Sign in to follow this  
Skywood

Game experience is low key on boss mechanics

Greetings,

quick summary: Long term bdo player since release on pc, did a lot of field bosses in small groups, knowledge about mechanics and outcomes is established and i am basing my opinion on that.

Settings have been set to minimal (no player visible if possible, no 4k), played on a PS4 Pro with ssd drive and high quality network provider

Issue: (more than 30 players on screen)

Currently, field bosses (red nose etc.) are pretty much suicide and no fun at all to fight against. This is due to heavy server lag and attack patterns not allowing reactional game play.

When played on pc, all mechanics and the counter play against them (block, dodge) were what made the fight fun + the rewards ofc.

The whole game bases it's combat on split second decisions against challenging mobs. With the current iteration, this base feature is reduced to zero.

Are we being set up this way until PS5 hits next year? Is this how kakao has intended to deliver the bdo experience? How do xbox players perceive this issue?

• Like 1

You cant expect a 3 week old game to not have issues.. lol. PC had issues at launch. They still have issues now and they are years in

I'm on a first gen ps4 regular with a samsung evo SSD and its running very smooth. East coast US location. I think location to the servers play a big role in the issues. I had rendering issues before I installed the SSD but now it only occurs when I sign on for the first time and I happen to be in a big city. But as soon as it renders I don't see the issue again the rest of the game session.

I run 250mbps connection, on a 4 month old ps4 slim with a 1tb hdd and the latest firmware. I also have the performance set to hide other adventurers. Im located on the east coast.

Im experiencing massive lag during fights, some of my attacks dont register, i run into invisible walls even while autorunning my character will just get stuck in the middle of the road in run animation, enemies appear out of nowhere, rendering is bad... and.. I didnt have these issues during the beta. Only the rendering part.

I honestly didnt expect such issues. This game has been out on pc for years, and is also on xbox... you would think performance out of all things shouldnt be an issue.

PS4pro running 4K, east coast checking in. Only issues I have are from server side (potion delay, field boss teleporting, etc.) load and not local. I assume as they tinker with the servers on the backend things will get better but yeah, loading up the DP in the meantime for when the bosses just hit me with an undetectable hit.

Edited by Grimnoir

After a couple of Red Noses and Bhegs, the game play ist still underwhelmingly bad;

Example 1: Red Nose does the frontal cone attack

Normal approach - get in his back, attack until he starts to jump
PS4 saftey approach - get away, positioning is rng luck
Live result: got behind him, he starts to do the cone attack, suddenly he disappears and my character received massive dmg (2000+ hp) = took the attack head on

Example 2: Bheg is running
Normal approach - run towards him, attack
PS4 safety approach - ""
Live result: Bheg ran away and suddenly froze in place for 1-2 sec then disappeared. Received a knock down blow with no chance to react.

This happens a lot during fights. So much, that melee combat (also the invisible player wall) is a disaster. I am not talking loot, i am talking pure and solid game play.

--> As you can see, the server lag (?) is limiting tactical play to a point where it is unknown, if your position towards the boss is accurately displayed or completely off.

I am happy for everyone, who is not experiencing this result!

Edited by Skywood
spelling