lancia12

Fast Leveling Tests

Background

I absolutely HATE grinding for the sake of grinding.  Spending hours killing the same stuff over and over for .003% XP is not my idea of fun.  I have no problems with questing my way through things or even quests that say kill 250 XYZ.  At least there feels like a point to it.  Normally I just do all of the spirit quests only.  That easily takes you to around 54-55.  I do some side quests and some dailies to push to 56 and do awakening.  But traditionally I would be stuck because I would need to grind levels after that which I hate.  I have over 3000 hours into the game on xbox and my highest was 58.

So with the update that gives XP for side quests I decided to do something different and level the archer to 60.  I did exactly what I normally do which is BS quests usually through the first part of Valencia (for all the valks).  That got me to 56ish.  I then started doing ALL the side quests in all the cities and quest hubs.  With relatively little grinding I was able to hit 60 right about the end of the Kama quest line + doing all the side quests for everything.

My Tests

The goal is to get to 60 with the least amount of grinding.  This got me thinking as to what the most efficient way to level is.  I created a new toon last night.  With 2 hours of grinding my way through different mobs I was 52.  While this IS technically grinding, 1-50 is hands down the fastest way to level.  It also doesn't feel pointless as you can see whole percentage increases killing off mobs.  I hadn't done a single quest at this point.  At 52 the XP starts slowing down a bit so I decided to go back to the beginning and start my BS quests.

Here is dilemma.  Do I do every single BS quest + side quests as I move through all areas or do I just do the BS quests through where I normally do and then go back and do all the side quests?  I think at 59, there is no faster way to level than to do 35 side quests in a city that give you .1% XP each.  Some of these are 3 or 4 in a row just by clicking complete if you already have the knowledge.  I think I'm going to try both ways.  My goal is to just get to 60 without having to grind for hours.

What do you all think?  What is your experience?  Do you have a better way?

• Haha 1

I grind usually  until 55. Then do the lvl up quest for 56( the one in mediah who gives you around 45% for lvl 56) that's where I am atm with my newest char, the archer. From there on I planing on doing quests in Val and kama.

3 hours ago, Nimrod said:

I grind usually  until 55. Then do the lvl up quest for 56( the one in mediah who gives you around 45% for lvl 56) that's where I am atm with my newest char, the archer. From there on I planing on doing quests in Val and kama.

Hot familiar with the lvl up Mediah quest...can you provide more detail?

I find that I can do 1 - 55 in about 3 hours.

At 55 is when you do your side quests that award combat XP. Start in Velia and rotate counter clockwise...Velia, Olvia, Florin, Caltphen, Trent, Keplan, Glish, Heidal. You'll hit 60 or get fairly close. At 60 go to Kama and hit up those side quests. 

Posted (edited)

It starts at outpost sarna (on lvl 55,its even in the recommend quests tab) I don't exactly know how it's called in in English. Something like battle promotion. Go the stairs up and up the tower where the 3 small guys are standing. It's a 3 step mission. Step 1 : kill 300 elrics, 400 Helms and 400 ironmine enemies. Step 2 : kill 200 sausans. Last step: give him 10 blackstones armor and weapon. Then u get ur XP and with the XP from killing the necessary mobs u should be lvl 56( except u kill them in a group if u are too weak to kill them alone, then u are missing around 10%)

Edited by Nimrod