Sign in to follow this  
Angher

A message to Pearl Abyss

Xcrov search the forum search by putting year on the second page you will find the answer to your question

15 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

Microsoft doesn't even have Black Desert at PAX Australia this week. Sorry, that makes no sense imo since we're only 1 week from November. If the game is truly coming this year, why would you not have what is potentially the biggest xbox (timed)exclusive at the last big show of the year? C'mon man...something is off

The last time i remember BDX had a booth at a microsoft stand was gamescom 2017. Just a small scale version running on an XDK

15 hours ago, Kasai said:

Okay. Sorry for being optimistic. Im just going off of what the only person that works for PA that is actually communicating to us said. aka @[CM] Simon

Also there wouldnt be any quotes from Simon on here saying Q1 since the forums didnt even exist during that time lol.

well i think ur mixin up what i said...its understandable though...sometimes i say things others dont understand so let me clear this up again....

i didnt say simon gave those dates. what i said was there r many quotes online....all from PA directly in interviews with people in charge of gettin the game ready for release. simon can say fall 2018 until hes blue in the face. i hope it happens and dont doubt that it will but i thought it should be made clear that i also thought early 2018/q1 2018/summer 20188/ summerish 2018 and any dates listed prior to 2018 were going to be legit too but we all know PA came back each time at the very last possible moment to tell us the game was delayed yet again. im stayin as positive as i can which is y i dont complain about dates and delays and hound simon for updates like all of u seem to do BUT stayin positive doesnt mean we erase the numerous last minute deadline fumbles coupled with delays or the many many months/years we went without a single bit of info. we also have yet to be told if AFK fishin will be a thing on console. lets say its set to release this fall (beta) that only leaves a short time left....theres no way they cant know if afk fishin will be a thing or not. its a HUGE part of the game and wont easily just be changed to another method last minute....PA has proven on PC that they arent capable of last minute huge changes to their game....no one is really so that only leaves 2 options:

1. the game is going to be delayed because they havent sorted out the deets on even basic aspects of the game

or

2. they r refusin to tell us info for no reason. i say no reason because again they arent able to just change a huge part of the game all willy nilly like that in a handful of weeks especially when they have other stuff they are workin on as well.

because its such a huge change they have to know one way or the other. im assumin but im fairly confident in my assumptions at this point. if a company was confident in their deadline they would post definitive info and responses to the questions customers have asked a million times. no one can argue with this. im no bizz major but even i know communication is the ONLY way to keep the hype train rollin and ease the minds of customers that they have kept waitin for goin on years now. YEARSSSSSSSSS

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, D4rkSt0rmMF said:

The last time i remember BDX had a booth at a microsoft stand was gamescom 2017. Just a small scale version running on an XDK

You're missing my point... what I was trying to say is that if this game is coming soon, MS should be using every opportunity to promote it. Instead they are absolutely silent on what is a massive gorgeous (timed)exclusive. I don't care if BDX wasn't at other shows cuz it's irrelevant to now when the game is supposedly 2 months or less away from releasing. Like I said before, if this game releases on short notice without getting due promotion by MS, somebody better get fired. I understand MS is not the publisher so it's a bit different but you don't negotiate an exclusive deal to let it just randomly show up.

• Like 5

The real important question here is: does q4 2018/q1 2019 classify as summer-ish 2018? 

And totally agree with jammers and numnutz points 

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 2

Yeah he said not gonna be cancelled.  But again no date and vague responses, Engage the community more why not start doing streams on mixer with some q and a etc.  Obviously the dev team cm’s etc are taking part in the tests just now surely they can start a stream and do some Q&A 

As with most releases for games we as fans are all waiting on, silence is hard.  Not knowing what's happening leads to rumors and speculation that often turn things in a negative light.  hopefully there will be some more news on the status of the game soon.  I mean transparency is a very good thing in a gaming community.  I'd rather a developer come right out and say things are not quite where we thought they would be by now and there may be a delay of a few weeks or months etc.. than just not hearing anything.  I feel like we have had more updates this fall so far but I know everyone is chomping at the bit for any new news.

50 minutes ago, BigSarge said:

As with most releases for games we as fans are all waiting on, silence is hard.  Not knowing what's happening leads to rumors and speculation that often turn things in a negative light.  hopefully there will be some more news on the status of the game soon.  I mean transparency is a very good thing in a gaming community.  I'd rather a developer come right out and say things are not quite where we thought they would be by now and there may be a delay of a few weeks or months etc.. than just not hearing anything.  I feel like we have had more updates this fall so far but I know everyone is chomping at the bit for any new news.

