Sign in to follow this  
Rocketfuel77777

August 30th update

I cannot believe what has happened after today’s update. It was supposed to help older consoles while it apparently ruined Xbox one X performance. 

Never ever have I hit the invincible wall like I’m hitting now. What is this ? Who is in charge of this stupid temporary fixes that ruin more than actually fix.

To keep information transparent:

- Xbox one X, SSD, wired connection.

The game has literally became unplayable now after the newest update. 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777
  • Like 1

Mine is same Xbox One X 75meg fibre hardwired yet constant load up issues and things just popping in all time in front of me. Tried to play on Archer last night it was so slow and xbox seems to be running a lot hotter too since update with game freezes too.

3 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Changes made today need to be reversed. I can’t see NPCs in towns and keep hitting loading walls. 

I would not say 'reversed' but they do need to fix whatever issues the patch caused. Seems to me that the overall optimization of the game port is still in the "let's see if this works" phase.

• Like 1

It's also happening to me as well and it's effecting even monsters and drop loot i had to wait like 8 secs for the loot to appear so my pets would pick it up

Am I the only who thinks u are a time traveler? It's 30th August and not September but yeah I have a ssd and a x and never had big issues. Today I walked 20 meters outside of grana and then back and every npc needed 5 seconds to reload.

1 hour ago, CelSen said:

Xbox one x  same Problem nach dem patch 

Ich mag denglisch du auch?

Edited by Nimrod

24 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Am I the only who thinks u are a time traveler? It's 30th August and not September but yeah I have a ssd and a x and never had big issues. Today I walked 20 meters outside of grana and then back and every npc needed 5 seconds to reload.

Ich mag denglisch du auch?

lol, I wouldn't be surprised if we are all over tis again on sep 30 tho.

The time lag in loading npcs I would bet is part of the lag fix for non-one x consoles. If they dont need to render immediately upon clip, is lets server resources apply to more clients in the area (and thus less lag per). Its a cheap and temporary duct tape maneuver, and no self respecting coder would implement it without some serious flaws in project management decision making. 

This also means it probably won't be changing until someone in the higher echelons of the company signs off on more and stronger servers.

Edited by Hedonist_Jester
Spell check

See what you guys on x are experiencing is what we on og xbox one have been exposed to since beta and every update they have ever released. Im not going to buy x when Scarlett drops Christmas 2020 .

On 8/31/2019 at 2:16 PM, Deathz Angel said:

See what you guys on x are experiencing is what we on og xbox one have been exposed to since beta and every update they have ever released. Im not going to buy x when Scarlett drops Christmas 2020 .

OG xbox and bad performance was predictable. You can expect the game to run bad on an old console. 

I bought Xbox One X and ssd for this game only and I was a happy man until the last patch which ruined everything. I'm not OK with this, there needs to be a solution which will stop performance hits like the latest patch. 

Besides, you are here just to stir things up, like always, so I just can't take you serious. 

Why don't take him serious as long as he isn't throwing tantrums like a few weeks ago.  He don't need to buy a x if he doesn't want. I would recommend to get a cheap ssd. That's helps even on and old xbox one. (buddy of mine bough t one a month ago and he said it's awesome how much the loading time has reduced). I don't agree with Deathz angel on many terms ( games death, where is valk, I hate u all fanbois,) but performance was a problem since beta. They even have the guild menu bug still.

I'll happily sit on the sidelines until they get rid of forced pvp on the consoles. I have not played bdo since they launched kutum. Also have not downloaded any thing from then until now, ie, kama expansion or anything else.. Game had potential but forced PvP has kept me at a distance, if they change it drastically i might play but for now im not going to, but i would like to.

They should work on specific patches for each version of the console, og xbox users should indeed expect lower performance than X but since the console is capable of running various games pretty amazingly this should not be the exception if some tweeks were made. I believe there is something called Olvia server where there is no pvp or something but Idk if or when it will be added to consoles.

1 hour ago, Rhaezius said:

They should work on specific patches for each version of the console, og xbox users should indeed expect lower performance than X but since the console is capable of running various games pretty amazingly this should not be the exception if some tweeks were made. I believe there is something called Olvia server where there is no pvp or something but Idk if or when it will be added to consoles.

Pretty sure the Olivia server in a high experience server. Think I heard it was like 500% XP or something to lvl 60. Probably won't see that until all content and classes are out.

4 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

I'll happily sit on the sidelines until they get rid of forced pvp on the consoles. I have not played bdo since they launched kutum. Also have not downloaded any thing from then until now, ie, kama expansion or anything else.. Game had potential but forced PvP has kept me at a distance, if they change it drastically i might play but for now im not going to, but i would like to.

Man how do you turn everything into a gripe about pvp? 

2 hours ago, Rhaezius said:

Olivia servers are for returning player's its on PC but it still has forced pvp. Just like PC has Arsha server xbox got it to , then the "hardcore" PvPers said they tried it but went back to regular servers . og xbox should have same performance at a base level or the PvP is already unfair if you own an og xbox then. The PvP just needs to be instanced node wars takes place on certain servers not all channels so why can't they give a channel for zero PvP , its turned off for world bosses and in towns just make a server where there is no PvP.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

Olivia servers are for returning player's its on PC but it still has forced pvp. Just like PC has Arsha server xbox got it to , then the "hardcore" PvPers said they tried it but went back to regular servers . og xbox should have same performance at a base level or the PvP is already unfair if you own an og xbox then. The PvP just needs to be instanced node wars takes place on certain servers not all channels so why can't they give a channel for zero PvP , its turned off for world bosses and in towns just make a server where there is no PvP.

Here we go again. Since you don't even play the game anymore you could spare us the misery of reading your posts. Not that I need to read them but you are one of those who give the game a bad name and it's not helping the game.

About the performance, do people on PC cry when they barely reach 30fps FPS in PvP as opposed to 60+fps for people with better gaming rigs? NO, they shut up, suck it up, or buy a new rig. The problem is you, swimming in your sea of entitlement. 

Now it does work other way around; why the hell should I or other player suffer performance lose when I deliberately purchased more expensive xbox one x because I KNEW bdx will run like poop on OG and S? The latest patch crippled what I saw as a good performance for the past few months. When hardware allows the devs should squeeze most out of it. 

OG and S should have separate potato mode and X should have the game optimized in line with console's potential.  

6 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Here we go again. Since you don't even play the game anymore you could spare us the misery of reading your posts. Not that I need to read them but you are one of those who give the game a bad name and it's not helping the game.

About the performance, do people on PC cry when they barely reach 30fps FPS in PvP as opposed to 60+fps for people with better gaming rigs? NO, they shut up, suck it up, or buy a new rig. The problem is you, swimming in your sea of entitlement. 

Now it does work other way around; why the hell should I or other player suffer performance lose when I deliberately purchased more expensive xbox one x because I KNEW bdx will run like poop on OG and S? The latest patch crippled what I saw as a good performance for the past few months. When hardware allows the devs should squeeze most out of it. 

OG and S should have separate potato mode and X should have the game optimized in line with console's potential.  

Bdo gives itself a bad name with forced PvP, p2w, toxic gaming community, greedy Microtransactions, game breaking bugs, horrible enhancement system, ect... Im not going to debate you about entitlement, one is not acting entitled when they pay for a product and then the said product doesn't come as advertised. This generation needs to be educated lol you don't get to put labels on something. Look at wow , Blizzard told us we didn't want classic wow, but look how overwhelming the positive reaction to it is. Same with this game if they would add a pve only server they would have droves of people playing , but whatever lol the 13th is almost here. Good day