Hunji

Mouse & keyboard

44 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

Microsoft is smart enough to know that allowing kb/m to replace the controller in all their games would be console suicide. The money in console gaming is with casual gamers, who do not want to use the kb/m simply because it is not conducive to kicking back in a recliner to game and they don't want to be disadvantaged by competing with people who do use the kb/m. Microsoft is implementing kb/m for particular applications, not as an allowable all-around replacement for the controller. 

Which is exactly why for Shooters and MMO's that should not be allowed. It's unfair for Controller users. KB&M provides too many advantages over a controller in these type of games. Even if you are a competitive person at the end of the day, and you chose Xbox for whatever reason, it's BS that you would have to deal with something like this. 

On 3/16/2018 at 12:44 AM, Hunji said:

Please don't reply if you don't know what are you talking about I was playing bdo pc for over a year and.bots hack were on very beginning of the game and they manage to sort it out quick also like steam players joined bdo later and they got separated channels in the game so there is no issues with the gear, channels are locked for old players from other channels and I guess they will be merdge later one when players will get to the similar gear level .

Ps. Not every game has mouse & keyboard build in to the game 

You only be on the newer player server for a month than your kicked off.Yea I played the game to and the game has market bots which isn't as blanted.

Tendria que ser como final fantaxy 14 ps4 tiene 2 modos de interfas 1 de consola con mando y otra que utiliza el interfas de pc que solo puede ser utilizado con teclado y raton y cada uno que utilise lo mas que le guste nadien puede decir que es lo mas optimo eso lo tendrian que dejar a opcion de cada jugador 

On 3/16/2018 at 4:02 PM, The Guiido said:

Which is exactly why for Shooters and MMO's that should not be allowed. It's unfair for Controller users. KB&M provides too many advantages over a controller in these type of games. Even if you are a competitive person at the end of the day, and you chose Xbox for whatever reason, it's BS that you would have to deal with something like this. 

It depends on the MMO ESO it didnt matter Ik alot of controllers user who beat PC players.The Dev team had a bunch of high profile streamers and well known players come to their studio in Baltimore's and they had a in house tournament a xbox player using a xbox controller domanited the PC players and won easy.That xbox player wasn't even that good and the PC players are top tier when it came to dueling.When it comes to MMO it depends on how the devs create the control scheme.

55 minutes ago, Beond said:

ESO doesn't have legit aiming though, BDO you have to be on point or your attack will miss

True to some degree, tho there's still a hit box that your sights need to be on to hit the target. It's critical in group battles to be able to aim when you're trying to take out the opponents healer. Watching Twitch and videos of BDO, I didn't get the feeling that the aiming was extremely different, especially with the massive AoE attacks, which look much bigger than the ones in ESO. Correct me if I'm wrong about BDO...

8 hours ago, Beond said:

Yeah but in ESO if your target is highlighted red it will always hit, in BDO yes AoE attacks are pretty big but on attacks that don't have big AoE like fire ball on wizard and piercing spear on warrior you actually have to lead them like if you're sniping in a shooter. Then attacks like deep thrust on warrior also up close has to be on point and is very easy to miss, same as shield charge.

Yeah, that sounds right for PvE except in ESO pvp your enemy doesn't highlight in red and it is easier to miss. In ESO, you need to be on the target at the time you hit the button and then the attack more or less will track to the target. That's why you see arrow attacks curve towards the target after release. So in BDO if you actually need to lead your target, that is a lot different than ESO.

*Edit: It looks as if some are unaware that KB&M support is not possible in a game on Xbox One unless you are using a 3rd party adapter such as XIM. There is only minimal typing support for chat and such right now. At this time, all of this is a non-issue. However, the KB&M part has got some speculation behind it that "might" come true. However, It is not possible for a dev to put this support into a game at this time. So... It won't be in BDO. At least, not at launch.

I'm so not sure of where all this "cross-server" speculation is coming from. This will never will be done because of the inherent issues that go along with it. People can talk about it, or even ask for it, but that gives it no credibility whatsoever. That is not even mentioning that you would have to get this past Microsoft too, as they rule what does and doesn't happen on Xbox Live. This will never happen. It's a non-issue.