Step 1: Register.

Step 2: Get a hobby.

Step 3: Join the beta when out.

Step 4: 

Step 5: Profit.

👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌

• Like 1

Vamos BD Si se puede, si se puede, si se puede, si se puede 🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️

You all could just go back into your holes until you get an email with the beta date. Follow the Black Desert Xbox facebook, things get posted there before they make it to the forums.

Edited by Fortune
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kasai said:

I mean thats cool and all.  But all I said was that im going off of what Simon has told us on the forums.  Apparently being optimistic just triggers people lol.

My bad. 🙄

i totally understand what ur doin and what ur sayin. theres a reason theres a sayin "actions speak louder than words" as well as others. how many times do u have to get lied to before u stop believin everything ur told??

like i said before im hopeful but im not silly enough to allow me wantin a game to release to cloud my ability to use basic common sense. u may call that gettin triggered if u want....thats entirely ur opinion but often times folks throw that out there when they cant face the facts presented to them. im sure that doesnt apply to u though......

58 minutes ago, numnutz2005 said:

i totally understand what ur doin and what ur sayin. theres a reason theres a sayin "actions speak louder than words" as well as others. how many times do u have to get lied to before u stop believin everything ur told??

like i said before im hopeful but im not silly enough to allow me wantin a game to release to cloud my ability to use basic common sense. u may call that gettin triggered if u want....thats entirely ur opinion but often times folks throw that out there when they cant face the facts presented to them. im sure that doesnt apply to u though......

Sooner or later everyone will go through "hype" , "let down" and end at "I don't care anymore" stage

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kasai said:

It is just a game.  Each one of us chooses to be here and talk about the game.  Some choose to not create a toxic community and attempt to maintain a positive attitude.  Others choose to sit here and complain and be negative, which will only create a toxic community.  Everyone here is only invested with time into BDX, they dont have your money yet so what is there really to complain about.  Do something else with your time if you dont like it. (this is a general statement to everyone not pointing to just you).

It is just a game.  If you arent having fun then you are doing it wrong.  And if you cant be happy with it so far then maybe its not for you, i suggest moving on for now.

wasnt it u that chimed in on this thread with incomplete information?? if me correcting that upset u well idk what to tell u really but ur obviously not readin ne thing i say lol. if stating facts is considered bein upset please tell me what is considered bein positive?? lyin maybe?? either way all i told u were the facts. u have been corrected and everyone from that point will see the corrections made to ur claim so thats all that really matters. just be sure to provide the full picture next time...u might confuse folks that arent up to date on the info or if ur not up to date on the current history of things maybe u shouldnt reply because u probably dont know everything that should be added to it. if u only know half of the story its best to keep it to urself otherwise folks that know more will chime in. that is all buddy.

feel free to take ur own advice and move on to other things if ur unhappy with folks wantin the full picture instead of the specs of it ur tryin to spread. :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kasai said:

Oookay calm down there buddy lol.  No need to get backhanded and toxic.

First of all I did state a fact and It was posted here for you to see but i will repost it....

launchthisyear.PNG.82d07475a426aaa3b37c9fa102bf5805.PNG

Nothing i have said in this thread has been negative, false, or not backed with a fact.  So im not sure why you are attacking me honestly but w/e.

Simon said the game will release this year and I believe him :) 

Try not to get so upset.  This is just a game man try to keep it clean and positive so the community doesnt go full toxic.

lol fallin back on a comment that isnt difinitive again. ok let me break this down a bit more for ya my dude....

1. was the game confirmed to be released on multiple dates this year yes or no? by dates im referin to early 2018/q1 2018/summer 2018/summerish 2018/fall 2018.

2. each time was the game delayed last minute after building up the release yes or no?

