Shuum

Removal of Shai censorship

Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the original 'uncensored' models?

12 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

I just take for granted that if someone is making a huge deal out of it probably faps to shai or tamer. That's it. 

Creeps. 

Sound logic for the first one to bring up masturbation in this thread.

Censorship as a rule has never not been a big deal-the guys upstairs are always so quick to try and decide things for people based on a whim-they try to sneak it in without notice and hope the discussion dies down. I don't want swimsuits or maid outfits for the Shai, I want to not have these fugly off-gray leggings.

I have heard the Summer Dreamland Pajamas will hide them, however that is not available on console and it's like a car mechanic telling you to spend more money to fix something he broke.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Raytracing said:

Sound logic for the first one to bring up masturbation in this thread.

Censorship as a rule has never not been a big deal-the guys upstairs are always so quick to try and decide things for people based on a whim-they try to sneak it in without notice and hope the discussion dies down. I don't want swimsuits or maid outfits for the Shai, I want to not have these fugly off-gray leggings.

I have heard the Summer Dreamland Pajamas will hide them, however that is not available on console and it's like a car mechanic telling you to spend more money to fix something he broke.

Get a life. 

6 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Get a life. 

Come back when you have facts or something that can be defended.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Raytracing said:

Come back when you have facts or something that can be defended.

Well, I expressed my concern that people who are very vocal about it are probably sketchy af to say the least. Can't you really see this class is censored to prevent causing sex drive towards a character model that represents a child? Really? You are still going to defend your claim quoting lore of the character being old but looking like a child? This community if full of anime loving pedos who find it arousing and thus it has to be censored. 

I have played WoW on occasion since it released. Only in the past few years have I ever seen only pedos play gnomes. I don't have any respect for that argument and question the maturity of the people who make them.

what is your problem with the way it was implemented on ps4? what outfit for Shai offends you? Do legs offend you?

• Thanks 1

There is a easier way to end this problem once and for all. Let the player have the options to censor or un-censor what THEY see. If they want the un-censor version of Shai, just untick the censorship box. 

And to all those that have a problem with Shai showing too much skin, keep your censor box ticked. If you still argue about this after such option, and demand to control what OTHER people sees, you don't really believe in freedom of thoughts or freedom in general.

Posted (edited)

Man there are way too many people with no actual argument here. Don't bother responding to a thread if you have nothing but ad hominem to contribute.

So many things being brought up that are irrelevant to the topic. The issue OP is trying to discuss is that the implementation of the censorship is poor and results in clipping. The game developers should fix this. If they are going to choose to censor the character model because of its similarity to a child, then they need to implement it correctly and do so in a way that it doesn't mess up cosmetic pearl items which people paid for. At the bare minimum, Kakao should issue a pearl refund for any Shai cosmetic items that this shoddy censorship ruins if they refuse to fix this.

Disclaimer: I have not played Shai. I do not have a Shai character. I do not plan to create one. I have no dog in this fight but shame on all the people making this about the class when it isn't - you are the people with an issue; not OP. If you look at a Shai character model and it makes you uncomfortable, it's because YOU are the creep. You would be upset if you purchased a cosmetic item and your class was affected by this. The class isn't what's important here and anyone making the argument about the class is the real pedophile here.

Edited by Drennaris
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So what i can tell from this is that some people can’t tell the difference between actual pedophilia and people not wanting intrusive underwear. That or they’re just trolls.

moving on from what i heard the PC client will be returning to the original if thats true i hope console follows suit, because from what I've seen theres nothing provocative about the Shai’s original costumes and underwear, the overall censor was not necessary in the first place, and if it was such a big deal just loving give the actual outfits, gear, and costumes pants or shorts that fit with the general style of the clothes, not this weird capri long john undergarments.

Like is it really that hard to give a female character actual pants? 

Whether you’re on the side for the censor or against its pretty obvious that the current look for shai is pretty shitty.

23 hours ago, Ralix/Ryn Tanner said:

moving on from what i heard the PC client will be returning to the original if thats true

I'm in quite a few discords related to the Shai and usually would hear about this do you mind if I ask what source you got that information from? You can find me on Twitter or in the BDO Console Discord as Foil Ornithopter. or PM it to me here on the forums. This would be a change in the right direction in general for PA and BDO as a whole.

• Like 1