and it happens in node wars when I'm trying to move out of the enemy blob. Sometimes I die due to this or if I'm lucky I'll get away with very low hp.

This happens to me at Karanda as well. It'll sometimes rubber band (pull me back) rapidly when I need to run from her close range AoE. But strangely enough I often take no damage even though I'm stuck in the circle of doom. Gives me mixed feelings. I didn't die, yay! But the game was breaking, boo!

I was going suggest maybe try wired connection instead of wireless,  not saying it will be better but maybe a try if you haven't already.

Here's the thing as more and more content come out the more worse its gona lag and desync. Let's face it a game of this size was never gona do well. It's far to big and far to much going on for the xbox to handle.

Maybe it's just time we all put this game down and move on to bigger and better things.... the games dead.... let it sleep.

4 hours ago, RemovePVP said:

Here's the thing as more and more content come out the more worse its gona lag and desync. Let's face it a game of this size was never gona do well. It's far to big and far to much going on for the xbox to handle.

Maybe it's just time we all put this game down and move on to bigger and better things.... the games dead.... let it sleep.

Yes I think that's part of the problem. The Xbox most likely can't handle it and also the servers that it's hosted on aren't good enough for an MMO that has such a big focus on PvP. Every update brings more problems and I think Kama will really put a strain on the existing problems and become even worse & probably unplayable for people not using the one X. That's not to say they can't fix it. I'm sure if they hosted it on better servers with higher tick rates that would be a massive help. They could also look at making zones instanced and have a loading screen when you cross from each region to region. Not very mmo like but if it helps I would much rather have that than what we currently have.

On 8/10/2019 at 3:29 PM, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

Yes I think that's part of the problem. The Xbox most likely can't handle it and also the servers that it's hosted on aren't good enough for an MMO that has such a big focus on PvP. Every update brings more problems and I think Kama will really put a strain on the existing problems and become even worse & probably unplayable for people not using the one X. That's not to say they can't fix it. I'm sure if they hosted it on better servers with higher tick rates that would be a massive help. They could also look at making zones instanced and have a loading screen when you cross from each region to region. Not very mmo like but if it helps I would much rather have that than what we currently have.

Sad thing is they had the same problems with servers since launch on US servers on pc, they did nothing for two years. 

Also the game is lagging even on Xbox one X. That is s pure joke, since box launch they haven't focused on any of the issues. All updates made the game worse. I realise that each known issues note has been only expanding solved issues keep poppin up on the list again.

And that's only game focused issues, what they are doin with classes is absolutely insane. No class balance at all either. 

I would say, with today's kama update the game will break. It is pretty much falling apart even now, unplayable be, wb.