ChrS

Thought this was a marathon?

Hi gang!

Well I’m just put this out there but I feel so overwhelmed right now with this game!   I’m feeling loads of pressure to advance my gear score in my guild and it’s sucking the fun out of it, and all we speak about is advancing gear score nothing else.

I feel like PC was so staggered that it allowed people to advance slowly and everyone was in the same position basically and was more personal!

I log on and I just feel compelled to grind and be super efficient, you know I work 9-5 etc so it’s difficult to be competitive especially when it’s RNG based, and then after my TRI failed (after loads of people popped 1st time) I am feeling super demoralised which I know is so stupid!

I thought this game was a slow burner play for years but I just feel burnt out already trying to rival people who are lvl60 with a GS 400+

I love this game and I quit on PC after my enhancement failed and I don’t wanna go down the same path!  

This ultimately comes back to my thread title, I was always told this game is a marathon but I feel like this is a race a race to what?  We all know this is a grind fest and I’ve seen the keenest players quit due to nothing to do 

1 hour ago, ChrS said:

I thought this game was a slow burner play for years but I just feel burnt out already trying to rival people who are lvl60 with a GS 400+

This is entirely on you. If you don't want to rival people who no-life the game, don't.

This is like me going for a run, but then feeling down because I can't compete with Olympic runners without putting in the massive amounts of time and effort they put in to be able to achieve those feats.

Join another guild or make new friends that suit your plans better. There is obviously  going to be far greater pressure on you to progress if you're in a PvP guild that's striving for node war dominance

• Like 2

Have to agree with Fran. Its not about what they want its what you want. If they are chasing gs now i will bet by the end of December there all gone. 

Worst thing you can do in this game is try to be in the top 2% you wont.

Those people have more money more free time and just more everything. If you have a job you have already lost. I gave up on that BS years ago. Play for fun, play with friends, do what you want too do nothing more.

• Like 4

Cheers I appreciate that!  I think I totally missed the point of BDO for myself on pc I never once focused on my GS and was still decently geared

1 hour ago, ChrS said:

Cheers I appreciate that!  I think I totally missed the point of BDO for myself on pc I never once focused on my GS and was still decently geared

and I am sure on PC you were still well behind the no-lifers in rankings and GS too. People that progress faster than you shouldn't make you feel forced to keep up with them. If you can kill mobs that are relative to your current level then you are doing fine. Lifeskilling, node management, and market hustling have no gs requirements.

Maybe turn off upgrade notifications?

I felt the same way in these days, but that’s because I’m a very competitive person and sometimes I think I have to do things to reach, atleast, the average people playing this game. That’s why I play alone with my boyfriend, in this way I feel better, I enjoy more aspects of the game and I don’t rush. 

We aren’t in a guild and maybe we wont be in one for a lot more time, because first I want to discover the game by myself and second I dont want people telling me what to do, since I work too and you know, real life call me for some hours in a day. 

So, yes, like other people just said, play for fun, for yourself and please do not think you are in a hurry, because we will reach the same point sooner or later. 😊

Just wait until TET/PEN comes out and you see the amount of people that will p2w to get full TET armour & weapons within a few days of the update. That's when the real gear gap develops & in my opinion was one of the main factors for declining numbers on the Xbox. 

All of these people you see apparently getting easy TRI are probably not as transparent as you think. You don't see failed TRI attempts on the enhancement notification only successful. You will have people already cronning DUO to TRI to get ahead of the game. Most likely ex PC players who know exactly what to do and like the idea of being a in-game god for a short time.

If you feel the pressure now then it's going to increase tenfold when that TET/PEN patch hits. Hopefully on PS4 you won't have an entire guild of P2W players dominating the grind zones and face rolling node wars as soon as we did on the Xbox. 

You will catch up & as someone said just turn notifications off. I did this a long time ago when I was going for my first TET and ended up with a 120 fail stack. It made the enhancements much more bearable not having to sit and watch these p2w players spending £1000 a time cronning gear.

• Thanks 1

Do what ever makes you happy. I've been farming and training horses for the past 4 or 5 days now. My guild is ok with that and that works for me. Maybe you need to look for new people to play with?

6 hours ago, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

Just wait until TET/PEN comes out and you see the amount of people that will p2w to get full TET armour & weapons within a few days of the update. That's when the real gear gap develops & in my opinion was one of the main factors for declining numbers on the Xbox. 

All of these people you see apparently getting easy TRI are probably not as transparent as you think. You don't see failed TRI attempts on the enhancement notification only successful. You will have people already cronning DUO to TRI to get ahead of the game. Most likely ex PC players who know exactly what to do and like the idea of being a in-game god for a short time.

If you feel the pressure now then it's going to increase tenfold when that TET/PEN patch hits. Hopefully on PS4 you won't have an entire guild of P2W players dominating the grind zones and face rolling node wars as soon as we did on the Xbox. 

