Sign in to follow this  
BadClam

Game running horrible now

15 hours ago, Gameflow said:

This explains why every npc takes time to load, like, literally have to stand in front of where they appear and wait a few seconds (literally). Same goes for enemies, they dont appear as you close in on them, they just pop up out of nowhere... so this was a part of a "fix" attempt? Oh man... as if world rendering wasnt bad enough already.

So with the PvP server I can basically go on a rampage jumping whoever I want in PvE, and when I feel like getting back on track I just hop over to the PvP server and get a 50% increase in drop rate. I bet this doesnt sit well with players who favor the PvE experience. I have friends who didnt get on this game cause of the PvP aspect, even though I tell em to this day that its really not that bad... its actually fun, and keeps you on your toes. Anyway..

The game feels broken, and its a shame things on the xbox side havent gotten any better after all this time. This is starting to look like a bad investment.

Well you can do that but if you go on the PvP server with negative karma the same rules apply with regards to losing gems and possible item downgrade if you get killed by mobs. It's quite common for people to get the jail debuff and then jump in the PvP server though to allow it to wear off.

(Jail debuff is something specific to the desert in Valencia. Basically you kill someone and you get marked for 30 mins. You're a free kill for anyone & if you die you need to escape jail. Probably wastes about 20-30 mins getting out. It doesn't happen in the PvP server though)

Edited by OKAYIGETITNOW
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

Well you can do that but if you go on the PvP server with negative karma the same rules apply with regards to losing gems and possible item downgrade if you get killed by mobs. It's quite common for people to get the jail debuff and then jump in the PvP server though to allow it to wear off.

(Jail debuff is something specific to the desert in Valencia. Basically you kill someone and you get marked for 30 mins. You're a free kill for anyone & if you die you need to escape jail. Probably wastes about 20-30 mins getting out. It doesn't happen in the PvP server though)

I hear that, at least they kept the rules of downgrade and gem loss, kinna balances things a bit... I dont suppose theres any plans for a PvE server, just to cater to both sides of the preference? I actually know people who would buy this game if it had PvE servers, but they dont understand its really not as bad as they think.

The jail debuff actually sounds a bit interesting, like a stealth gameplay trying to escape... I probably have the wrong idea though. I doubt ill ever see that, Im not the type to jump people, really no point. Mutual PvP in a open area on the other hand is fun! Get to learn my Sorc a bit more each time.

10 hours ago, Gameflow said:

I hear that, at least they kept the rules of downgrade and gem loss, kinna balances things a bit... I dont suppose theres any plans for a PvE server, just to cater to both sides of the preference? I actually know people who would buy this game if it had PvE servers, but they dont understand its really not as bad as they think.

The jail debuff actually sounds a bit interesting, like a stealth gameplay trying to escape... I probably have the wrong idea though. I doubt ill ever see that, Im not the type to jump people, really no point. Mutual PvP in a open area on the other hand is fun! Get to learn my Sorc a bit more each time.

The jail is a pain. You can try and escape and get past the guards, but you have reduced speed and no weapons. If they kill you you start again. You can also mine for ore and give it to the NPC (most common way to escape) or wait 30 mins and they let you out. I've only been in jail once myself as I can't be bothered with the hassle and it dumps you in the middle of the desert when you get out. It's quite fun sending people to jail though :D

by the way you still get flagged in a PvP server and get the jail mark, but you won't go to jail for fighting. However if you leave the PvP server & join a normal server you still have the mark & can be sent to jail.

It needs some major help. They need a potato mode or something drastic to help this lag issue and other hiccups people are dealing with. I'm not sure if it's on both base and pro, but base with SSD it's becoming a headache more often than not. Do they even take notice or care?