Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vasius

New player questions

Recommended Posts

So I've been playing for about 2 weeks now I've already gotten beginner gear and I'm already level 54 trying to reach 56 then I plan on doing the main story. I just wanted to sum where I'm at before I ask these questions it's only 2, my first question is what should I focus on after I'm done leveling and the main story? Basically I'm asking what is the end game the only mmo I've played is eso and bdo seems way different so it's a little hard to grasp everything  plus everything is overwhelming so I just focused on the basics which is leveling and story as well as gear which is my next question. I chose the musa class and I'm using heve and grunil and I forgot what jewelry I'm using but it's one I bought off a npc anyways what gear should I be focusing for musa? I've heard asula for the jewelry but I don't know about the gear and weapons.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Vasius said:

So I've been playing for about 2 weeks now I've already gotten beginner gear and I'm already level 54 trying to reach 56 then I plan on doing the main story. I just wanted to sum where I'm at before I ask these questions it's only 2, my first question is what should I focus on after I'm done leveling and the main story? Basically I'm asking what is the end game the only mmo I've played is eso and bdo seems way different so it's a little hard to grasp everything  plus everything is overwhelming so I just focused on the basics which is leveling and story as well as gear which is my next question. I chose the musa class and I'm using heve and grunil and I forgot what jewelry I'm using but it's one I bought off a npc anyways what gear should I be focusing for musa? I've heard asula for the jewelry but I don't know about the gear and weapons.  

I assume you are on xbox.. I won't go into details on gearing, this forums is full of advice, you can also use google for it. I will outline general suggestions. 

For your first character you want to :

finish black spirit story line in Calpheon, and Mediah.

- Reach lvl 56, do awakening quest and learn to use your awakening

- reach at least 150 awakening AP and around 200 DP. To do so farm asula set in Mediah and pile up silver to buy necessary upgrades 

- finish Valencia black spirit story (you may need help with with 150AP) 

- reach lvl 58, preferably in Valencia (nagas/fogans) but you want to have around 160-170 awakening AP 

- at 58 you can begin Kamasylvia black spirit story but you need around 180 AP and decent DP or help cause you will have unpleasant experience. 

- Once you finish the questline in Kama you can go grind somewhere to 60 and then start quests for 1% exp per quest until lvl 61. I was already 60,50% when kama released to it was enough quests for me to reach 61. I don't recommend leveling via side quests before 60 cause we don't have dreighan and star's end to follow up so you won't be able to hit 61 yet. Unless you grind the rest of the level. 

 

That's the beginning. When you are done with all this you will probably know what you want to do next. 

 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**My post should be step 1, the other guys should be step 2, since I told you about pre lvl56 lol**

 

its a slow process up to 56 but if you have exp scrolls and grind when a bell is active stick with killing Manes, it shouldn't take you that long … also I would suggest maybe trying to find a build from BDOfoundry.com as some of those builds there are pretty good for pve content. Now as for what you should focus on, that's really personal preference lol … are you in a hurry to get to end game status or would you rather take your time and learn the games lore and what have you...choice is ultimately up to you.

Hope this helped in some way haha

Edited by ALCHEMY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

I assume you are on xbox.. I won't go into details on gearing, this forums is full of advice, you can also use google for it. I will outline general suggestions. 

For your first character you want to :

finish black spirit story line in Calpheon, and Mediah.

- Reach lvl 56, do awakening quest and learn to use your awakening

- reach at least 150 awakening AP and around 200 DP. To do so farm asula set in Mediah and pile up silver to buy necessary upgrades 

- finish Valencia black spirit story (you may need help with with 150AP) 

- reach lvl 58, preferably in Valencia (nagas/fogans) but you want to have around 160-170 awakening AP 

- at 58 you can begin Kamasylvia black spirit story but you need around 180 AP and decent DP or help cause you will have unpleasant experience. 

