Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ToniSensei

What PS4 button is for front walking?

Recommended Posts

due to the bdo engine, a toggle walk is... difficult to implement so on PC you're required to hold the caps lock button for it. 
additionally for the game, the controls have simply been mapped from PC to Console, rather than being designed for console.
there isn't a button on the controller that correlates to caps lock so there isn't a button to hold for walking. although i doubt itd be hard to map it over to the L2 and make it trigger sensitive where a slightly pushed is walk and full push is sprint, when out of combat stance.

though it's unlikely to happen for a long while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 12:51 AM, Ralix/Ryn Tanner said:

due to the bdo engine, a toggle walk is... difficult to implement so on PC you're required to hold the caps lock button for it. 
additionally for the game, the controls have simply been mapped from PC to Console, rather than being designed for console.
there isn't a button on the controller that correlates to caps lock so there isn't a button to hold for walking. although i doubt itd be hard to map it over to the L2 and make it trigger sensitive where a slightly pushed is walk and full push is sprint, when out of combat stance.

though it's unlikely to happen for a long while

Maybe, but mapping the pressing intensity on the left stick is simple. Many games have it.  They should do it. Not being able to walk is quite annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 6:20 AM, ToniSensei said:

Maybe, but mapping the pressing intensity on the left stick is simple. Many games have it.  They should do it. Not being able to walk is quite annoying.

Yes and no. Games built on specific engines are easier to do so with. Especially when hey are already made with console in mind

Bdo uses its own home brewed engine which comes with its own problems. Though if they were able to map the control itd have to be a slight tilt of the stick is equivalent to caps lock plus direction.

though i see the more likely scenario being to map shift and capslock to the L2 button at different levels of being pushed. As that is typically more common when talking about the difference in button press mapping.

 

again the main problem lies with the engine they use which was built from the ground up for this game but has some rather odd limitations in regards to certain things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 6:51 PM, Ralix/Ryn Tanner said:

due to the bdo engine, a toggle walk is... difficult to implement so on PC you're required to hold the caps lock button for it. 
additionally for the game, the controls have simply been mapped from PC to Console, rather than being designed for console.
there isn't a button on the controller that correlates to caps lock so there isn't a button to hold for walking. although i doubt itd be hard to map it over to the L2 and make it trigger sensitive where a slightly pushed is walk and full push is sprint, when out of combat stance.

though it's unlikely to happen for a long while

Capslock isn't hard coded into the game or engine. 

An key press could be used to replace Capslock. Agreed, using the tilt of the analog stick would be more "work".

I am not at home but L3 or R3 could work, don't really remember what L3 is mapped to. R3 is just sheathing your weapon but holding it down could work for walking. 

 

Dont see it as important tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 4:46 PM, SoloTyrant said:

I am not at home but L3 or R3 could work, don't really remember what L3 is mapped to. R3 is just sheathing your weapon but holding it down could work for walking. 

They are saving the L3 to toggle between  3rd person and 1st person view, so we can use 3rd person in fighting and 1st person to explore and enjoy the scenery  better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...