Rocketfuel77777

Post VOA questions/concerns

OK guys, let's keep it civilized. Can someone elaborate on this? 

It seems that the road map may not be completed cause majority of people voted optimization first (which you all know won't come in a proper form for months - PUBG on xbox being a good example of how vague this term is. One patch fixed something and broke other things and people abandoned the ship eventually. FPP was simply unplayable even on one X). This means the content will be slowed down in favor of making the game run smoother. Sure.. let's cross out some content and spend this time to work on how the game performs. WHY NOT?

I'm just really skeptical about optimizing this game because they need to make it run on OG xbox which is pure garbage hardware wise.. So here is my question - can't PA just lower the graphics throughout the scale? It's obvious that pretty graphics will hinder the performance. If over 80% of player base voted performance it means that we don't give a rat's butt about the graphics right? Maybe not a complete "potato mode" but reducing graphic fidelity in general would definitely smooth out the gameplay, wouldn't it? 

At the same time, while PA works on "optimization"  I'm sure there is content which can be added that will keep us busy and won't crush the game like Kama did while we wait for the actual map expansions etc right? There were plenty of points in the chat during the stream yesterday:

- alchemy stones, caphras, add missing processing recipes that are not tied to missing regions, add missing quests that are supposed to be in the game but they are not aka "welfare ring" for example. 

There has to be a trade of. Both in performance and content. 

Any thoughts? 

• Like 2

I just want to see the guilds and forts I'm supposed to be attacking in Siege without being -2 feet from the first barrier/person.

Also pings. Please just pings.

But yeah a mode you can switch to with less graphics/whatever to help performance would be great.

Edited by Wiitchcraft
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Wiitchcraft said:

I just want to see the guilds and forts I'm supposed to be attacking in Siege without being -2 feet from the first barrier/person.

Also pings. Please just pings.

But yeah a mode you can switch to with less graphics/whatever to help performance would be great.

you ever think that maybe its the xbox and/or the screen in which you play on? I have the Xbox One X with an Alienware gaming monitor and on any given game I run 4k enabled. Please do not take what I am suggesting as me attacking you in any way, but a lot of ppl don't realize that sometimes its THEIR hardware that causes them to lag, If you play on a 60" flat screen chances are you have a lot of screen lag because the flat screen just cant process whats going on in the game as fast as an actual gaming monitor could. 

I just want new classes its getting incredibly boring 

I want Mystic for xbox lol :(

Edited by ALCHEMY

11 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Any thoughts? 

Aye. I think its total bs how slowly we getting any content. How hard it is to give us rankings? They had em on the first beta. It takes 6 months to work on UI? The system exists for crying out loud just implement it.

If you ask me, it totally feels like xbox is being thrown to the side lines while ps4 is full throttle forward.  

24 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Aye. I think its total bs how slowly we getting any content. How hard it is to give us rankings? They had em on the first beta. It takes 6 months to work on UI? The system exists for crying out loud just implement it.

If you ask me, it totally feels like xbox is being thrown to the side lines while ps4 is full throttle forward.  

I agree with you ps4 is their focus right now and they give us useless content to say they are still updating the game (wagon) ps4 is clearly their main focus and they're giving us lame excuses as to why updates are coming in slow

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

I actually agree with you on this. How do I put this, it's to be expected?.. From a certain point of view. They are playing catch up to xbox. Its easier to catch up if your deadline stops moving forward... There's a part of me that thinks the poll for more content or optimization is fixed. They can claim they are working on "optimization". While they put most people to work on PS, and then claim they are working on performance updates for those on Xbox. No reason why we shouldn't have more of the smaller content,rankings, alchemy stones, caphras Ect.. Maybe they are holding those back for "future" updates. Like the BS wagon one we just got. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jacs said:

I actually agree with you on this. How do I put this, it's to be expected?.. From a certain point of view. They are playing catch up to xbox. Its easier to catch up if your deadline stops moving forward... There's a part of me that thinks the poll for more content or optimization is fixed. They can claim they are working on "optimization". While they put most people to work on PS, and then claim they are working on performance updates for those on Xbox. No reason why we shouldn't have more of the smaller content,rankings, alchemy stones, caphras Ect.. Maybe they are holding those back for "future" updates. Like the BS wagon one we just got. 

We all feel it right.. since PS4 launch only things we get is garbage.

If the 2nd of October update doesn't bring anything meaningful then some people will get really triggered. Just give us a class and some additional goodie like 10 chapters of adventure log so we can work on completion while we wait for something bigger.

They don't understand us at all. They don't listen to us at all. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ALCHEMY said:

you ever think that maybe its the xbox and/or the screen in which you play on? I have the Xbox One X with an Alienware gaming monitor and on any given game I run 4k enabled. Please do not take what I am suggesting as me attacking you in any way, but a lot of ppl don't realize that sometimes its THEIR hardware that causes them to lag, If you play on a 60" flat screen chances are you have a lot of screen lag because the flat screen just cant process whats going on in the game as fast as an actual gaming monitor could. 

I want Mystic for xbox lol :(

I've been doing NWs, Sieges and RBFs since the start of the game. I already had an Xbox1x before starting the BD journey. I have a 10-15ms 4k TV on perma game mode and trust me:

It is not MY HARDWARE

It is the game that just fails to render the enemies, barricades and whatnot. And i play on 1080 "performance" mode from BD settings, im not a life skiller, i dont care about the view. Im a PvP player and i'd do anything to improve the on-screen rendering.

