Sign in to follow this  
morison123

Is BDO worth trying at this time?

It’s time to switch up my style from ESO, been seeing to many goods and bads on this game so don’t know where to lean.9apps.ind.in/

How is the end game?

For someone who loves pvp will I enjoy it?

Edited by morison123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, morison123 said:

It’s time to switch up my style from ESO, been seeing to many goods and bads on this game so don’t know where to lean.

How is the end game?

Tbf it has a lot to offer for a new player. Its a different experience which can be overwhelming at first and very underwhelming at the end game (with the current build)

10 hours ago, morison123 said:

It’s time to switch up my style from ESO, been seeing to many goods and bads on this game so don’t know where to lean.

How is the end game?

PvP kinda is the end game unless you enjoy growing strawberries and afk crafting things to sell.

Theres plenty of world PvP & if you get in an active PvP guild you have node & Siege wars facing other guild for territory (organised PvP) & guilds usually have multiple wars up against other PvP guilds (world PvP with no karma penalties).

Most of your other time will be spent grinding for cash/items to upgrade your gear & occasionally fighting over grind spots.

Not going to lie the enhancement system for gear kinda sucks unless RNG is on your side. It would probably take you a good 3 months to be at a reasonable gear level depending on how much you play & know about the game already. Expect to be playing 6-12 months to get your gear to level that would be considered soft cap which would be full TET bis armour/weapons and bis Tri accessories. This would be the kinda timescale you're looking at without p2w. However I would say the majority of the playerbase isn't at that stage yet and you could easily catch up with the bulk of the players in 2-3 months and PvP at a reasonable lvl.

You will have people tell you the game is dead or dying in these forums (EU). The game has definitely seen a reduction in numbers, but I would say it's got a pretty stable player base just now and there's always PvP action if you pick a decent guild that's focused on that. The PvP & combat system is fun. It can be a bit one sided of someone out gears you by a significant amount, but that's the same with most MMOs.

Pick your class wisely and do plenty of research before investing time because rerolling isn't easy and you invest a lot of time into building skill points and leveling past 58 is a big commitment. Some solid choices for PvP are witch, wizard, striker, ninja, musa, archer. But all classes have a place really. If you want to play a solid front line class then look at Striker or maybe a scout then look at Musa or Lahn. Main group support/nuke class then witch or wizard. Archer is also very nice long range class that does a ton of damage. Ninja is a solid 1v1 class and is used for flank groups in  group PvP picking off high damage support classes like witch.

It's a decent game, but you only get what you put into it. If you can deal with the frustration of the enhancement system and are happy that you won't get everything handed to you in a few weeks then I'm sure you'll enjoy the game & the PvP aspect.

• Like 2

I have never been a big fan of PvP so while i can't say much on that side of it....there is a lot of other stuff the game has to offer.  Ive been playing for 5 months and am still having a good time exploring and questing.  They are adding new areas/classes from time to time and you cant beat the base game cost...however note that you will probably be inclined to buy 3 or 4 pets (10 bucks a piece) as they auto loot for you and looting otherwise gets tedious.  

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 4:18 PM, morison123 said:

It’s time to switch up my style from ESO, been seeing to many goods and bads on this game so don’t know where to lean.9apps.ind.in/

How is the end game?

Endgame in this game is gearing, grinding high-end grind spots for silver and more gear, and lots of  PvP (node wars, sieges, GvGs, and Red Battlefield). 

This game is like nothing else: stunning combat system.. I played a lot of mmos, this one crushes everything, visuals, customization. tons of life skilling aka. professions to do to take a break from grinding and PvP. Story for those who like it and a large map to explore. 

Mind though.. you want to invest some money in the game to buy at least pets to loot for you but if you don't plan to go hardcore then you won't spend much (as opposed to going semi or full hardcore). 

Some will say enhancement system is unfair, well, you can buy upgraded gear from the Central Market easier than ever - no need to battle RNG if you don't feel like. Just pile up silver and buy a ready upgrade. 

Small heads up.. Each of three packages (29,99, 49,99, and 99,99) offer much better deal if you were to buy the base game and all the items included in the pack separately so it is good to consider. 

I can wholeheartedly recommend the game but they call me a white knight and I call them haters so take everything people say here with a grain of salt. 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777

I quit for awhile. I just started back today. I don't PVP but I will eventually. I enjoy lifeskills and making money. Sitting at 700m right now without spending any extra money on the game. Artisan Alchemy, Processing, and Cooking!

I would not recommend playing unless you like being forced at 49 to accept PvP everywhere and anywhere or stay 49 and never worry about PvP unless you sign up for red battlefield. Its fun game except the PvP for me but others seem to like it, its very pay 2 win. Really its all in ones preferences. I stay at 49 so i won't ever be forced into PvP , its their choice to lock content behind forced PvP, some say oh its not bad at all, i just don't like PvP at all.

I think the game is worth trying. The game offers a lot of content and multiple classes to play. Although the PvP is for the most part gear > skill it can still be fun at times.

On 9/21/2019 at 7:22 PM, Deathz Angel said:

I would not recommend playing unless you like being forced at 49 to accept PvP everywhere and anywhere or stay 49 and never worry about PvP unless you sign up for red battlefield. Its fun game except the PvP for me but others seem to like it, its very pay 2 win. Really its all in ones preferences. I stay at 49 so i won't ever be forced into PvP , its their choice to lock content behind forced PvP, some say oh its not bad at all, i just don't like PvP at all.

You didn't read. 

2 hours ago, SoloTyrant said:

You didn't read. 

What didn't i read? The quest to accept forced PvP? Yeah its very clear use the item and PvP is turned on from that point on or don't use the item stay stuck at 49 until you do. Its not that hard to figure out.