lonelysphinx

Pure pve servers?

12 minutes ago, Baines said:

I'm not sure what part of my post triggered you to categorize me as one of "those" people. Allow me to clarify.

Most the arguments I've seen here, including my own, are refuting the need to justify a pve only server with very tangible issues that would take a significant amount of effort to implement for a not so clear # of playerbase, for issues that can be easily be solved with just staying at lv 49, moving servers, asking guildies for help. To brush off the idea of potential issues, instead of actually considering them, is condescending/ignorant and shows your lack of respect to the engagement.

Of all the years I've seen this game active in, the voices calling for a pure pve only server is minimal. If you want this to be a thing, you'll need more than just a few stray of posters saying "hey, I only pve. Make it happen" you'll need a big enough following to get a business' attention. There has to be a justification or something more tangible than a few cry posts about griefers before anyone would consider this idea that will make PA more money.

Soooooooo your not open to the idea of a PVE server? 🤔

7 hours ago, Baines said:

I'm not sure what part of my post triggered you to categorize me as one of "those" people. Allow me to clarify.

Most the arguments I've seen here, including my own, are refuting the need to justify a pve only server with very tangible issues that would take a significant amount of effort to implement for a not so clear # of playerbase, for issues that can be easily be solved with just staying at lv 49, moving servers, asking guildies for help. To brush off the idea of potential issues, instead of actually considering them, is condescending/ignorant and shows your lack of respect to the engagement.

Of all the years I've seen this game active in, the voices calling for a pure pve only server is minimal. If you want this to be a thing, you'll need more than just a few stray of posters saying "hey, I only pve. Make it happen" you'll need a big enough following to get a business' attention. There has to be a justification or something more tangible than a few cry posts about griefers before anyone would consider this idea that will make PA more money.

Pour this man a large beer! 

It's literally 3 people here constantly whining about it, one of them even claims he's been 49 since March. SIGH

Nonetheless, its' been confirmed pve servers won't happen so yeah, we are safe. 

Thanks for your input man. 

12 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Pour this man a large beer! 

It's literally 3 people here constantly whining about it, one of them even claims he's been 49 since March. SIGH

Nonetheless, its' been confirmed pve servers won't happen so yeah, we are safe. 

Thanks for your input man. 

I am 49 on multiple toons and have been since beta and will continue to actively ask for pve server.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

I am 49 on multiple toons and have been since beta and will continue to actively ask for pve server.

I'm with you on that lol all these close minded people is sad they dismiss the idea before it's a thing 😂 I will actively ask for pve servers as well someone has to say something.

4 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Yeah, „something” has already been said by PA “no pve servers”.

You both should get banned for flooding the forums with spam.

We can talk about what we want to have in a game we paid for, that's what forum's are for if you don't like what we discuss then look away. 

On 10/11/2019 at 5:07 PM, q Hephaestus p said:

I'm with you on that lol all these close minded people is sad they dismiss the idea before it's a thing 😂 I will actively ask for pve servers as well someone has to say something.

Who is being close minded here? A PVE server would just be one  server I didn't use. It wouldn't bother me in anyway. 
However, I've been in this conversation for years before the game came to console. PA's concern and balance style for a PVE-only server is never addressed by those asking for PVE-only servers. Maybe if someone came up with a plan and concessions that would make such a sever viable then maybe PA would do something about it.

At this point you people are just saying "We have the right to voice our opinion". Yes, you do. 
You should figure out how to turn your opinion into something actionable.

So as im reading through this ive come to realize that 1. yes alot of ppl would want pve servers 2. itll never happen 3. pkers should be punished in some way. As of right now the game encourages ppl to make others game experience less fun/rewarding....doesnt that kinda fall into the realm of cyber bullying and or griefing??? And here goes the flood of comments... GO!!!

Edited by lonelysphinx

6 hours ago, lonelysphinx said:

So as im reading through this ive come to realize that 1. yes alot of ppl would want pve servers 2. itll never happen 3. pkers should be punished in some way. As of right now the game encourages ppl to make others game experience less fun/rewarding....doesnt that kinda fall into the realm of cyber bullying and or griefing??? And here goes the flood of comments... GO!!!

1. The same names spam the same issues. No clue is a lot of other people agree 

2. True. 

3. The isn't much motivation pk besides wanting to be red. There is Muiquun(sp?) but you can do that killing horses. There are more negatives to being red than not. 

9 hours ago, lonelysphinx said:

Yes a lot of people have quit this game due to horrible PvP system. If they want a thriving healthy game they would implement pve servers but not every company is smart. They encourage griefing . 

Honestly i dont even care anymore. With ppl quitting daily and valencia out now its easier to find a grind spot. 40% to go to get lahn to 60 but dayum my eyeballs go crossed with constant grinding.

I find the whole idea that it would hurt the economy laughable. The pvp server is a joke it has very low traffic compared to any other server. I already know what would happen if they made a pve only server it would crash because there would be so many people on it all the time even if there was a drop rate nurf on the server to compensate for the supposed damage it would do to the economy. 

Edited by Omnibane
Spelling

It is very interesting to see, that Amazon has now removed the forced PvP for "New World" and made it optional, although the MMO was since the beginning advertised as a pure Survivial PvP MMO 😄

The official statement:

We learned in our early alpha tests that many of the MMO players wanted more content on the one hand and that they didn't like the “Open World Gank Fest” on the other. As a result, they lost the fun of New World.

Have the developers maybe noticed that pure PvP MMOs are not as successful as PvE MMOs? It seems so, since Crimson Desert will also have the focus to PvE and group content 😉

Edited by Mihari
  • Like 1

YES! PvE only server. I'm tired of hateful bully guild picking on people and killing them because of nonsense.

Sure pvp is part of the game.