3. do u think throwin out the historical proof provided and wipin the slate clean to push a narrative is appropriate yes or no??

u me and everyone else knows the answers to these questions. if all u can do is repeat somethin said that has a huge potential loop hole clear as day u might as well not reply at all lol. im not here to pat u on the butt...its a video game my dude. u shouldnt work so hard to lie like that. someone that isnt gettin upset shouldnt do that but here u r lol. i dont have to work to push the facts. no one knows when the game will drop except the folks involved but smart folks will only go by the historical evidence and what they have done in the past to determine how legit or non legit these new claims r. if i had to go based on everything that has happened so far and the fact that the claim simon made still has no date or ne thing backin it up i can only assume it has a high chance of bein delayed. if it was for sure comin simon wouldnt need to say "if nothing goes wrong" in his reply. a simple....its coming fall 2018 for sure 100% woulda worked perfectly but it just shows he has no confidence in the release ETA either hence the back door built in. u dont have to be smart to figure these things out my dude. but since ur havin trouble i figured i would enlighten u a bit. ur welcome my friend ;)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, xCROv said:

Where have the staff for this board ever lied to anyone.🤔 @[CM] Simon has given us as much information as he can while making sure that he keeps it all factual. You seem to be attacking people in this thread for either trying to ask for a update about the game or for information they have posted.

To be honest it seems like you're the only one that hasn't posted any information to back up your claims that the dates keep getting moved around. Can you provide anything that shows the game WONT be released this year or anything to support your claim that the dates have been moved?

@[CM] Simon included "if nothing goes wrong" because he is not a fortune teller and can't read the future. He is also neither the only person in charge of the development of the game or the developer. He is a Community Manager that is trying his best to give us as much information as possible and as accurate. In a business setting there are no definitive dates and saying that something "will specifically come out at X date" doesn't happen until the game is fully finalized and they are still making changes to bugs that were found in the small tests. Not only that but the BETA has not even dropped yet. They could find a massive exploit or something that needs to delay the launch so it can be fixed. They could also not find anything and it be released on their date they want. 

I'm really not sure why you're being so hostile towards someone quoting a staff member on a release date and calling them a liar. They are the only person that has posted ANY information to back up their claims. If you followed the way any launch has gone for BDO it's painfully clear that this one is following the exact same procedure. Almost like... Maybe, just maybe, they have done this multiple times and have a set milestone dates. If this was a new game and this was it's first launch then sure. It's almost like this is their 10th launch for this game and they know what they are doing.🙄 My dude.

Well I mean his name is numnutz what do you expect

Edited by Beond

You guys are too wild. I mean the ones about dates. Have you not played other mmos before? No one wants a rushed game. Also I don't understand why people are upset about a game they haven't wasted money on yet. It'll come out when it does. Play the pc game or another game until it's out on Xbox. Whether you're impatient and you leave the game before it's released is totally up to you. They're not losing players. They'll gain more on release. Just be happy a game like bdo is coming to Xbox. 😒

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, xCROv said:

Where have the staff for this board ever lied to anyone.🤔 @[CM] Simon has given us as much information as he can while making sure that he keeps it all factual. You seem to be attacking people in this thread for either trying to ask for a update about the game or for information they have posted.

To be honest it seems like you're the only one that hasn't posted any information to back up your claims that the dates keep getting moved around. Can you provide anything that shows the game WONT be released this year or anything to support your claim that the dates have been moved?

@[CM] Simon included "if nothing goes wrong" because he is not a fortune teller and can't read the future. He is also neither the only person in charge of the development of the game or the developer. He is a Community Manager that is trying his best to give us as much information as possible and as accurate. In a business setting there are no definitive dates and saying that something "will specifically come out at X date" doesn't happen until the game is fully finalized and they are still making changes to bugs that were found in the small tests. Not only that but the BETA has not even dropped yet. They could find a massive exploit or something that needs to delay the launch so it can be fixed. They could also not find anything and it be released on their date they want. 

I'm really not sure why you're being so hostile towards someone quoting a staff member on a release date and calling them a liar. They are the only person that has posted ANY information to back up their claims. If you followed the way any launch has gone for BDO it's painfully clear that this one is following the exact same procedure. Almost like... Maybe, just maybe, they have done this multiple times and have a set milestone dates. If this was a new game and this was it's first launch then sure. It's almost like this is their 10th launch for this game and they know what they are doing.🙄 My dude.

lol post proof that all of us have seen posted many times on here?? u should pay attention to how he didnt reply directly to what was asked and y he never asked for proof to back up my claim....if he didnt already know what i said was true he would have asked for the proof u mentioned. its common info that the game has been delayed last minute a handful of times since it was announced. maybe ur new to bdo and how PA handles things when it comes to PR but thats exactly why i was postin the stuff i posted....those that dont know should be informed.

but either way we should all be glad that we have an actual date. now it is safe to get hyped for a release. before that date there was no reason to assume anything other than a delay because of how they handled delays in the past.