Dr INF3NRO

Opinion - ps4 day one content

Opinion - day 1 ps4 content  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion on the content ps4 is getting vs what xbox had day 1

• Xbox is testing ground for PA to release more polished updates on other consoles
    • PlayStation owners are statistically more experienced in BlackDesert then xbox owners, thus having more advanced updates

Hi guys,

So today im pondering about a tough question.

If you haven't heard, PlayStation will be getting the mediah expansion, TRI enhancing and no lvl cap upon release.

I'm not sure what else will be included in the release but it sure is a lot different from the vanilla version we had in the beginning with calpheon being the most difficult region, lvl 55 (if i recall correctly) max lvl and +15 enhancing.

So, here's the question on my mind - why on earth isnt the release for the 2 consoles the same?

We were fed many times that the devs want to control players growth (mainly due to ex PC players) so that everyone will be on equal grounds for future updates, avoiding a massive imbalance between the 2 groups.

In my personal view, xbox is simply a testing ground for any future update PlayStation will receive and we should expect to see them on par with our own update in a short time while we were waiting painfully for certain updates for months to come. Thus dumping all our time by gated progress due to an inexperienced development team who wasn't able to meet content deadlines delivered to us by our CMs.

Its an insult to my time and all of the other players as well.

Another perspective would be that PA is robbing the PlayStation player base the vanilla experience that we got to enjoy (although I'd rather make progress and not be stuck on the same gs for weeks cause updates.) And also creating a massive imbalance between PC veterans and newbies which in turn will scare them away and damage the playerbase.

So in short, no more "control progress" bullsh*t on xbox. Get the devs team working days and nights on releasing all the content we're missing up to Kamasylvia (alchemy stones, margoria etc). The Xbox playerbase has been milked plenty $$$ and now you're redirecting manpower to another console. This shouldn't happen and its disrespectful to us.

Maybe that's why so many day 1 players who spent hundreds of dollars are leaving the game. 

Or maybe you know, BDO is a korean game and PlayStation is the dominant in the asian market so maybe PA thinks they can handle more advanced stuff? I dont know.

Your opinion?

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

My opinion is that you should chill out a bit. Of course you are going to take your learnings from one project and apply them to the new. To not do so would be silly. Maybe given a second chance the Xbox release schedule would have been different, but we have what we have, and we know what's coming to the end of the year roughly. 

The Playstation is a different platform with a slightly different player base, both geographically and in numbers. They are going to cater to that in what they see as the most effective way. However they will not do that to the detriment of an already existing, and I suspect profitable, environment, namely us. They will want both to succeed.

• Like 2

As a day 1 player it doesnt bother me one bit. I dont play ps4 so i could careless what updates they get and how fast. 

• Like 1

Considering both consoles this generation are almost PCs, then likely moving the content to PS4 is easier than the effort from getting it on the Xbox earlier.

Gives them a chance to catch the PS4 up and have a better pipeline for updates for both consoles eventually.

Very biased poll btw.

13 minutes ago, Xire said:

Considering both consoles this generation are almost PCs, then likely moving the content to PS4 is easier than the effort from getting it on the Xbox earlier.

Gives them a chance to catch the PS4 up and have a better pipeline for updates for both consoles eventually.

Very biased poll btw.

Consoles are only like PCs in sense that PC hardware has become more uniform over the years. Thus the parts themselves are shared across many platforms. Every console(and Arcade) we like some computer 30 years ago when there were 100s of different companies making custom ram, cpus, and motherboards. 

However, the PS4 doesn't use DirectX while the PC game and Xbox does. The easier port should be the Xbox because of software. 

When they released Black Desert for Xbox they had said it wouldn't be released for PS4 for a year, so I'd assume since it was released roughly 5 months later that the Xbox launch went much smoother than expected and they were able to apply what they learned to the Play Station release to allow it to release sooner with faster content. They've been pretty open about how they want console and PC to be on the same patch, so speeding PS4 to catch up to Xbox and Xbox to PC only makes sense to me. 

I wouldn't be too concerned over the fact that PS4 has more content releasing earlier than Xbox. However, I would be concerned for PS4 players. Large and abundant content updates only splits the player base apart creating a huge gap that can force newer or more casual players away. If a bunch of people work from home or don't work at all their progression will increase much faster than someone who works 8-12 hours a day, and then say three weeks later a new update comes out those people will be able to get even further ahead than the other players who still haven't finished the past content. Its a bad cycle, one that xbox was dealing with for a while, luckily after the Valencia update things have slowed and I notice I big change with lots of new players catching up. Hopefully PS4 will get that chance as well.

• Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if P4 content release is accelerated compared to xbox's or what conent the xbox has still to get is simultaneously released on P4 or xbox content release is slowed down to allow p4 to catch up thus allowing same patches to deployed at same time thus less headaches i guess

All of which i don't particularly care about as i got tons of content still to do

Shitty and late updates on xbox vs ps4 release half year earlier. 

Guess where the focus was...hmmmmmmmmmmm...

• Like 1