- Once you finish the questline in Kama you can go grind somewhere to 60 and then start quests for 1% exp per quest until lvl 61. I was already 60,50% when kama released to it was enough quests for me to reach 61. I don't recommend leveling via side quests before 60 cause we don't have dreighan and star's end to follow up so you won't be able to hit 61 yet. Unless you grind the rest of the level. 

 

That's the beginning. When you are done with all this you will probably know what you want to do next. 

 

Thanks for the info it helps a lot, from the beginning I can tell bdo doesn't really hold your hand lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ALCHEMY said:

**My post should be step 1, the other guys should be step 2, since I told you about pre lvl56 lol**

 

its a slow process up to 56 but if you have exp scrolls and grind when a bell is active stick with killing Manes, it shouldn't take you that long … also I would suggest maybe trying to find a build from BDOfoundry.com as some of those builds there are pretty good for pve content. Now as for what you should focus on, that's really personal preference lol … are you in a hurry to get to end game status or would you rather take your time and learn the games lore and what have you...choice is ultimately up to you.

Hope this helped in some way haha

Any advice helps lol and I've been grinding hex's sanctuary to level up and get witches jewelry to sell for silver which I've gotten a decent amount.

Edited by Vasius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Vasius said:

So I've been playing for about 2 weeks now I've already gotten beginner gear and I'm already level 54 trying to reach 56 then I plan on doing the main story. I just wanted to sum where I'm at before I ask these questions it's only 2, my first question is what should I focus on after I'm done leveling and the main story? Basically I'm asking what is the end game the only mmo I've played is eso and bdo seems way different so it's a little hard to grasp everything  plus everything is overwhelming so I just focused on the basics which is leveling and story as well as gear which is my next question. I chose the musa class and I'm using heve and grunil and I forgot what jewelry I'm using but it's one I bought off a npc anyways what gear should I be focusing for musa? I've heard asula for the jewelry but I don't know about the gear and weapons.  

Not sure of AP/DP requirements for helms, but its a good place to check out once u can.  Good exp and some asulas drop there.   All black spirit quests are good to look into they give good rewards/exp.  After you complete the calpheon quest line do the black spirit quest to get yourself a fairy.  If you go into your quest tab to u can bumper over to main or recommended quests and autopath to them (inventory slots are a good one).   Once u start getting boss scrolls from the black spirit get one of those per day probably the same one so once you decide to do them you can run a bunch in one spot.   For end game you basically wanna slowly upgrade/enhance your gear so you'll be better at pve/PvP....quests and grinding to gain exp/silver to buy stuff.  Explore/gain knowledge to have more energy (quests are good for more contribution).  Energy is useful to gather materials, invest in nodes for higher drop rates, or turn into pots for later use.  Contribution points used for investing in worker nodes/workshops so you can send workers out to gather materials as well as have them craft items for you.  And finally life skills if you enjoy making things yourself.  Also look into hot spot fishing....its a pretty good money maker if your bored with grinding.   

For weps you want kzarka for main, and either kutum or nouver for sub.  Kutum is better pve and nouver is better for PvP but either will work for both.  And best awakening wep is I think dande weps.

For armor pieces you want boss armor.  Head Giath/Griffin, chest dim tree/red nose, shoes muskans/urugons, gloves bhegs/whatever new piece will be when it comes.

Those pieces are interchangeable to get the 4 piece set.  Which ones u get depends on how much u wanna spend.  I dont do much PvP so I don't need the best of the best I just chose the cheaper versions...though I still need 2 more pieces 😎.  

I havnt messed around with accessories too much but necklace/belt of the Shultz seems to be pretty decent along with my asula pieces.

Good luck bud, have fun!

Edited by Lokenessluke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vasius said:

Thanks for the info it helps a lot, from the beginning I can tell bdo doesn't really hold your hand lol.

Good luck mate.

PM me here on forums if you have questions - happy to help if my knowledge allows.

Also, check guides on the following pages:

www.blackdesertfoundry.com

http://dulfy.net/2016/08/05/black-desert-master-guide-list/

Also, grumpygreen have some tips.

Some info there will be outdated but you will notice how much help is there anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...