Hunji

Mouse & keyboard

6 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

No, I do realize how old the tech is(I maybe the oldest person here, lol), and I do realize it's currently just a novelty used by a very low percentage, and I do hear and understand you're opinion of it. I am not so concerned about XIM tech specifically as I am about the concept becoming acceptable by MS and game devs. If this is a crusade then yes by all means I will continue to fight against kb/m becoming accepted. Yes, I know it's a losing battle but gotta try.

I do commend you for your efforts and my intention is not to blame you for those efforts. However, I would probably win that contest of oldest person here :D

Also, as I have previously mentioned, if Microsoft opens up KB/M API support for games, then all bets are off. It WOULD be the advantage people think it is. However, I think responsible game devs would realize this, and separate players. But, if they did not, I would gladly join you in your crusade. 

We are not there yet, though.

Edited by SpaceVarmint
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SpaceVarmint said:

I do commend you for your efforts and my intention is not to blame you for those efforts. However, I would probably win that contest of oldest person here :D

Also, as I have previously mentioned, if Microsoft opens up KB/M API support for games, then all bets are off. It WOULD be the advantage people think it is. However, I think responsible game devs would realize this, and separate players. But, if they did not, I would gladly join you in your crusade. 

We are not there yet, though.

I'm just afraid we're closer than you're admitting...

https://www.techradar.com/news/microsoft-has-no-plans-to-block-keyboard-and-mouse-support-on-xbox-one

So not only are they not willing to stop it, MS may actually bring full support. Hence the reason for the petition....

PS: Responsible game devs are about as common as the tooth fairy. :P

Edited by Jammer480
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

I'm just afraid we're closer than you're admitting...

https://www.techradar.com/news/microsoft-has-no-plans-to-block-keyboard-and-mouse-support-on-xbox-one

So not only are they not willing to stop it, MS may actually bring full support. Hence the reason for the petition....

Oh, no. If you will read my earlier posts I quoted the same. I have said this is the real worry since the beginning and NOT the adapter user because they are not what people think they are and I dare say MOST adapter reports are just people mad they got shot. A lot are.

What you are talking about now is very real and "speculated" to happen in 2018. Now, we have to be careful with the words that article uses on "no blocking". That makes it sound as if the dev (PA) could do this with the current Xbox build and that is not the truth. However, the Xbox OS is basically Windows 10 now, so in a sense, it is just blocked. My point is it is still blocked at this time and no developer can use a KBM in a game. I am not arguing that it couldn't come tomorrow, though.

My opinion on this is mixed. I think if all developers responsibly separated the players, it would be a good thing. However, that's a game-breaking gamble to take. One thing's for sure though. Microsoft is going to follow the projected profits. If they think this will win over some PC players (known to be bigger spenders on the whole) they will do it in a heart-beat. 

If it happened, and it was done responsibly, which group would I play with? I have to be honest. I would play with the KBM crowd. I grew up playing PC. However, if it were mixed, I just would not play the game. I would hope devs would realize this.

I don't argue your points on this. Only on the Xim stuff do I debate validity or the usefulness of worrying with it.

-SV

Edited by SpaceVarmint

The petition Beond listed was against both XIM currently being used and against the future implementation of KB/M support. And I agree, MS will do what they damn well want to do if they feel it will make them more money. It's not a deal breaker for me but like I said, I'm gonna do what I can.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/33748441-remove-xim-support-and-don-t-add-kbm

Edited by Jammer480

1 hour ago, Jammer480 said:

The petition Beond listed was against both XIM currently being used and against the future implementation of KB/M support. And I agree, MS will do what they damn well want to do if they feel it will make them more money. It's not a deal breaker for me but like I said, I'm gonna do what I can.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/33748441-remove-xim-support-and-don-t-add-kbm

Problem with this is, and I think you and I have agreed, there is no such thing as "XIM Support" that they can remove since it uses a controller. This is a request Microsoft could not possibly comply with even if they wanted to. Now, a petition about allowing devs to use real KB/M in games, that would at least be a valid request. 

Edited by SpaceVarmint