Sign in to follow this  
UndeadBeanie

PS4 Feedback

Loving the game so far, but, the game has performance issues on the original PS4. Characters not loading properly in cut scenes, general lag when there's a lot of particles, i.e. fighting 5+ monsters tends to drop frames, the game stutters a lot. I understand it's a beta and that problems are to be expected, just thought you'd appreciate the feedback. I noticed a few grammatical errors too. Obviously none of this is game breaking but if these problems are still there at launch I most likely won't be buying the game. My guess is the engine isn't optimized yet, because my PS4 runs Red Dead 2 and GR Wildlands exceptionally well. If the game is launched and it runs smoother I'll definitely buy the game!

Slow loading textures/pop has even on PC for years now. It will be something you get used to before it ever gets faster.
How does RDR2 enemy volume and particle effects compare to BDO though? I remember a shootout at the swamp mansion with the entire camp that still had problems with FOV and fps in a offline, single player game. Of course, on PS4 there's no frame counter so saying some frames dropped is just speculative.

I play this game on PC too and find the the performance on par with high-medium settings and equal to other MMOs on PS4. 

On 8/11/2019 at 6:23 PM, SoloTyrant said:

Slow loading textures/pop has even on PC for years now. It will be something you get used to before it ever gets faster.
How does RDR2 enemy volume and particle effects compare to BDO though? I remember a shootout at the swamp mansion with the entire camp that still had problems with FOV and fps in a offline, single player game. Of course, on PS4 there's no frame counter so saying some frames dropped is just speculative.

I play this game on PC too and find the the performance on par with high-medium settings and equal to other MMOs on PS4. 

Ahh fair enough. I've played enough games on PC to know when frames drop, it's not a massive deal.

I wasn't meaning to compare the two games, some people said that RDR2 ran like crap on the original PS4. It's quite a resource intensive game, considering the graphics, if it were played on a PC you'd need a very high end gpu. Where as, I'm guessing the GPU requirement for this game wouldn't be as much. Hypethetically speaking of course, we'll probably never know.

The slow loading textures, how comes that's never been fixed? I get that there's limitations in the engine, but it's very un-immersive..

If you're immersed then you are going to adjust. 
I play the game in both potato mode and remastered mode. The poor visuals of potato mode don't remove my immersion in the game world. But I've been playing MMOs since WoW and let my imagination and use the term immersion to mean I am enthralled in the stories and actions in the game world, not that the performance or graphics are super pretty. The latter is way more common know. I don't think I've seen anyone nitpick video game story lore or continuity in a decade.

Edited by SoloTyrant

The biggest problem that I saw was that spell effects were completely invisible...especially in larger scale fights. In RBF it was the most apparent as I could see characters moving and doing animations, but there was literally nothing on my screen. This is a huge problem especially with node wars to be coming in the future. Getting knocked over or damaged by something completely invisible is not fun. I did try running the game at 4K...but it was such a huge performance hit that I had to disable it. 

I have a PS4 Pro

• Like 1

Yeh I play a wizard and also on pc - in rbf I killed a lot of people with a meteor then blizzard and it was kinda obvious they had no idea they were standing in a giant aoe spell that lasted 3-4 sec 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 10:15 AM, ChrisJ said:

Yeh I play a wizard and also on pc - in rbf I killed a lot of people with a meteor then blizzard and it was kinda obvious they had no idea they were standing in a giant aoe spell that lasted 3-4 sec 

Yup. I sincerely hope that this was just a "that version" bug and doesn't carry over into release. I also noted the same complete lack of spell graphics when fighting a wiz in the calph arena 1v1. *fingers crossed*