You will catch up & as someone said just turn notifications off. I did this a long time ago when I was going for my first TET and ended up with a 120 fail stack. It made the enhancements much more bearable not having to sit and watch these p2w players spending £1000 a time cronning gear.

Fun fact. You have no clue how anyone hits their enhancements unless they tell you.
I've been hitting TRI around 27-30 failstacks with nothing being paid for or cron'd but I am from PC and still don't pay anything for my enhancing there. 

I get it though. You are scared of people that might buy things to get an advantage and that's all you see out of fear.

It’s not out of fear to be honest, it’s the reality of BDO. Some get TRI - PEN without chron stones, but a vast majority don’t. A good majority will buy/sell/extract costumes when PEN comes and have it within the day.

4 hours ago, DivineRaged said:

It’s not out of fear to be honest, it’s the reality of BDO. Some get TRI - PEN without chron stones, but a vast majority don’t. A good majority will buy/sell/extract costumes when PEN comes and have it within the day.

Again, without the details from the people you are trying to speak for it is not fact or reality in BDO. 
Claiming the "majority" without supportive data is a logic fallacy. You are not thinking clearly as I said before.

I’m not speaking for anyone, people will buy large amounts of costumes for chronstones to advance faster. Setting a limit of 10 valk stacks makes sense and I don’t see a problem with using costumes for that. Getting 42 stones from one chest piece is a stretch.

My personal thoughts is take the chrom stones out of the costumes and lower the silver for them in game so everyone can grind for them instead of paying for them. It’s been a while since I played PC, but weren’t they 1mil there vs the 2mil on PS4? So for a TRI I need 38mil a attempt or spend 20$ and extract a costume for two attempts and save my silver.

Edited by DivineRaged

5 hours ago, DivineRaged said:

Ah so this is where p2w comes from .. u can buy costumes and extract rare stones?

5 minutes ago, Hzrdus said:

Ah so this is where p2w comes from .. u can buy costumes and extract rare stones?

You can extract them for chron stones that saves your gear from degrading. Taking away the risk from enchanting. That’s why outfits cost 29mil on the market.

Edited by DivineRaged

On 9/6/2019 at 11:25 AM, DivineRaged said:

I’m not speaking for anyone, people will buy large amounts of costumes for chronstones to advance faster. Setting a limit of 10 valk stacks makes sense and I don’t see a problem with using costumes for that. Getting 42 stones from one chest piece is a stretch.

My personal thoughts is take the chrom stones out of the costumes and lower the silver for them in game so everyone can grind for them instead of paying for them. It’s been a while since I played PC, but weren’t they 1mil there vs the 2mil on PS4? So for a TRI I need 38mil a attempt or spend 20$ and extract a costume for two attempts and save my silver.

You are speaking for people and attempting to describe a situation that may or may be the reason people are ahead of others in the version. 

I just TRI'd my weapons with 0 cron stones at 27 and 54 failstacks. Along that journey I also got PRI/DUO on all of my armor through the various re-attempts to get back to DUO from TRI fails. 

Croning to stop degradation is a short-sided fix at this stage of the game. 
So the Crons cost 2 mill per. And? You don't NEED to buy them. You are describing how they work You should not confuse the basic mechanics of them with them being mandatory or needed here.

That’s why outfits cost 29mil on the market.

That's not why. Plus they didn't even start out being 29 mil. First the max price was about 25mil and many were sold for 22. I know this because I bought 3 for 22 mil the day after release. I wasn't  melting them. I wanted more costumes for my characters and the combat/skill bonus from the sets. 

Maybe you're bad for other reasons

Edited by SoloTyrant

Honestly if u feel pressured like that then i think that guild might not be for u. Sure our guild does the same but in the end we really dont care we just wanna play to have. Mostly when we talk about gs is because we r trying to find ways to be more efficient in our group grinds and whatever else. So i believe u should talk to ur guild and if they say ur gs is a must right now then u should look for a more relaxed guild to play and grow with. That way u wont get bummed or aggrivated at the game cuz yes enhancing gear in bdo will be the death of us all. Its extremely painful. Nothing like dumping 20m + into altinova blacksmith on grunil gear just to repair ur 20 max dura. cuz theres never any on central market this is the option i chose. But thats just me lol.

On 9/6/2019 at 4:44 PM, Hzrdus said:

A costume is worth approximately 180m in Cron stones (I think 91 is what you get). It costs just over that to do a TET attempt and will cost you roughly 5 costumes to do a PEN attempt.

On 9/6/2019 at 4:06 AM, SoloTyrant said:

Fun fact. You have no clue how anyone hits their enhancements unless they tell you.
I've been hitting TRI around 27-30 failstacks with nothing being paid for or cron'd but I am from PC and still don't pay anything for my enhancing there. 

