Azael_GGO

Bug in ring menu

I've noticed the menu and other settings reset every time I go to play another game after I play BDO for a while. Come back to BDO after an hour, and I've lost my ring menu and all. The only game it doesn't seem to do it with is Ghost Recon Breakpoint. It even resets if I go to YouTube. Such a pain to have to go in and fix everything every single time if I just want to play something else for a time.

The resetting ring menus may actually be what breaks me and makes me quit this game. I know that seems dramatic, I actually was surprised I feel so strongly about it. 

I disconnect properly all. The. Time. It sometimes happens when I switch between toons. Sometimes when I come back. But honestly, I am sick of redoing them all. So often. Especially newer toons as I learn them. My Shai reset 4 times in ONE DAY. I want to get on and play. I see the ring menus and am like meh. I'll just afk craft. 

It just gets super tiresome especially since my friends say never happens to them. They don't even bother disconnecting properly etc. 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:58 AM, Coffeeholic said:

Yes. ring menu are getting reset on a frequent basis.  Many of us (myself included) have reported this, but so far it has fallen on deaf ears.  I even reported it with official support ticket, and they replied with "oh it's not supposed to save your config settings".  I kid you not.  Not many active brain cells in THAT group 😞

Check things like your Quest filter settings - you may find that those got reset at the same time.  The reset appears to hit a lot of config settings, of which the ring menu is just a piece of it.

Also, when we submit a ticket they say it's not a bug. They aren't meant to save and they will rake it as feedback. 

I've encountered this save settings bug as well. Even when you properly log out of the game your settings reset as if being overwritten by other games. Ring menu, settings in general, even my inventory reverts back to unsorted. The way I'm seeing this problem occur is communication errors between the ps4 and the servers. It might be the ps4 that's having the issue but the thing is I bought a brand new ps4 pro last week and I'm getting this problem as well.

I am currently playing on the Serendia-1 server channel and I do not know if any of the other server channels have the same problem because no one here stated the server channel they use. Also I have BDO installed on an external Hard Drive and that might be the problem will try moving it onto ps4 storage system and see if that fixes it. It's really wasn't that much of an issue til I noticed it resets if I play another online game.

Will let you know after the move or reinstallation proves to be fruitful or not.

I play on various servers, my game is installed on my ps4. And I need to redo my ring menus on a character at least once a day. Sometimes more than one character and sometimes more than once a day. 

So I moved my game into the console storage location for their application and it still resets the ring menu whenever I log out of the game properly and play a different online game which leads me to believe it is a communication error on Sony's end as to why our settings are not being saved for BDO. Its just my belief not what could be happening. If @CM_Valtarra could shed some light on this it'd be great.

Edited by Takmatt
Typo

Think I found out why our ring menu, settings, and character orders keep getting reset at least on consoles. Our consoles do not have a save settings in its save data applications section for BDO so our settings are constantly being reset. I do not know if we all don't have the save settings there but when I checked there was nothing in there for BDO which might account for why PA says nothing is wrong on their end. This is something I think we have to send to Sony.

I get that. And that is their response with a ticket... So then why do my other friends on console, not have this constant problem? :/

I already said I do bot know if this is happening to everyone because they could have the save settings in their save data application section while we don't. It is something I'm pretty sure we have to ask Sony about it because it sounds like a console issue instead of a BDO issue. 

You need to keep in mind that not all consoles work exactly the same. There will come issues that you might experience but your friends won't encounter it even if you both bought your consoles at the same time. That's why each consoles have their own serial numbers to help differentiate between console models. This is also why I wanted @CM_Valtarra to chime in on it to confirm one last time that the problem is not happening on PA side for BDO. This way we can redirect the issue over at Sony and see why our consoles are not saving these settings.

Edited by Takmatt
Sentence structure
  • Like 2

I know for a fact that the BDO character button customization and ring menu's are in volitile memory sectors on the PS4.  If my PS4 is unplugged for any reason I lose all access to volitile memory data stored on the PS4.

A fix for this is to put the button config files and other settings writing to the hard disk instead of keeping it in ram.  I have never jailbroken a PS4 before (Even though I have an extra to do a MITopenCourseWare class), to figure out functions on the PS4 or developer mode so I am unsure of the exact fix.

It seems that only one character's information (the character you last logged out of) is saved on the server, and the remaining data is stored in the ps4 cache, which is very easy to disappear.

Sooo... the bug is still there, same for locked skills, worker, character order in login screen and a lot other settings being reset every time....

For a while now i only played BDO and no other game on the PS4 and never had a reset. But recently i started playing some other games again and each time i start anything else then BDO on my PS4 and then go back to it, all my settings are reset... at this point i might actually be about to stop playing this bugged AF game.

The grinding is just horrible since the 40% less mobs, now i got into building a worker empire and afk lifeskilling, but if i have to set up all my workers and menu settings after every login just to let the game play in afk... there is something wrong somewhere if i just wanna start the game to let the workers afk work but i have to set them back up for 20 min instead of loging in and going afk

as you can see the shortcut settings are still resetting, I think it's enough, pearl abyss, they have to fix this, this problem has already screwed me up since the beginning of the game😠

PS_Messages_20200308_231434.jpg

Hey everyone! I just wanted to give everyone a little update. We will be addressing this in the next content update. Thank you for your patience!!

CM Valtarra