SoloTyrant

Kzarka fight

Is there something to the Kzarka fight that I am missing? Every other encounter I get 1 hunter seal despite having 179ap, not dying, and knowing  the mechanics from doing multiple fights on PC.

Should I not bring a Ranger since there's no down attack or back attack damage? 
Is the fight so laggy that my shots aren't registering? On several occasions my BS Rage just stops building while fighting Kzarka.

It is strange how my alt of an alt of an alt using a +15 longbow having 138ap never just gets 1 seal. The char has received the box weapon with several other decent drops while a better geared Ranger is getting worse results.

A big part of its lag because of the sheer number of people. Talking hundreds on each server every time. They need to release some more world bosses or figure out another way to make it less laggy. Needs an effort/RNG balance.

Something that might help is if you set your performance so that it hides other players. I started doing that just during the fight and it definitely helps to make sure you're effective in your rotations.

10 hours ago, Kzaarka said:

And possibly, because of lag, many of the attacks you make don't enter..

I noticed this both on the boss fight, and on regular enemies. Some of my attacks hit but dont register. I notice this a lot when using magic arrow, with the witch.

btw I run 250mbps connection, on a 4 month old ps4 slim with the latest firmware... 5.55 I believe. I also have the performance set to hide other adventurers.

5 hours ago, Rmrj88 said:

The rng is fine games 2 weeks old or 3. Dont need everyone running kzarka already 

I am not talking about RNG, really. My post was about getting the worst reward possible and that doesn't even begin to touch on the drop rate of the Kzarka box.

I don't know what anyone needs or if they should or should not have kzarkas. That weird goalpost is yours.

5 hours ago, SaucyB said:

Something that might help is if you set your performance so that it hides other players. I started doing that just during the fight and it definitely helps to make sure you're effective in your rotations.

Nope. Just more inconsistency.
You can take another stab in the dark tho.

1 hour ago, SoloTyrant said:

Nope. Just more inconsistency.
You can take another stab in the dark 

Lol sure I'll take another stab... Must just be an l2p issue then...........

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 5:32 AM, SoloTyrant said:

Is there something to the Kzarka fight that I am missing?

Maybe! So, this is sort of a theory that works quite well, but has not been officially acknowledged (at least you will get some minor rng arguments against it, but you can ignore them).
It goes like this:

There are loot rolls for different actions and you have to "activate" those rolls by doing the action at least once.

• First to hit the boss
  • Last hit that killed the boss
  • Most dmg dealt
  • Most dmg received (will be offset with number of deaths)
  • Died 0-?? times (this is actually indifferent: if you don't die, you are in this roll. If you die once or twice, thats okay. But if you die more than ?? amount you will not get this roll)
  • Kick used
  • CC used
  • Block or dodge used
  • Melee used (as a range class)
  • Range used (as a melee class)
  • Combos used

Negative factors:

- has died at least more than 3 times (this will reduce the number of rolls)
- has too little accuracy and hits do not register

Possible but never well tested other factors:

+ active time on the boss never falls below xx seconds (= you evaded heavy attacks and got right back to deal dmg or be a target)
+ amount of hp healed (on self but mostly on other players)
+ no potions used
+ never been hit or only got hit while having block up (perfect fight) in combination with active time on the boss (excludes auto attack only actions)
+ time being the main target of the boss

Our guild tested this for one year on PC and we found other people, who were testing the same. Resulted in some funny boss fights, but the gist of it is that you actually get more loot rolls.

Live example PS4:

Ranger: My first character, got all the gear, used auto shot on Kzarka, some minor skil shots, cause i completely forgot about the right apporach
= 1 hunter seal, some silver

Musa: Switched gear, same AP, remembered the theory, used a couple of kicks, shots, used all good combos, used cc, used block, used dodge
= 2-6 blackstones, 1+ crystals, 2-3 seals, 100k+ silver  EVERY SINGLE TIME, additionally but not always (rng rolls): cheap blue ring or mark of shadow, high quality crystals

==> My equipment has not changed and i did every Kzarka fight in this manner and received the stated loot.
==> There are always so many people involved, that my setting is kicking in and makes them invisible. This means that the number of participans was at a common minimum.

I hope this helps some people! Generally speaking, you should be lvl 50+ and have the accuracy to HIT the boss and AP to matter. If you have 200 AP but less than 100 accuracy, you might be screwing your rolls hard.

Edited by Skywood
tiping
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Skywood said:

Maybe! So, this is sort of a theory that works quite well, but has not been officially acknowledged (at least you will get some minor rng arguments against it, but you can ignore them).
It goes like this:

There are loot rolls for different actions and you have to "activate" those rolls by doing the action at least once.

• First to hit the boss
  • Last hit that killed the boss
  • Most dmg dealt
  • Most dmg received (will be offset with number of deaths)
  • Died 0-?? times (this is actually indifferent: if you don't die, you are in this roll. If you die once or twice, thats okay. But if you die more than ?? amount you will not get this roll)
  • Kick used
  • CC used
  • Block or dodge used
  • Melee used (as a range class)
  • Range used (as a melee class)
  • Combos used

Negative factors:

- has died at least more than 3 times (this will reduce the number of rolls)
- has too little accuracy and hits do not register

Possible but never well tested other factors:

+ active time on the boss never falls below xx seconds (= you evaded heavy attacks and got right back to deal dmg or be a target)
+ amount of hp healed (on self but mostly on other players)
+ no potions used
+ never been hit or only got hit while having block up (perfect fight) in combination with active time on the boss (excludes auto attack only actions)
+ time being the main target of the boss

Our guild tested this for one year on PC and we found other people, who were testing the same. Resulted in some funny boss fights, but the gist of it is that you actually get more loot rolls.

