PattyLtd

Forced pvp!

Just for anyone like me not aware of this.

After reaching level 45 - 50 this game forces you to pvp. 

So if you like me and almost everyone i know you play mmo’s for relax and enjoy a vast world with friends or solo but dont like to pvp then dont waste your money on this pos. 

• Like 1

You are given the option to go from level 49 to 50 which then forces pvp... however I have three characters past that that have never once been attacked. If you are attacked, just switch servers. Don’t sweat it man.

• Like 4

I don't generally like pvp either. It's pretty rare to get attacked though.

Had a fun experience the other day where someone was PKing up near the Helms, his name became red and then everyone there joined forces, stopped hunting mobs and chased him out of the area - about 12 of us. It was hilarious! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I'd prefer no forced PVP, as I certainly would never win against someone attacking me, but my witch as been over level 50 for quite a while now, and has never been ganked.  One guy did take a couple of shots at me at Helms, but too many mobs forced him to break off his attack.  I disengaged and hopped to another server to continue farming...nbd. 

There is so much to this game which is amazing that I'd give it another chance.  If someone pk's you, roll with the punches and continue on.  Are you in a guild?  Group up with them for some farming sessions and watch each other's back. In any larger guild there will be people highly geared and more than willing to avenge and discourage people from messing with their mates. :)

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 7:46 PM, Cynnalia said:

Yeah, I'd prefer no forced PVP, as I certainly would never win against someone attacking me, but my witch as been over level 50 for quite a while now, and has never been ganked.  One guy did take a couple of shots at me at Helms, but too many mobs forced him to break off his attack.  I disengaged and hopped to another server to continue farming...nbd. 

There is so much to this game which is amazing that I'd give it another chance.  If someone pk's you, roll with the punches and continue on.  Are you in a guild?  Group up with them for some farming sessions and watch each other's back. In any larger guild there will be people highly geared and more than willing to avenge and discourage people from messing with their mates. :)

No not in guild.

Playing with my bf mostly and we like it but still alot to learn after playing mainly eso for 4 years haha. Not sure what to do now main store is finished tbh.

Not giving up yet, i slightly overreacted maybe.

Maybe because its same on all server it means dont get bothered too much with it. 

I dont mind getting attacked and probably killed but if it happens non stop it would be very annoying.

thanks for the answer :)

On 9/9/2019 at 2:02 AM, PattyLtd said:

Just for anyone like me not aware of this.

After reaching level 45 - 50 this game forces you to pvp. 

So if you like me and almost everyone i know you play mmo’s for relax and enjoy a vast world with friends or solo but dont like to pvp then dont waste your money on this pos. 

THe option of going to 49 to 50 only means you have the option to turn on PVP and others have the option the engage in PVP with you in the open world.
You aren't forced to fight. You can stand and die, then switch servers or you can run away and switch servers.

Not going 50 means youre holding yourself back from a lot of fun. Like some have mentioned, you dont get attacked often, and even when you do man its no big deal, its never excessive. Get your fav characters over 50 so you can enjoy the full extent of the combat this game offers, and keep a few characters under 50, use em for life skills and such.

Forced pvp is one of that things That let you think "I might get stronger to avoid this stupids killers" people usually go on me like they were so stronger and casually they are the one to flee with low health. 

Maybe for first time you can joke them and change server, but when u have a good high end equip, you don't have to be worried. 

Edited by Jirou

It's annoying, yes. Although it's few and far between. Wait until someone with Treant skin decides to Judas you when you're fighting Ogres. Just happened to me...not only does it hide their name, it hides them on chat too. I chased that player all over Mansha because they ran when they realised I wasn't an easy kill even from behind. 

Long story short they switched server or logged out. Funny but also frustrating when you have a quest to finish up. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2019 at 9:28 AM, Jirou said:

Forced pvp is one of that things That let you think "I might get stronger to avoid this stupids killers" people usually go on me like they were so stronger and casually they are the one to flee with low health. 

Maybe for first time you can joke them and change server, but when u have a good high end equip, you don't have to be worried. 

So how can you get better gear when idiots gank you? I'm asking because that reply is awful. Open world PvP in this game is some geared up idiot attacking from behind like most losers do. How are new players meant to gear up?

Starting end gear of that "Idiots" can be found on the relatives cities, Grunil by Altinova's vendor and Yuria weapon at calpheon's arms dealer, just buff your equipment and low level jewelry and you reach 130+ ap and 180+ dp, and people cant kill you easily

4 minutes ago, Jirou said:

Starting end gear of that "Idiots" can be found on the relatives cities, Grunil by Altinova's vendor and Yuria weapon at calpheon's arms dealer, just buff your equipment and low level jewelry and you reach 130+ ap and 180+ dp, and people cant kill you easily

Add up how much a new player would invest in getting that anywhere near reasonable.  How can they do that if they can't finish missions because of gankers? 

Stop defending the indefensible.

🤔 

2 minutes ago, gilbertoconcerto said:

Add up how much a new player would invest in getting that anywhere near reasonable.  How can they do that if they can't finish missions because of gankers? 

Stop defending the indefensible.