Now, KB&M is another issue altogether as it really could happen "someday". I don't think there is anything officially official yet, but there was a lot of talk last year about it with some leaked info, and Microsoft did not deny it. They even hinted to it being true.

http://www.newsweek.com/xbox-one-keyboard-mouse-pc-gaming-755725

This is the issue we need to be looking at as possible, but not at launch. If it happened, and it likely would not be possible before this game is released, I would vote NO to this for obvious advantage reasons. However, it really depends on how well PA integrates the console controller. If they put a lot of work into it, and it turns out greatly praised, I think they would say "no way" too. However, if the controller system is crap and suspected of losing players, they will implement KB&M support the minute Microsoft allows it. First and foremost, they are a business. It will come down to which will keep/bring more players and dollars. I can't blame them there, really.

I think Microsoft is going to shake up a lot of games with this update when/if it happens. Maybe not in a good way. They seem to know it would have to be well controlled, though.

I am basically just stating that I don't think Cross-Server Play or KB&M are anything to worry about right now or even possible. Also, there have been XIM KB&M adapters for Xbox One for years. I've owned two. It's not as easy as one might think to bring a KB&M to a game designed for a controller. It was a terrible experience for me and I am a HUGE KB&M fan. There are a lot of things added into a console game for control that are not in PC versions. You don't perceive them because you are using a controller.

I could be wrong. Just my opinion in it.

-SV

Edited by SpaceVarmint
  • Like 1

Keyboard chat is ok. Anything else would make the game unbalanced in skill level imo. Also ive played a good range of games. Xbox does have people who DDoS  and in Eso bots are a huge problem in that game. Definitely a no to cross platform play for this game. 

Also does anyone know if were doing mega servers(Were its a choice between Na or Eu) like Eso.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Azuki said:

Keyboard chat is ok. Anything else would make the game unbalanced in skill level imo. Also ive played a good range of games. Xbox does have people who DDoS  and in Eso bots are a huge problem in that game. Definitely a no to cross platform play for this game. 

Also does anyone know if were doing mega servers(Were its a choice between Na or Eu) like Eso.

Thats the problem though. Many of the PC players aren't familiar with controllers. Some will intentionally use XIM 4 converter on Xbox which is BS considering the advantages. Even if they aren't from PC i've had people I know say they plan on getting KB&M and thats just straight up disgraceful. Controllers ONLY. Xbox App is also out so you don't need a keyboard. 

There will never be crossplay on this game. 

Lastly, no we don't know if it will be mega server but we do know regions will be a thing.

9 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

Thats the problem though. Many of the PC players aren't familiar with controllers. Some will intentionally use XIM 4 converter on Xbox which is BS considering the advantages. Even if they aren't from PC i've had people I know say they plan on getting KB&M and thats just straight up disgraceful. Controllers ONLY. Xbox App is also out so you don't need a keyboard. 

There will never be crossplay on this game. 

Lastly, no we don't know if it will be mega server but we do know regions will be a thing.

I completely understand where you're coming from, but they should learn to use a controller. I get that it might be hard to play initially but thats the cost of them switching to console, i dont think it will take long to get used too. Im against it mainly because with a keyboard you would be able to map a lot more stuff than a regular xbox controller. 

I wouldn't be made if they made a special keyboard and mouse that did not allow people to map any more or less than a regular controller. That would be fair i think, but that is a good amount of work to do.

As long as game play is universally kept fair they can do whatever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Azuki said:

I completely understand where you're coming from, but they should learn to use a controller. I get that it might be hard to play initially but thats the cost of them switching to console, i dont think it will take long to get used too. Im against it mainly because with a keyboard you would be able to map a lot more stuff than a regular xbox controller. 

I wouldn't be made if they made a special keyboard and mouse that did not allow people to map any more or less than a regular controller. That would be fair i think, but that is a good amount of work to do.

As long as game play is universally kept fair they can do whatever.