Live example PS4:

Ranger: My first character, got all the gear, used auto shot on Kzarka, some minor skil shots, cause i completely forgot about the right apporach
= 1 hunter seal, some silver

Musa: Switched gear, same AP, remembered the theory, used a couple of kicks, shots, used all good combos, used cc, used block, used dodge
= 2-6 blackstones, 1+ crystals, 2-3 seals, 100k+ silver  EVERY SINGLE TIME, additionally but not always (rng rolls): cheap blue ring or mark of shadow, high quality crystals

==> My equipment has not changed and i did every Kzarka fight in this manner and received the stated loot.
==> There are always so many people involved, that my setting is kicking in and makes them invisible. This means that the number of participans was at a common minimum.

I hope this helps some people! Generally speaking, you should be lvl 50+ and have the accuracy to HIT the boss and AP to matter. If you have 200 AP but less than 100 accuracy, you might be screwing your rolls hard.

There is a bdo database for all things Black Desert. There are boss trackers and itemized loot lists. No loot listed is qualified by anything other than damage dealt. Contributing factors to damage can be accuracy, position(back, down, air attack), rotation, dots, and staying alive during the fight. 

What exactly is the point of trying to theorize this fight just because it is new on ps4 to me? I can go down you list and describe how my ranger buffs her acc, lays out dots, doesn't die during the fight, and nows several effective rotations but that would be redundant in the face of me doing the same actions on PC but getting way better results with worse gear. 

200 ap? You smoking the good cheese. That is not where the community on PS4 is at, nor where the overall game is, and is not the ap or acc requirements for Kzarka. 

Again for the cheap seats;

Lvl56 Awakened Ranger in green gear, 138 ap, and just pre-awakening rotations gets black stones, gold, crystals, and the occasional item drop(Token ring,MoS, Belongings of the adv, liverto bundle, kzarka weapon box) from the boss.  C rank knowledge. 

Lvl59 Ranger with ultimate tri weapons and ult/green duo armor with 179ap gets 1 hunter seal at nearly each kzarka fight. S rank knowledge. 

The internet connection is the same. The attack rotations are the same. 

The community on PC has a higher gear level than PS4 with awakened classes. 

On 9/10/2019 at 8:12 PM, SaucyB said:

Lol sure I'll take another stab... Must just be an l2p issue then...........

The PS4 version would need a lot more content patches before it reaches a fight that I haven't memorize. Good luck with seeing issues that aren't there. 

Excuse me, i thought you wanted a discussion about why you get 1 hunter seal in this fight.

Its actually quite simple: Do the fight next time and use kick in melee range, use dagger in melee range + get an evade off while being attacked that way.

If you keep getting 1 seal with your equipment, switch classes, try again, report.

im 161/206 musa 56lvl 

180 acc / +5 crit / +4 luck 

most of my hits are Crits  and dont die and still i get hs some silver and stones sometimes... Which is sad actually 

there should be top 40 dps guarantee drop + some rng drops for the rest.. 

I was in the first Kzarka with my Witch 

240+ acc / 5crit /5 luck 161/208 ap/dp 

This is sad actually... 

But life goes on.  maby till year 2100 ill get at least one Kzarka drop and go in peace 😂

Edited by YliY

13 hours ago, Skywood said:

Excuse me, i thought you wanted a discussion about why you get 1 hunter seal in this fight.

Its actually quite simple: Do the fight next time and use kick in melee range, use dagger in melee range + get an evade off while being attacked that way.

If you keep getting 1 seal with your equipment, switch classes, try again, report.

No, I will not be kicking or dagger'ing in any fight. That isn't part of any determining factor of performance in the game.

Discussion is great but superstition and theorycrafting about a 3 year old fight isn't helping anyone.

Switching classes directly conflicts with the basic premise of my topic. Ranger v Ranger reward outcomes where the better geared Ranger gets worse rewards than the Ranger with lesser gear. 

Ha! So you did not test it out.

Well, i now have gotten 4 seals in the past two fights and 6 out of the two Bheg fights (with liverto).

Whatever you think it is, i trust the roll-chance theory. However, i am very open to adapt to any new results. That is why i asked you to test out different classes. I will be doing some in the future (after box drop), so it could be in weeks or months.

2 minutes ago, Skywood said:

Ha! So you did not test it out.

Well, i now have gotten 4 seals in the past two fights and 6 out of the two Bheg fights (with liverto).

Whatever you think it is, i trust the roll-chance theory. However, i am very open to adapt to any new results. That is why i asked you to test out different classes. I will be doing some in the future (after box drop), so it could be in weeks or months.

Your preiouse big post looks like creating some theories on pure random witch mabe doing some gropig based ether to give top 10 number of people more chanses to loot or top 10% of damaging... I know a person who got Kzarka by just accidentelly hitting it with 1 metheorite(he did not plan to be at kzarka at all that time) so all that things looks to me like not trustworthy theory.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but good for you :).

The theory has been tested with guild mates in 2017, i think. So - as i have already stated - it is a theory based on personal testing and does not have any official value to it.

I wanted to share it with Tyrant, because he/she asked about it in this discussion thread. If you disagree with the theory, totally fine by me. I do not need to proof it to you or anyone.

But i like gathering data on the mechanics, thus it would be interesting to see any different loot table from player behaviour.

Maybe there is a language barrier here, because you seem to be struggling with detailed posts. Well, keep it up. Everyone can learn!

• Sad 1

Taking some data and saying we know how it works looks like an theory of flat earth... and it always has some followers. I completely disagree with your theory an wish to summon someone with big authority to crush it to the ground... cos if any novice will try to follow your advice instead of dealing damage he will think that every thing is broken