Shuum

Removal of Shai censorship

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

I did copy, paste from PC version because it's a long history.

:: PLEASE READ ::
It has come to my attention that some people do not understand what the censorship is. Censorship comes in many forms and does not necessarily entail 'nudity'. The censorship on the Shai is entirely unnecessary as the costumes and outfits for them are not perverted in any way, shape, or form.

Please take a moment to read what others have posted and see any picture comparisons of the original models and what we were forced to deal with BEFORE making your vote.
:: THANK YOU ::

This isn't a request to adjust the censorship, nor is it a request to make it dye able. The censorship itself was pointless as one can tell just by looking at the latest costumes released to us from the pearl shop, since the route they took for the Shai is vastly different from what they went for with the other female classes. I don't see any of the 'sexy' or 'revealing' outfits that some people seemed to be afraid of, but rather cute and playful costumes that fit more with the Shai in general.

I made this thread as per the advice given to me by GM team, and it is a subject I feel strongly enough to fight for. The censorship they forced upon us, their customers and player base, is a terrible Frankenstein of a mess. It clashes with most, if not all, outfits and costumes and has a large problem of clipping through outfits especially when sitting or during certain poses. Or simply standing in place, with the case of some.

I don't understand the need of censorship in this day and age to begin with (why not censor Tamer for example? Something of a double standard I think) and the censorship does not affect the so called 'deviants' since they would likely just grab an uncensor patch or a.. nude patch.. and carry on with their ways. The censorship only affects the rest of us, the normal players that just want to purchase cute outfits for our Shai characters that -DO NOT- clash / clip / or just look plain hideous.

I had admittedly purchased pearls before the Shai officially released for us for the purpose of buying the life skill costumes since I wanted to change to a Shai for a main character, and another as a main life skiller. But because of the hideous chop job they did with the censorship, I haven't purchased anything for my Shai. Nor will I unless they remove the censorship. I'm sure there are others doing the same thing.. as they say if they don't listen to reason, speak with your wallets right?

So all I want is the original models returned to us that was intended for the Shai. No pointless censorship, it is an INSULT to us players. If that never happens, so be it. I simply will not spend a penny on my Shai, which is sad because I do like the outfits so far if not for the censorship.

[IMG]

*Edited* Above picture is what someone posted on a thread (now locked) showing an example of the censorship clipping through their armor.

And below pictures showing the costumes for Shai (also showing that the censorship is unnecessary). Both pictures were provided by someone else.

[IMG]

Edited by Shuum
  • Like 1

Also to let you know. We are the unique version (EU and NA) that have censure applied to Shai.

Edited by Shuum

If you’ve seen the original and feel that way then that’s scary. Really wasn’t anything indecent with it.

edit: Usually when an eastern mmo changes something I can totally see why. Not the case here.

Edited by FL4K

10 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I think this is a definite PEDO Alert right here.

Comments as yours are totally irrelevant.

You only throwed cheap words without any argument.

3 hours ago, FL4K said:

If you’ve seen the original and feel that way then that’s scary. Really wasn’t anything indecent with it.

edit: Usually when an eastern mmo changes something I can totally see why. Not the case here.

This is the subject, there isn't anything indecent and we get punished with ugly censorship.

I won't buy anything for my Shai due this.

Edited by Shuum

6 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

The game is rated T for teens so it should be more censorship on other classes not just Shai. 

So can you clarify me, Why you think Shai need censor? 

You see normal to see white pants below her outfits?

I'll add more screenshots to clarify this.

Original without censor:

upload_2019-6-19_19-2-58-png.164060

With censor:

shleg-jpg.164360

here you can see also shoulders of Marigold outfit:

bd1-1-png.171670

18 minutes ago, Shuum said:

So can you clarify me, Why you think Shai need censor? 

You see normal to see white pants below her outfits?

I'll add more screenshots to clarify this.

Original without censor:

upload_2019-6-19_19-2-58-png.164060

With censor:

shleg-jpg.164360

here you can see also shoulders of Marigold outfit:

bd1-1-png.171670

In other words you want the Shias to show more skin. That is just f****** creepy. Period.

20 minutes ago, AlreadyDead said:

In other words you want the Shias to show more skin. That is just f****** creepy. Period.

If they wear a swimsuit they had better wear t-shirts and pants underneath it. They can’t show any skin on their shoulders or legs because that would be just weird. /s

19 minutes ago, FL4K said:

If they wear a swimsuit they had better wear t-shirts and pants underneath it. They can’t show any skin on their shoulders or legs because that would be just weird. /s

Yes they should wear t shirt and pants its game you should not want less clothes on fictional toon. So many pervs trying to get their kicks on games.

2 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

Yes they should wear t shirt and pants its game you should not want less clothes on fictional toon. So many pervs trying to get their kicks on games.

I’m totally with you. No child should go to a beach or swimming pool unless they are wearing long t-shirts and pants under everything. Let alone a fictional short elf. /s

i weep for the future. This is so ridiculous. None of those dresses are indecent. They show shoulders and neck. I think people are projecting their own insecurities if they see anything wrong with the original.

If someone sees something like a lalafell (from ffxiv also rated teen) and sees that as perverted they have problems.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

That is called ugly and cheap censorship applied. 

This is how it should looks Marigold outfit:

Gzngu4D.png

I don't see anything wrong with original textures. Censure only are causing outfits looks worse because you can't customize the color of long shirt censorship.

3 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

they should wear t shirt and pants its game you should not want less clothes

Nobody asked to wear less clothes..... Outfits and costumes are the same in all regions!

You have to take in mind this censhorsip only are doing Shai is wearing two suits. And not one.

Here you can see the default applied to our region:

upload_2019-7-14_9-47-43-png.167792

And this is from the others regions (7 Regions are using the default of KR and nobody cares or have problems with this, except sensitive people of our region overreacting Shai post) It's sad but the truth.

shai-default-png.171676

But Hey! Why you don't overreact about theses images? Oh right, they're NPC.... Fictional characters.

oDoKHwr.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

It might be censorship if the Shai wore more revealong clothes and then those clothes were changed to be less revealing 

Calling it censorship is more meme'ing than anything else. 

I do feel sorry for people that need to meme and copy memes in order to validate their life. 

6 minutes ago, SoloTyrant said:

It might be censorship if the Shai wore more revealong clothes and then those clothes were changed to be less revealing 

Calling it censorship is more meme'ing than anything else. 

I do feel sorry for people that need to meme and copy memes in order to validate their life. 

Your first paragraph is exactly what happened with the Shai EU/NA release. So it is censorship? But you say calling it censorship is a Meme. I’m not sure of your point.

5 minutes ago, FL4K said:

Your first paragraph is exactly what happened with the Shai EU/NA release. So it is censorship? But you say calling it censorship is a Meme. I’m not sure of your point.

I was going to change that since my post was put up before your pics/post loaded on my phone. 

I then reconsidered on this being the sort of conversation I want to have. 

The verbage still sounds meme-y to me, doubly so considering how far removed this version is from anything happening in KR