Thats exactly why I'm here defending Controllers. The fact people actually defend KB&M use on Xbox in Shooters and MMO's is straight up insane. They don't quite get what it means to have it in a real game. Take a the best person with a controller vs the best person with a KB&M and it's gg. KB&M will win every single time. It has no place in this game nor should it have any place in any shooter or MMO on console.

Edited by The Guiido
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 8:52 AM, The Guiido said:

Absolutely not. I hope that they create some sort of in game code that detects XIM 4 exploiters on Xbox that stops them from using it. It is not fair, and is extremely unfair for people playing with a controller. Especially in PvP it will create a HUGE issue. KB&M dominates controllers. If you want to play on a KB&M go to PC. Especially with how competitive this game will be, it not only shouldn't be allowed, but some sort of disciplinary action should be taken. Many games don't take this seriously and I hope they do as it is a huge issue to someone like me and everyone else who plans on using a controller in PvP tournaments and streamed games. 

While I would not have a problem with this personally, I do have intimate knowledge of how the XIM hardware works and its doubtful this would work.

Xim actually works THROUGH the controller and the hardware sits behind it. That would be almost impossible to detect. XIM actually IS an Xbox Controller by the time the signal gets to the Xbox.

If you have never tried using a XIM type device, it's not as easy to dominate as you would think. Console games are made to feel natural with a controller and you do not notice how slow the turn-rate is or how bad the aim-assist screws up your mouse-aim until you try it. I tried really hard to get used to it and it's a HUGE difference from playing a KBM on PC. Again, I have no debate other than this is not as big an issue as people are afraid it will be.

1. There is no native KBM support on Xbox for games. Thats a myth.

2. XIM stuff really suffers because it uses the controller as a transmitter, and by that, it is restricted to the limitations of the controller and the code in the game that is optimized for the controller. This just does NOT feel natural like a KBM on a PC. It sucks actually.

I don't think any worry is warranted. There might be a few people that can use a XIM comfortable, but I've seen people do things with a controller in Destiny that are just plain scary. The guys good with a controller would actually own the XIM player on Xbox. 

Just my $.02.

Don't worry unless Microsoft adds support for KBM in games and PA declares KBM has been coded in the game and they hate all that play with a controller and want you to die. I don't see it.

-SV

6 hours ago, SpaceVarmint said:

While I would not have a problem with this personally, I do have intimate knowledge of how the XIM hardware works and its doubtful this would work.

Xim actually works THROUGH the controller and the hardware sits behind it. That would be almost impossible to detect. XIM actually IS an Xbox Controller by the time the signal gets to the Xbox.

You just further proved the point. It's tricking the console's controller and the console hardware into thinking it's a controller when in reality it isn't. To each there own opinion, but no way will we sit here and just let people exploit XIM's all hunky dory. Btw, people don't care how "hard" it is. Overwatch and any shooting game people just need to set no aim assist and turn off aim smoothing and they are done. All Top 500's use XIM on most games. This game wouldn't be an exception. 

The light should be shined on this as most people who are Xbox gamers shouldn't have to deal with this behavior on a console. It's the whole point of buying an Xbox after all. Wanna go use KB&M go to PC. 

Until then, PA needs to figure out a way to stop it, and Microsoft also needs to ensure for all FPS, and MMO's it isn't a thing. Some sort of detection that can spot it.

Edited by The Guiido

16 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

You just further proved the point. It's tricking the console's controller and the console hardware into thinking it's a controller when in reality it isn't. To each there own opinion, but no way will we sit here and just let people export XIM's all hunky dory. Btw, people don't care how "hard" it is. Overwatch and any shooting game people just need to set no aim assist and turn off aim smoothing and they are done. All Top 500's use XIM on most games. This game wouldn't be an exception. 

The light should be shined on this as most people who are Xbox gamers shouldn't have to deal with this behavior on a console. It's the whole point of buying an Xbox after all. Wanna go use KB&M go to PC. 