I get it though. You are scared of people that might buy things to get an advantage and that's all you see out of fear.

That's what I said you don't know if someone is cronning for a TRI because you don't see a message saying "X player failed TRI grunil helmet" all you see if the successful message. However when it comes to TET & PEN you can easily tell what players are p2w because they do multiple attempts over and over with the same item.

Just because you personally don't use Crons it doesn't mean others won't do it lol

Scared of people lol what you banging on about? I'm full TET armour & weapons with nearly BIS TRI accessories. It's took me over 6 months to get there playing pretty hardcore. It will probably take a more casual player at least a year to get to the stage my gear is at. Someone can use Crons and p2w and achieve 6-12 months or work in 2 days. Many people will do this & it will create a massive gear gap especially at the early stages. It will most likely have the same negative effect on the population on PS4 as it did on Xbox because you will have the majority of the player base still trying to get TRI yuria & grunil armour when others are getting TET boss items withing the first few days of the TET/PEN patch.

2 hours ago, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

That's what I said you don't know if someone is cronning for a TRI because you don't see a message saying "X player failed TRI grunil helmet" all you see if the successful message. However when it comes to TET & PEN you can easily tell what players are p2w because they do multiple attempts over and over with the same item.

Just because you personally don't use Crons it doesn't mean others won't do it lol

Scared of people lol what you banging on about? I'm full TET armour & weapons with nearly BIS TRI accessories. It's took me over 6 months to get there playing pretty hardcore. It will probably take a more casual player at least a year to get to the stage my gear is at. Someone can use Crons and p2w and achieve 6-12 months or work in 2 days. Many people will do this & it will create a massive gear gap especially at the early stages. It will most likely have the same negative effect on the population on PS4 as it did on Xbox because you will have the majority of the player base still trying to get TRI yuria & grunil armour when others are getting TET boss items withing the first few days of the TET/PEN patch.

I didn't say I know what other did. I commented that your statements were reaching.

P2W,. TET in 2 days. STFU with that dumb crap. You kids are always so concerned about what others *may* be doing that if hurts you to your core. So what if a person progressed faster than you did? Is the Earth going to tumble off its axis? Is PA supposed to gate people behind some arbitrary progression speed? Here's something fun to notice about BDO on PC, PA makes is faster and faster for new players to catch up to older players. You saying someone could do it faster is pointless. Yes, people can do it faster than you. Cry more.

A massive gear gap. On no! You mean like what happens in any online video game where progression is a function to time, money, and effort spent. 
Morel logic fallacies and speaking about what the majority most certainly will do. 

I get it kid. The PC forums are so overun with crybabies and liars calling the game p2w that it can't contain that propganda and false claims in one place.

Edited by SoloTyrant

6 hours ago, SoloTyrant said:

I didn't say I know what other did. I commented that your statements were reaching.

P2W,. TET in 2 days. STFU with that dumb crap. You kids are always so concerned about what others *may* be doing that if hurts you to your core. So what if a person progressed faster than you did? Is the Earth going to tumble off its axis? Is PA supposed to gate people behind some arbitrary progression speed? Here's something fun to notice about BDO on PC, PA makes is faster and faster for new players to catch up to older players. You saying someone could do it faster is pointless. Yes, people can do it faster than you. Cry more.

A massive gear gap. On no! You mean like what happens in any online video game where progression is a function to time, money, and effort spent. 
Morel logic fallacies and speaking about what the majority most certainly will do. 

I get it kid. The PC forums are so overun with crybabies and liars calling the game p2w that it can't contain that propganda and false claims in one place.

Kid lol what have we went back in time. Get a grip of yourself you dumb c**t!

Why would I make stuff about players getting full TET in 2 days? It's f**king simple you idiot. You run Valencia 7 times on a lvl 55 character. After completing that quest the first time it takes just under 2 hours to run it on alts. There you now have 7 X 50 stacks. Fire another 10 valks cry on each stack and have a 60 stack that gives you a 14% chance at TET. P2w and Cron that s**t and you have full TET 2 days after the release of Valencia/TET/PEN. Pretty simple really or if you do it the correct way you don't Cron the TET attempts and only go DUO to TRI with Crons to build up your TET stack and it will cost you less money & no one knows you're P2W.

The reason it wasn't considered full p2w on PC is because you didn't get Crons from costumes for 3 years after the game was released so it didn't have a huge impact on the game because the majority of people were already at softcap. It's a completely different system on Xbox and yes it did create a massive gear gap.

You come on here with your white knight PA fan boy crap & you know jack s**t about what's happened on the Xbox & by the reading some of your other posts you know nothing about the the PC version either. Nothing worse than an ex PC player coming to console thinking he knows everything.