Sign in to follow this  
mikebar28

Question regarding Server zone MUST READ!! (Class Action LAWSUIT)

To whom it may concern,

We are a group of 8 people, some from Mexico, some from USA and some from EU (spain), we are a tight group, a small family that we usually play together ARK Survival, we have never had problems joining each other on Arks servers.

When we all decided to purchase Black Desert for PS4, the idea was to have everyone group up again to take on a new challenge, sadly the challenge hasnt been the concent of the game, the challenge has been the ability to group up together, doing some research, we found out that Black Desert is not a World Wide Server cluster, but instead is locked per county/zone, when we purchase the game, there was no mention regarding this.

The only observation during the transaction is a statement that says "IMPORTANT: The objects incluided in the packages will only be sent to the server corresponding to the region were the product was purchased"  no were in that sentense states " you will be locked to your region of purchase, you wont be able to join other regions, say bye bye to playing with your friends from other countryes"  that there qualifies as a class action lawsuit, for selling a product with out full detail or explanation of purchase.

Now all we want to know is there something you can do about it, if not, can we have a refund, all 8 of us, (pluse who ever else reads this and is having the same issue) since this game wont let us group up together, ( with out prior notice of purchase )

update: i found this post on Black Desert twitter account "Just a quick PSA: If you purchase #BlackDesert for your region, and want to change to a different region (i.e Buy in Europe but want to play in America) you can do so, but your characters and any pre-order bonuses will be tied to the server you purchase the game for." What are the steps to doing this on our European Friends on their PS4? 

Thank you in advance 

Miguel Barrera

Edited by mikebar28
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, mikebar28 said:

To whom it may concern,

We are a group of 8 people, some from Mexico, some from USA and some from EU (spain), we are a tight group, a small family that we usually play together ARK Survival, we have never had problems joining each other on Arks servers.

When we all decided to purchase Black Desert for PS4, the idea was to have everyone group up again to take on a new challenge, sadly the challenge hasnt been the concent of the game, the challenge has been the ability to group up together, doing some research, we found out that Black Desert is not a World Wide Server cluster, but instead is locked per county/zone, when we purchase the game, there was no mention regarding this.

The only observation during the transaction is a statement that says "IMPORTANT: The objects incluided in the packages will only be sent to the server corresponding to the region were the product was purchased"  no were in that sentense states " you will be locked to your region of purchase, you wont be able to join other regions, say bye bye to playing with your friends from other countryes"  that there qualifies as a class action lawsuit, for selling a product with out full detail or explanation of purchase.

Now all we want to know is there something you can do about it, if not, can we have a refund, all 8 of us, (pluse who ever else reads this and is having the same issue) since this game wont let us group up together, ( with out prior notice of purchase )

update: i found this post on Black Desert twitter account "Just a quick PSA: If you purchase #BlackDesert for your region, and want to change to a different region (i.e Buy in Europe but want to play in America) you can do so, but your characters and any pre-order bonuses will be tied to the server you purchase the game for." What are the steps to doing this on our European Friends on their PS4? 

Thank you in advance 

Miguel Barrera

PA has been very transparent in terms of both XBOX and PS4 region locks and how this will affect pre-order bonuses. You can swap region on your console any time but you will have to start from zero and without your preorder stuff, pets etc. That's the policy. The information was there all the time. 

Here I quote from the website:

Product Descriptions

Packages will be applied to the account immediately upon purchase.

Please refer to the in-game item description for details. 

Titles will become available at a later date. The date will be announced through a separate notice on our official website.

Available in: North America, Europe (including Russia), Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and Korea

Supported Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Korean and Japanese.

Please Note

All items from the packages will be sent to your in-game mailbox.

Only 1 of each package can be bought per account.

Packages cannot be transferred.

Changes may be made to packages after they have been announced.

The items contained in packages may change after they have been announced.

Packages will be considered used and cannot be refunded once you’ve entered in a family name and character name after purchasing a package.

The items in the editions will be bound to your family except for Horse Flutes, which are bound to the character.

You may be restricted from the game if you violate the Operational Policy, even if you own a package.

The item packages included in the bundles will only be sent to the server that corresponds to the region where the product is purchased.

If you have any questions about the Operational Policy, please refer to the [Black Desert Operational Policy].

Edited by Rocketfuel77777
  • Like 1

The motive of my post, is due to the fact, that i indeed made another account, my account is EU, i made a USA account, i logged on my USA account, but when i start the game im still on EU servers, do you now the steps to doing the region change on ps4 properly? would you mind, letting me know how to do so.

thnx in advance

On 9/11/2019 at 4:25 PM, mikebar28 said:

The motive of my post, is due to the fact, that i indeed made another account, my account is EU, i made a USA account, i logged on my USA account, but when i start the game im still on EU servers, do you now the steps to doing the region change on ps4 properly? would you mind, letting me know how to do so.

thnx in advance

You will need actual address in the US on your ps4 that will make you to play america server.