When we do node/siege and move with the ball, we approach the enemy base, we all start to walk to let the game render the barricades and **** for everyone.

The amount of time you get attacked by invisible players is too much to count. And it doesnt only apply to NW/Sieges.

The other day i was at Basilisk on Arsha and there were a total of like 10 people fighting on the node. After getting killed, when i respawned i immediately went back to the road where the fights were happening, and also in that occasion, most of the times, the enemy took litterally 30-50seconds to appear on my screen.

Thank god at least the damage indicator is responsive...

Edited by Staypunk1989

Im a PvP player and i'd do anything to improve the on-screen rendering.

I get it my guy lol, using ESO as an example I too was a pvp player....used to lag ALL the time, then I switched from using a flat screen with pretty much the same specs as you listed to my gaming monitor and im telling you there is a huge difference lol. but that's just word of mouth you'd have to try it for yourself I suppose.

19 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

this would make sense though considering PS4 is behind us in terms of content lol.. Patience young padawan 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ALCHEMY said:

this would make sense though considering PS4 is behind us in terms of content lol.. Patience young padawan 

I've been here since march 2018. The patience card has no power over me.

3 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

I've been here since march 2018. The patience card has no power over me.

Same here I've been here since the first beta and I'm getting tired of the word "soon" it's all we get from them... WE WILL FIX THE GAME SOON WE WILL ADD CLASSES SOON WE WILL DO THIS SOON but nothing ever happens 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALCHEMY said:

I get it my guy lol, using ESO as an example I too was a pvp player....used to lag ALL the time, then I switched from using a flat screen with pretty much the same specs as you listed to my gaming monitor and im telling you there is a huge difference lol. but that's just word of mouth you'd have to try it for yourself I suppose.

I have 4k 55 inch with 15ms when in gaming mode (1080p), and a 1080p gaming monitor(1 ms) right beside my recliner I switch back and forth to, depending if I'm afk or actively playing. I can feel the difference between 15-1ms. Throws off some of combos, and that is to be expected. Input lag is vastly different then the lag that the majority of people are talking about.

Edited by Jacs
Correction on specs

On 9/18/2019 at 10:11 AM, ALCHEMY said:

I have an xbox 1 x,  500gb SSD, 24 inch Asus monitor. I have a 100mbps connection, I really doubt the lag is on my end.

Lol where is tamer and valk? Not going to get them until Dreigan? Its always soon soon. Been playing since beta on og Xbox one every patch breaks something else.

#forever 49# say no to forced PvP

9 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

Lol where is tamer and valk? Not going to get them until Dreigan? Its always soon soon. Been playing since beta on og Xbox one every patch breaks something else.

#forever 49# say no to forced PvP

Tamer is coming on October 2nd tho..

5 minutes ago, Linxz said:

Tamer is coming on October 2nd tho..

Oh nice only been waiting since 1st beta, now to choose which toon to delete to make room for her, probably my musa.

On 9/19/2019 at 5:05 PM, Linxz said:

Same here I've been here since the first beta and I'm getting tired of the word "soon" it's all we get from them... WE WILL FIX THE GAME SOON WE WILL ADD CLASSES SOON WE WILL DO THIS SOON but nothing ever happens 

2017 here and I lost patience 3 months ago :D

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

2017 here and I lost patience 3 months ago :D

If you drink a shot every time they say "soon" you'll be drunk in no time 

2 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

Oh nice only been waiting since 1st beta, now to choose which toon to delete to make room for her, probably my musa.

Wait  before u delete. Maybe we get next week or on tamer release a  free coupon or maybe  coupons for half the price.  We can th every release they rise the max slots even when the coupon description is  showing an older value.

On 9/18/2019 at 8:00 AM, Rocketfuel77777 said:

OK guys, let's keep it civilized. Can someone elaborate on this? 

It seems that the road map may not be completed cause majority of people voted optimization first (which you all know won't come in a proper form for months - PUBG on xbox being a good example of how vague this term is. One patch fixed something and broke other things and people abandoned the ship eventually. FPP was simply unplayable even on one X). This means the content will be slowed down in favor of making the game run smoother. Sure.. let's cross out some content and spend this time to work on how the game performs. WHY NOT?

I'm just really skeptical about optimizing this game because they need to make it run on OG xbox which is pure garbage hardware wise.. So here is my question - can't PA just lower the graphics throughout the scale? It's obvious that pretty graphics will hinder the performance. If over 80% of player base voted performance it means that we don't give a rat's butt about the graphics right? Maybe not a complete "potato mode" but reducing graphic fidelity in general would definitely smooth out the gameplay, wouldn't it? 

At the same time, while PA works on "optimization"  I'm sure there is content which can be added that will keep us busy and won't crush the game like Kama did while we wait for the actual map expansions etc right? There were plenty of points in the chat during the stream yesterday:

- alchemy stones, caphras, add missing processing recipes that are not tied to missing regions, add missing quests that are supposed to be in the game but they are not aka "welfare ring" for example. 

Any thoughts? 

Slider or switch for optimisation sounds good, we can then choose how we want the game to run. For me i want them to catch up with the PC version asap. I don't think we will get any decent optimisation while playing catch up port wise.  

It's no different for xbox than for pc as far as patching breaking the game goes. PC has been plagued for years with broken patches that have to be reworked. Think things are bad now, just wait for Spring when they add in the cherry blossom trees. Whole game goes to ****