Until then, PA needs to figure out a way to stop it, and Microsoft also needs to ensure for all FPS, and MMO's it isn't a thing. Some sort of detection that can spot it.

Listen, friend. I am not debating you, nor am I arguing any points with you. I am simply stating this technology has been around since the early days of Xbox 360, its not that great, and there's no way to stop it because it actually uses a controller. 

So, you come at me because you don't want you're game ruined by these things. I get it. Other than the part where you are coming at me. I am just trying to assure you it will not be problematic and this thread is pure paranoia. It's experimental technology that works like crap and after all this time, somebody stands up and yells "Thou Shalt Stop This" and it's going to stop? Thats pure something else. 

Again, I've got nothing against you or anybody else on this forum. Please think twice and read my posts clearly before you go assuming I am on a "side" and attacking me. I could not care less about this odd little crusade against Keyboards on Xbox that is taking place on the back side of the internet over a game most "big title" players couldn't care less about either.

I have high hopes for BDO, myself. I have concerns too. The LEAST of those concerns are of someone using a Keyboard and Mouse because they will just find out it sucks and is not the advantage it would seem to be. I promise that.

Now please accept my apology for being blunt. However, I am just trying to tell you Microsoft and the XIM (amongst other devices) have been around a long time. If the XIM was going to ruin anyone's game it would have already done so and if Microsoft was going to do anything about it (or even could.. or even wanted to) they would have already done so.

I will take my leave of this paranoia thread. Please keep your forum-warrior battles to yourself where I am involved. I am NOT on a side. I m just informing you. If the truth bothers you. I will gladly shut up.

Cheers,

-SV

Edited by SpaceVarmint

4 minutes ago, SpaceVarmint said:

Listen, friend. I am not debating you, nor am I arguing any points with you. I am simply stating this technology has been around since the early days of Xbox 360, its not that great, and there's no way to stop it because it actually uses a controller. 

So, you come at me because you don't want you're game ruined by these things. I get it. Other than the part where you are coming at me. I am just trying to assure you it will not be problematic and this thread is pure paranoia. It's experimental technology that works like crap and after all this time, somebody stands up and yells "Thou Shalt Stop This" and it's going to stop? Thats pure something else. 

Again, I've got nothing against you or anybody else on this forum. Please think twice and read my posts clearly before you go assuming I am on a "side" and attacking me. I could not care less about this odd little crusade against Keyboards on Xbox that is taking place on the back side of the internet over a game most "big title" players couldn't care less about either.

I have high hopes for BDO, myself. I have concerns too. The LEAST of those concerns are of someone using a Keyboard and Mouse because they will just find out it sucks and is not the advantage it would seem to be. I promise that.

Now please accept my apology for being blunt. However, I am just trying to tell you Microsoft and the XIM (amongst other devices) have been around a long time. If the XIM was going to ruin anyone's game it would have already done so and if Microsoft was going to do anything about it (or even could.. or even wanted to) they would have already done so.

I will take my leave of this paranoia thread. Please keep your forum-warrior battles to yourself where I am involved. I am NOT on a side. I m just informing you. If the truth bothers you. I will gladly shut up.

Cheers,

-SV

That's why I don't bother to reply anymore as they don't get it , is never will be as good as pc keyboard and mouse so if someone wants to use it feel free to do so I don't give a .... But if there will be option like some games have it to chose in game if you want to play on server for controllers and keyboards why not, but obviously they know better that is no point no-one will play there and all that crap that is bullshit a lot of ppl I know wouldn't mind. But hey ho no-one did anything to ban it so far so gl crying babies ;) .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SpaceVarmint said:

Cheers,

-SV

Oh no you're good bro. I never thought you were arguing. I am just saying, this can't be a topic that gets buried or gets pushed aside by people because I read yesterday even Microsoft "allegedly" had plans for KB&M support. It just sucks because consoles are a completely different platform and should always never be compared to a PC. Especially when XIM is talked about.

I read your posts clearly. Either you didn't state yourself clear enough or explained it incorrectly. The reason why they don't do anything (Microsoft) is because it only affects a small portion of the community. Usually highest ELO for games. Where you will find try hards. 