PvE server should be implemented but have some things removed from it. Such as Marnie stones taken out, 50% reduced drop rate, 50% less EXP.

Anyone one here who defends PvP in depth is the TROLL. Not this post. 

Become your true self.

Well I'm a life skillet and occasionally pve. No PvP at all. 

Yes we PvE Life skillers need a safe haven or a option to turn PvP off completely. 

One reason being there are many guild/players who get hunted by A**hole guilds/players on the daily. 

Other being killed for absolutely nothing.

PA can add as many events Orlov in rewards as they want to try to keep players coming back but that's not going to help.

PA needs to take a look at other games similar to this and follow suit.

This game will die down fast without a stronger PvE or options to disable PvP. 

This is not PC. This is console. 

PvE only servers are a must.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CM_Valtarra said:

Thank you for the suggestion, it's been added to the daily report :)

CM Valtarra

Hi;

Is this actually being done/considered?  I am from Xbox.  I loved this game until it became impossible to play and had to stop due to the endless pking that happened in areas I was trying to quest in etc.   When it was busy I tried switching servers only to have it happen wherever I went.  I even had issues with pker's not allowing people to leave cities etc.   It made the game unplayable.     

I therefore stopped playing like months ago as a result.  However I have been keeping an eye on forums in hope of some sign of life because I have no doubt that there were population drops as a result of this and I also have no doubt that there are others keeping an eye on this game in hopes that a pve only server be implemented so they can return. 

So please ask the devs to make this happen on all platforms.  I see no reason why it would not add players to the game because there are many who left due to the present karma system mechanics.     I simply am too old to even have a chance against a youth .. biology and slow reflexes means I would loose everytime and quite honestly I'm not interested in the stress of it all, but like to play with others.     

• Like 2

On 12/28/2019 at 2:38 PM, SlimTomale said:

Hi;

Is this actually being done/considered?  I am from Xbox.  I loved this game until it became impossible to play and had to stop due to the endless pking that happened in areas I was trying to quest in etc.   When it was busy I tried switching servers only to have it happen wherever I went.  I even had issues with pker's not allowing people to leave cities etc.   It made the game unplayable.     

I therefore stopped playing like months ago as a result.  However I have been keeping an eye on forums in hope of some sign of life because I have no doubt that there were population drops as a result of this and I also have no doubt that there are others keeping an eye on this game in hopes that a pve only server be implemented so they can return. 

So please ask the devs to make this happen on all platforms.  I see no reason why it would not add players to the game because there are many who left due to the present karma system mechanics.     I simply am too old to even have a chance against a youth .. biology and slow reflexes means I would loose everytime and quite honestly I'm not interested in the stress of it all, but like to play with others.     

It’s not being looked into. It was officially confirmed several times by the devs. 

Im a life skiller I loath pvp the pvp system is crap to begin with since its gear based with some skilled players being the exception. Us pve/life skillers need a haven from douche pks. Ill keep asking for pve servers till its a thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

It’s not being looked into. It was officially confirmed several times by the devs. 

I haven't been keeping up I only started paying attention when there was a poll and then I saw this .. so if you have a link to this statement I would appreciate it.. then I can just put the game on ignore lol.     Up to this point there is no official anything I have seen here and this is the first so..  any official info out of the mouth of a dev either written somewhere on this website or from some of their official presentations would be appreciated.  

thanks. 

Edited by SlimTomale

9 hours ago, Harvest99 said:

Officially confirmed it's not gonna happen means nothing. You act as if nobody has ever changed there mind before. 

Grow up. It’s a game centered around PvP with almost zero pve content. Therefore, no point in introducing pve servers.

15 hours ago, SlimTomale said:

I haven't been keeping up I only started paying attention when there was a poll and then I saw this .. so if you have a link to this statement I would appreciate it.. then I can just put the game on ignore lol.     Up to this point there is no official anything I have seen here and this is the first so..  any official info out of the mouth of a dev either written somewhere on this website or from some of their official presentations would be appreciated.  

thanks. 

I’m not going to rewatch all the streams we had since March just to prove you that this has been said by Shirna, live, on YouTube, SEVERAL times. On the other hand, you are very welcome to do so if you don’t have anything better to do with your time. Then you can link it to other “skeptical” teenagers. 

1 hour ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

I’m not going to rewatch all the streams we had since March just to prove you that this has been said by Shirna, live, on YouTube, SEVERAL times. On the other hand, you are very welcome to do so if you don’t have anything better to do with your time. Then you can link it to other “skeptical” teenagers. 

okay i might go and check if its on their youtube channel or something.     I just find it odd and CM would appear in a thread if they had no intention of doing something like that.   

I would think that if there was a comment to be made and it was officially never going to happen the CM would say that wouldn't they?    The lack of comments mean they dont want to say anything concrete and the popping into one of like a few threads on different sub forums for different platforms saying they would bring the suggestion forward means that the door is not closed.   

So I guess I'm a bit perplexed.  Anyhow I will sift through a few .. I watched their early live streams when i was still playing I never heard them comment on that they just ignored the question.    Logistically the request is not the removal of all PVP its the removal of the karma forced pvp system from the open world.   Most people are fine with things like nodewars where obviously this is expected to have a PvP and its PVP with a purpose so it makes sense.   The open world stuff is just a grief mechanic which many game developers found eons ago that people dont really like it.   

Edited by SlimTomale

1 hour ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Grow up. It’s a game centered around PvP with almost zero pve content. Therefore, no point in introducing pve servers.

RE: this no pve content I'm not sure how you get that?  There is horses, farming, the market system all of which are not involving any pking.   Fishing .. just killing mobs to get gear.    I mean the basis of this game is grinding for gear and levels not PVP because the average player will not ever be able to take part in things like nodewars.    Its the Non PVP elements that keep most people going over time.