Im not defending nothing, im just giving you an advice, its a game where you can pvp in whatever you are, doing a mission, gathering, be prepared and gear urself as good, take time to do equipment, dont race with the mission, its useless if you only do that xD if you're weak, so help yourself gearing for resist a "gank" or find a guild if you're new to be helped

1 minute ago, Jirou said:

🤔

Im not defending nothing, im just giving you an advice, its a game where you can pvp in whatever you are, doing a mission, gathering, be prepared and gear urself as good, take time to do equipment, dont race with the mission, its useless if you only do that xD if you're weak, so help yourself gearing for resist a "gank" or find a guild if you're new to be helped

My GS is just under 400. I'm telling you now, whilst biting my tongue, that new players are getting screwed because morons are trying to get stronger and killing new players just for being there whilst they farm to get even stronger.

I don't need help. Thank you. I need to talk to someone who isn't part of the problem. And from your replies I can assume you are. You defend it yet pretend you don't. Also :smiley face: because I too don't have a life. Really? Grow up.

21 hours ago, gilbertoconcerto said:

My GS is just under 400. I'm telling you now, whilst biting my tongue, that new players are getting screwed because morons are trying to get stronger and killing new players just for being there whilst they farm to get even stronger.

I don't need help. Thank you. I need to talk to someone who isn't part of the problem. And from your replies I can assume you are. You defend it yet pretend you don't. Also :smiley face: because I too don't have a life. Really? Grow up

Lol you're crazy, you are the little baby thay cry because he's ganked. I just wanted to give you an advice, i have 300k of karma so idc what you want to accuse, just grow up instead of crying in this forum, i suppose you cry in the forum, in the game and i suppose.. In real life, for me this topic can finish here, gl hf :D

26 minutes ago, Jirou said:

Lol you're crazy, you are the little baby thay cry because he's ganked. I just wanted to give you an advice, i have 300k of karma so idc what you want to accuse, just grow up instead of crying in this forum, i suppose you cry in the forum, in the game and i suppose.. In real life, for me this topic can finish here, gl hf :D

And there you have it folks...the average forum user. 👍

On 9/14/2019 at 1:38 AM, gilbertoconcerto said:

So how can you get better gear when idiots gank you? I'm asking because that reply is awful. Open world PvP in this game is some geared up idiot attacking from behind like most losers do. How are new players meant to gear up?

You get better equipment buying them from vendors and enhancing them with black stones. You can buy the decent **** you want from vendors, like Jirou said before. 

If you don’t like pvp open world, you can do a lot of things:

1) If someone attacks you, and you dont want to pvp or you just get oneshotted, change server.

2) If someone keep killing you, call some help from your guild. You don’t have one? Then why don’t you try to join one?

3) You can simply understand that maybe this is not the game you like. Then you don’t play.

At last, I think you are just overreacting: no one is saying you arent right, but if you ask something, maybe someone else will try to help you with an answer. And wow, telling people, who are wasting their time to help you, that they are part of the “problem”, only because you dont like what they said to you, it’s veeery mature. 

The PvP and enhance systems of this game are completely p2w trash, your forced to accept open PvP or stay stuck at 49. They want more players simple solution add non PvP server and the results will speak for themselves. Im at 49 and will stay there until its changed, im in no rush i be playing borderlands 3 right now so i got time.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:17 AM, Nuna said:

You get better equipment buying them from vendors and enhancing them with black stones. You can buy the decent **** you want from vendors, like Jirou said before. 

If you don’t like pvp open world, you can do a lot of things:

1) If someone attacks you, and you dont want to pvp or you just get oneshotted, change server.

2) If someone keep killing you, call some help from your guild. You don’t have one? Then why don’t you try to join one?

3) You can simply understand that maybe this is not the game you like. Then you don’t play.

At last, I think you are just overreacting: no one is saying you arent right, but if you ask something, maybe someone else will try to help you with an answer. And wow, telling people, who are wasting their time to help you, that they are part of the “problem”, only because you dont like what they said to you, it’s veeery mature. 

I have spent over two decades and thousands of pounds helping other players out. Not once did I think it was wasting my time. Many are still friends despite me moving around games a bit since then.

If you feel that someone typing out a half baked answer and personally attacking someone for less than two minutes is someone "wasting their time to help" then I already know where this ends and from the last few days experience, how this game ends. If that's a waste of time God help anyone with deeper concerns. And guess who that is, that's right, the new players I talked about.

In over 30 years of gaming I already know MMO communities are the worst. I thought this one might be different. Thanks for disproving my wishful thinking.

What you don't like is what others like, and vice versa.

Suffice to say, it is a design decision of this game to be fundamentally different from the norm and have forced PVP outside of cities. If this isn't something you enjoy but are choosing to play anyways, there are a myriad of ways you can cope with that. But asking the developers to fundamentally change one of the things that makes their game unique isn't really reasonable. You could embrace the new challenge, or you could choose to play one of thousands of other games that may suit your tastes better. But calling something a "POS" because it is different than what you enjoy is simply put: selfish.

I'm not a pvp'r either and I remember being really worried about this the first time I turned 50. In 4 months, that character was never attacked, ever (Lahn on PC). 

I was attacked last night in Helms while on a witch alt (on PS4).  I ran, hoping he'd give up but he didn't. So I turned and 2 shotted him, lmao! I still left the server because I didn't want the drama, but it was good to know I could defend myself...

• Like 1