None of this is Paranoia. You are 100% wrong. It is happening as we speak. Not enough people are complaining about it because they throw it to the side and not make a big deal about it. They just accept it and move on. The people who do complain are not heard because there isn't enough people complaining about it. Too many bystanders and not enough people speaking there voice. 

Fortnite, Overwatch, R6S, Paladins, PUBG are very popular games right now all having problems with Keyboard and Mouse use.

Look at what one guy said to a PUBG coordinator and his response.

5acd386cf13f3_ScreenShot2018-04-10at6_16_31PM.png.cdb79afe694848c47396d896a3feb715.png

If more people spoke about it, maybe Microsoft would do something about it. But Developers of these games can also do something about it. With there own game. I literally don't care if you are on a "side" or not. Being sarcastic doesn't prove your points either. It is a problem that needs to be brought up and not shoved away into the abyss.

Edited by The Guiido
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Guiido said:

Oh no you're good bro. I never thought you were arguing. I am just saying, this can't be a topic that gets buried or gets pushed aside by people because I read yesterday even Microsoft "allegedly" had plans for KB&M support. It just sucks because consoles are a completely different platform and should always never be compared to a PC. 

I read your posts clearly. Either you didn't state yourself clear enough or explained it incorrectly. The reason why they don't do anything (Microsoft) is because it only affects a small portion of the community. Usually highest ELO for games. Where you will find try hards. 

None of this is Paranoia. You are 100% wrong. Not enough people are complaining about because they throw it to the side and not make a big deal about it. They just accept it and move on. The people who do complain are not heard because there isn't enough people complaining about it. Too many bystanders and not enough people speaking there voice. 

Fortnite, Overwatch, R6S, Paladins, PUBG are very popular games right now all having problems with Keyboard and Mouse use.

Look at what one guy said to a PUBG cordinater and his response.

5acd386cf13f3_ScreenShot2018-04-10at6_16_31PM.png.cdb79afe694848c47396d896a3feb715.png

If more people spoke about it, maybe Microsoft would do something about it. But Developers of these games can also do something about it. With there own game.

Again, I won't argue with you, and to an extent you are absolutely right. One BIG problem is that a lot of the people angry about PUBG/Overwatch KBM use have never tried the XIM and don't know what a slap in the face it is when you realize it's not like using a PC KB/M. Some people cry just because they lose. Look at the image you posted. "PRETTY SURE I just got killed by another Keyboard/Mouse user on Xbox". That might as well say "WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!". There isn't any proof there. That could well be paranoia too.  I honestly don't care either way and do not advocate the use of the device, but people get butt-hurt when they die in games. That accounts for half the chatter you hear about it.

I stated in one of my posts early on that the real problem would be if Microsoft actually added KBM support and PA decided to use it. You are absolutely correct they have hinted at doing so.That would open up the ability for developers to optimize code for KBM. However, Microsoft has already stated they understand how controversial this would be and what kind of advantages it would create. 

Until you have played a XIM, Chronus Max, Etc. , you don't know the problems there are with piping a KBM through a Controller. It is not game-breaking. Not at all. If Microsoft did figure a way to detect this and ban people, that would be just absolutely fine with me. I just don't think there's a use. We can agree to disagree there. 

I bought three different KBM adapters once just because I wanted to see what kind of advantage they did provide. It was laughable. I sold them all on eBay and went right back to playing with my Cinch Gaming 4-button controllers that people used to call cheating before Microsoft released the Elite to copy them....

At the end of the day, I am here because I want to play BDO on my Xbox just like everyone else. I am here to meet like minded people and hopefully have constructive discussions. 

As far as this particular thread goes, it did seem to me I had more experience with some of the items being discussed and that experience led me to believe this Big Bad Wolf was not nearly as Big and Bad as some might think is was that had not experienced it personally. My only intention was to share that experience in the hopes of reassuring some worried about an unfair or ruined experience. I have said what I intended to say on that subject and am done. 

