Sign in to follow this  
Rapacity65

Things other MMO’s do well that would integrate nicely into BDO?

I’m sure a lot of the people here have already been through a couple of other MMO’s, as well as being PC vets switching to console for Black Deserts eventual release. Were there any mechanics those games did right that could work if they were introduced to BDO? Wanted to see how the community felt coming from PC.^_^

22 minutes ago, Beond said:

Trading please! I also hope we get more intellectual PvE bosses 

Trading would be really cool! Although I can see how it could get abused too so they’d probably need to think about certain ways to limit it. Also PvE Bosses that do more than just stand in the same place and spam random attacks are great! I like when they have a gimmick, or a weakness that you gotta figure out rather than just being bullet-sponges. 

5 minutes ago, Rapacity65 said:

Trading would be really cool! Although I can see how it could get abused too so they’d probably need to think about certain ways to limit it. Also PvE Bosses that do more than just stand in the same place and spam random attacks are great! I like when they have a gimmick, or a weakness that you gotta figure out rather than just being bullet-sponges. 

I liked Pve bosses in Black Desert Online pc version. It will be great to see alot of people farming them again :D

I just wish for leaderboards in every aspect of the game

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I liked Pve bosses in Black Desert Online pc version. It will be great to see alot of people farming them again :D

I just wish for leaderboards in every aspect of the game

Leaderboards would be really good for all the competitive people. I could see guilds trying to one-up each other which would be pretty dope. I also see why it might not be a thing yet though since it’s doesn’t really change gameplay. Still, different features attract different people and it’d be nice if the fan base for this game is active and healthy.

Playing multiple MMO's and also Neverwinter for multiple years, finally glad someone made a post like this, I made a mount post in another thread I will quote on so you can view it. 

I explained the Neverwinter mount system and how nice it can be integrated into BDO's mount system, it can open new avenues for revenue, make the system simpler, and also stimulate the economy.

More things i'd like to see:

-Dungeons! What would an MMO be without dungeons. Something I think a lot of people would like to see is dungeons. Not open world dungeons but dungeons that are instanced based and took you and your adventuring party with it. They can totally do this by putting in Item Level requirements on dungeons that get progressively harder as the iL increases. Just like how PvP instances work they can do that with this! I think people would REALLY enjoy this. This could also be a very nice way for PA to open up PvE a bit more. 

-Chill on the classes, but release a Priest or main healer of some sort. In the past year, BDO has received 4 classes so far, Dark Knight, Striker, Mystic and Lahn. (Lahn will be released this year for everyone else). More classes is more diversity for player choosing, which is great! But as it stands, there is only 3 sort of "healers" in this game. That is the Valkyrie, Witch, and Wizard. There is no official Healer. This game needs a Priest or some sort of Cleric. This can fill a players status quo for being a healer instead of a magic caster. It can also be really useful with less reliance on pots and more so more reliance on a healer or some sort of integration of sort. This would also be nice considering there is only 3 classes in the Support Category. This could make it 4.

-Raids! Just like what I mentioned before on Dungeons. I think wide scaled raids to take on SUPER bosses would be awesome. Not sure how Xbox could handle it, but It would be absolutely amazing too see 50 or 100 people stand together to take down a major boss. Can you just even fathom the amount of fun it would be hearing everyone scream of joy attacking the mega boss? 

giphy.gif

What would also be nice is Raids that could also be instanced based so you can have a queue system or something to set up one of your own. Lets say you had a guild who wanted to run one.

-Also stated before, chill on the classes, meaning chill on more classes, and focus on aspects of the game a bit more. I love the fact that BDO is blowing up. However, they are releasing a lot of classes and I think a lot of people agree with me on that. I'd love to see more time put into balancing the existing classes, adding in more PvE things to do, and also more fun stuff for players to explore and do. I think class releases should be based on what the game NEEDS. Which currently there is simply too much Carries and Assassins and not enough Supports.

-RNG and Over Complications. Like I said how things like the mount system can easily be tweaked to be made easier. Stuff like refining and upgrading can be too as well. Same can also be said on just a lot of aspects on the game. New players who haven't seen in depth gameplay, or played it on PC, or have any experience prior to Xbox's release literally have no idea what they are doing. That can be said for most players on Xbox, but things could be made simpler. I love the fact that BDO is blowing up. However, they are releasing a lot of classes and I think a lot of people agree with me on that. I'd love to see more time put into balancing the existing classes, adding in more PvE things to do, and also more fun stuff for players to explore and do. I think class releases should be based on what the game NEEDS. Which currently there is simply too much Carries and Assassins and not enough Supports.

Edited by The Guiido
  • Like 2

I would also love to see more dungeons/bosses.

But i think we will be getting what KR version gets, just like the the EU/NA.

I actually like how advances life skills are. All that with mounts and training them

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

I would also love to see more dungeons/bosses.

But i think we will be getting what KR version gets, just like the the EU/NA.

I actually like how advances life skills are. All that with mounts and training them

This game NEEDS to implement what I said! 

And the mount system can still be made to level up like you said, but simplified down to make it easier and also allow clarity as to what to do and not over complicate it.

I think the beauty of Black Desert is that it is an advanced sandbox. You can dedicate yourself to many things, which are expanded very well.

• Like 1