ChilMeiSTer1968

Streamers Jumped Ship

1 hour ago, Deathz Angel said:

Streamers jumped ship cause they need clicks and bdo is dead in the water cause the forced PvP lol.

"Forced" pvp has very little to do with it. For some sure, it's the only reason. From my experience, seeing guilds fall apart and friends leaving the game, even after they claimed it was their most favorite game. Most people are leaving once they get around that 450gs/lvl 58-60. They realize how long and tedious the grind is for a few points in gs and the time required to achieve the next level. I'm ok with the enhancing system. It rewards those who have sank a lot of time into the game. But it definitely deters the average gamer who wants to get to the next bracket. They realize how much of a time sink it is, and not guaranteed to boot , and move on. Console gamers aren't like pc gamers where we might stick to just one game and one game only. Generally speaking, console players jump around from single player to single player game. While having a mainstay multiplayer game. Streamers are only jumping ship because it's not as popular as it was when it first launched. Surprise surprise. Their lively hood depends on the viewers, who only want to watch what's popular in the now. 

Edited by Jacs
  • Like 2

Black desert also isnt a very stream friendly game.most of the content that would drawn in viewers which would be pvp is actually a bit rare outside of arena node wars etc.for the first time in weeks i got attacked while traveling. which shows that many of the trolls who did such things moved on.

• Like 2

I am not a partnered streamer but I do still stream BDX. A lot of the big streamers either went to PS4 or are no longer bound by contract to stream BDX exclusively, however, there are still at least 9 or 10 dedicated BDX streamers still.