Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JerryMouse

Curious about grinding spots.

Recommended Posts

I'm pretty new to Black Desert and I was curious about grinding spots because if you google all you ever see is Helms, Sausan(correct my spelling if I'm wrong),Manes and Elric. Are there any other spots that aren't too populated? I kind of want to avoid getting jumped by people because they're a lot far off in terms of gear than I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can generally find a rotation at any of the places if you're willing to move away from the main rotations. Expect to PvP if you want the main rotations though. Sausan's is probably the most contested, followed by pirates. Pirates has some decent areas on the back of the island that not a lot of people use. Soldiers graveyard is pretty quiet and you can usually server hope to find one with maybe 1 other person grinding. I believe they're also the best area in Mediah for skill points. They also drop a fair amount of the forgotten books & a lot of green items.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 5:12 PM, JerryMouse said:

I'm pretty new to Black Desert and I was curious about grinding spots because if you google all you ever see is Helms, Sausan(correct my spelling if I'm wrong),Manes and Elric. Are there any other spots that aren't too populated? I kind of want to avoid getting jumped by people because they're a lot far off in terms of gear than I am.

Dont worry about getting jumped, its not as bad as some make it out to be. Stay efficient, if you see more than a few players in the area, look at the rest of the servers till you find the one with the least amount of activity. PvP will happen no matter what, some players just run through areas jumping blues, its nothing. It actually makes you a better player, youll become more aware of your radar activity. If you notice someone on your radar, take a look to see if theyre red. If they are and headed for you, get ready for a fight. Win or loose, it will make you a better fighter just through experience alone. Every class is capable of putting up a good fight. Down the line there will come a point where youll be looking forward to someone trying to jump you, just to test your skill and gear out. Long as you understand that BDO is a open PvP game, and keep a cool attitude towards it, you might even make friends with people that can show you a thing or two about your gear n combat.

So far ive died more from enemy npc mobs during lag, than I have from real players. All in all about a handful of times, so its no big deal. 

Enjoy the game!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gameflow said:

Dont worry about getting jumped, its not as bad as some make it out to be. Stay efficient, if you see more than a few players in the area, look at the rest of the servers till you find the one with the least amount of activity. PvP will happen no matter what, some players just run through areas jumping blues, its nothing. It actually makes you a better player, youll become more aware of your radar activity. If you notice someone on your radar, take a look to see if theyre red. If they are and headed for you, get ready for a fight. Win or loose, it will make you a better fighter just through experience alone. Every class is capable of putting up a good fight. Down the line there will come a point where youll be looking forward to someone trying to jump you, just to test your skill and gear out. Long as you understand that BDO is a open PvP game, and keep a cool attitude towards it, you might even make friends with people that can show you a thing or two about your gear n combat.

So far ive died more from enemy npc mobs during lag, than I have from real players. All in all about a handful of times, so its no big deal. 

Enjoy the game!

I see, I'll keep that in mind. I haven't been jumped often but it happens here and there. I also noticed in places like Helms post or Manes there's a lot of people willing to fight you just be being there..but that being said thank you for the advice its pretty scarce for noobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 8:45 PM, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

You can generally find a rotation at any of the places if you're willing to move away from the main rotations. Expect to PvP if you want the main rotations though. Sausan's is probably the most contested, followed by pirates. Pirates has some decent areas on the back of the island that not a lot of people use. Soldiers graveyard is pretty quiet and you can usually server hope to find one with maybe 1 other person grinding. I believe they're also the best area in Mediah for skill points. They also drop a fair amount of the forgotten books & a lot of green items.

I've tried Sausan's and honestly I got wrecked lol, I thought I was strong enough but...nope I stay clear from there. Pirates I didn't even know existed until maybe 6 hours ago but I don't own a boat so by the time I get there it'll probably be over run. I'm a ranger and Soldiers graveyard was pretty slow for me but I didn't see anyone so hopefully when I gear up I can head there and see how well I can handle it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...