Even though I have tried them all (and think they are inherently flawed), I do not advocate using anything that would give a true unfair advantage in a PVP game. Especially one I have such high hopes for. I use either Cinch Gaming or Microsoft Elite controllers only (and I still suck).

I do wish you all the best in your attempts to gather the ear of PA on this subject, and do hope you get answers and reassurance on the mater. I also hope that the experience in BDO is absolutely untainted by any sort of exploiting, cheating, etc.

All the best,

-SV 

8 hours ago, SpaceVarmint said:

Cheers,

-SV

None of us are completely right or wrong. Don't apologize for your opinion please. We just feel strong about certain stuff.

Thats the beauty of a forum. We get to see everybody's viewpoint.

Edited by Azuki
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SpaceVarmint said:

I am simply stating this technology has been around since the early days of Xbox 360, its not that great, and there's no way to stop it because it actually uses a controller. 

I believe PUBG just said there is a way to detect XIM users and a way to ban them (the XIM)iirc as a lot of people have been complaining.

I also read that XIM can be blocked in games and it’s up to the dev. Though I don’t know the validity of that.

Edited by Darkcell
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Darkcell said:

I believe PUBG just said there is a way to detect XIM users and a way to ban them (the XIM)iirc as a lot of people have been complaining.

I also read that XIM can be blocked in games and it’s up to the dev. Though I don’t know the validity of that.

Even though I promised to shut on on this topic, in good spirit and humor, I want to assure you that Xim is connected to an Xbox controller and sends all of the KBM signals actually through the controller. Thats it's downfall because the controller was never meant to have a 2000DPI mouse slam a turn-on-a-dime and be sent through it as a "stick-turn". This XIM just flashes red (to much mouse turn indicator) and drops the "over-movement". One of the reasons it is not that great. But I digress.

Nobody has ever been able to detect XIM for this reason. The reason is that it "becomes" a controller. This is both it's longevity and it's downfall. Nothing is impossible and I won't say it's not possible. However, I would say it's highly unlikely and a witch-hunt on top of that because it's not as bad as it has been made out to be. 

Now, I don't blame the folks that don't know it's not that great/bad that have made it out to be a scourge upon the xbox landscape. It would scare me too if I hadn't tried it out extensively.

I'll take for example two guys I used to play Destiny with. They were in their late 20s and grew up never touching anything but a controller. They could carry anyone to flawless trials (for anyone that's played Destiny) in a couple tries. They could carry dead weight just the two of them. Thats against any cheater, XIM user, lag-switch, whatever. Everybody that encountered these two reported them as cheaters and KBM users. They got message after message calling them cheaters and XIM users. They thought that was so odd because both of them sucked with a KBM and were unstoppable with a controller. They hated KBM.

What I am getting at is, yes, there are devices like the XIM out there. However, what you hear is biased by people that just did not want to lose, people that ran into guys like the two i was talking about that are just beasts with controllers, and maybe 50% of the reports made really are using a KBM adapter. But... I would guess not that much because I have used it.

As far as PUBG, their community is screaming for a witch-hunt; PUBG has to say something. To be honest, i have watched the same two guys (actually about six guys but those two are crazy good) play Overwatch and it's the same there as well as Fortnite. If PUBG can detect it (which I do not believe they can) then cool and my hats off to them. It's not the problem their player base thinks it is though. Their problems are people like my two friends that would not give you a bucket of cold p... for a KBM, but they stomp everything in their path with a controller.

Just opinion and worth nothing more than that.

-SV

Edited by SpaceVarmint

19 minutes ago, SpaceVarmint said:

Even though I promised to shut on on this topic, in good spirit and humor, I want to assure you that Xim is connected to an Xbox controller and sends all of the KBM signals actually through the controller. Thats it's downfall because the controller was never meant to have a 2000DPI mouse slam a turn-on-a-dime and be sent through it as a "stick-turn". This XIM just flashes red (to much mouse turn indicator) and drops the "over-movement". One of the reasons it is not that great. But I digress.

Nobody has ever been able to detect XIM for this reason. The reason is that it "becomes" a controller. This is both it's longevity and it's downfall. Nothing is impossible and I won't say it's not possible. However, I would say it's highly unlikely and a witch-hunt on top of that because it's not as bad as it has been made out to be. 

What I am getting at is, yes, there are devices like the XIM out there. However, what you hear is biased by people that just did not want to lose, people that ran into guys like the two i was talking about that are just beasts with controllers, and maybe 50% of the reports made really are using a KBM adapter. But... I would guess not that much because I have used it.

My concern is not about the current quality of XIM or even about how much it's currently being used. I agree that the quality is not that great right now and that less than 1% of Xbox gamers have even tried it. I just don't want it to become an accepted practice to the point that someone does develop the tech to make it work great. You are talking the current conditions and I don't disagree with your opinion. I'm concerned about the future and feel the tech needs to be squashed now before it does become a fully functional and accepted feature in the games. As means of communication, I have no problem with someone using XIM but being able to game on Xbox without using a controller must be fought against, tooth and nail. I will sign every petition to ban the technology(and the users) BEFORE it gets further developed.

Edited by Jammer480

30 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

My concern is not about the current quality of XIM or even about how much it's currently being used. I agree that the quality is not that great right now and that less than 1% of Xbox gamers have even tried it. I just don't want it to become an accepted practice to the point that someone does develop the tech to make it work great. You are talking the current conditions and I don't disagree with your opinion. I'm concerned about the future and feel the tech needs to be squashed now before it does become a fully functional and accepted feature in the games. As means of communication, I have no problem with someone using XIM but being able to game on Xbox without using a controller must be fought against, tooth and nail. I will sign every petition to ban the technology(and the users) BEFORE it gets further developed.

I don't discount your concerns, but I think the tech is much older than you realize. It's caught traction in the vocal majority in the last year and people don't know most of that majority just did not want to lose. They have no idea if they were playing against a controller or a joystick. In a PC world, KBM beats controller ALL DAY!! But what I am telling you people is that IS NOT THE CASE WITH XIM!!!! It is a novelty. Some like to tinker with it, but a good controller user will own you because its not the same thing as a KBM on PC. The advantage isn't there.

I don't think anyone is arguing about petitions. The problem is you cannot detect it and it is nothing more than a novelty. It always has and always will suffer the same limitation of trying to push super-speed mouse movements through a slow-turn controller and a game optimized for that slow-turn controller. i don't mean this as insulting, but you guys are not going to listen to a word anyone says, so wish you the best in your crusade against this that is not harming anyone. This is not something new, could not be the subject of a petition, it's not (easily) detectable, and its nothing to worry about.

Edited by SpaceVarmint

21 minutes ago, SpaceVarmint said:

I don't discount your concerns, but I think the tech is much older than you realize. It's caught traction in the vocal majority in the last year and people don't know most of that majority just did not want to lose. They have no idea if they were playing against a controller or a joystick. In a PC world, KBM beats controller ALL DAY!! But what I am telling you people is that IS NOT THE CASE WITH XIM!!!! It is a novelty. Some like to tinker with it, but a good controller user will own you because its not the same thing as a KBM on PC. The advantage isn't there.

I don't think anyone is arguing about petitions. The problem is you cannot detect it and it is nothing more than a novelty. It always has and always will suffer the same limitation of trying to push super-speed mouse movements through a slow-turn controller and a game optimized for that slow-turn controller. i don't mean this as insulting, but you guys are not going to listen to a word anyone says, so with you the best in your crusade again this that is not harming anyone. This is not something new, could not be the subject of a petition, it's not detectable, and its nothing to worry about.

No, I do realize how old the tech is(I maybe the oldest person here, lol), and I do realize it's currently just a novelty used by a very low percentage, and I do hear and understand you're opinion of it. Tbh, I am not so concerned about XIM tech specifically as I am about the concept becoming acceptable by MS and game devs. If this is a crusade then yes by all means I will continue to fight against kb/m becoming accepted. Yes, I know it's a losing battle but gotta try.

Edited by Jammer480