Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Baines

BDO loot boxes?

Recommended Posts

What is this nonsense I'm seeing with the most recent update? Halloween loot boxes? Are you kidding me?

 

The pearl shop is already costly as it is. 10 bucks for more RNG is insanely predatory. Does PA give an ounce of f*** to their playerbase to at least allow us to purchase items direct anymore? If I see more of these lootboxes without direct purchase options in future updates, you can kiss this wallet goodbye.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hell are you on about. The mystery crate is composed of things you can buy directly, most of which have a price tag of 10 or more. 

Think more before posting pissy drivel. You aren't even suggesting anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you tell me where the bloody outfit is at? I saw no such option for this 6% RNG roll. Unless your're here to actually provide factual answers, you should save your troll bait for another discussion. 

 

And my suggestion is to make sure there is a direct purchase option for pearl items. Although not very clear, it does not take much to deduce a suggestion from that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said. Think before you post. 

Your point was unclear and as stated they do have direct ways to acquire things in that box. 

Everything? All items? The costumes? No clue really. Your point was unclear and well buried under a threat, complaints, and emption. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RNG to "direct" purchase is not acceptable. Your need to condescend someone's discontent seems to be a clear indication you're just baiting for salt, so lets end it here. Yes I wasnt clear, now I have clarified. Thank you for your advice.

 

There was no problem before with the last event when they out right sold the sailor outfits.

My decision to no longer buy from the pearl store if they switch to a loot box model isnt a threat. Its a fact. If I am coming from this sentiment, then there is a good chance others will too.

 

Please reconsider the loot box RNG fiasco. This is a great game. Dont ruinnit with predatory pay models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

Don't listen to solo hes PA white knight

You people are incapable of expressing an opinion or think critically without having an emotional outburst. 

Nowhere have I defended this company. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I think the fabric dropped from spooks should have gone towards crafting the bloody outfit set at the venders. It would have made me actively participate in the event more, whereas it's fairly pointless now that I got my devil horn accessory already. I try to be as f2p as possible, so theres no way I'm dumping money into a gamble box for [maybe] one bloody outfit set. Sorry, not sorry.

Edited by Nepai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SoloTyrant said:

You people are incapable of expressing an opinion or think critically without having an emotional outburst. 

Nowhere have I defended this company. 

 

Listen, you may think you're on this pedestal of high morality, but replying with condescending remarks and degrading a person's discontent as, "pissy drivel" is also an emotional outburst. Put the hypocrisy baton down and hop on the emotional band wagon with us.

43 minutes ago, Nepai said:

Honestly, I think the fabric dropped from spooks should have gone towards crafting the bloody outfit set at the venders. It would have made me actively participate in the event more, whereas it's fairly pointless now that I got my devil horn accessory already. I try to be as f2p as possible, so theres no way I'm dumping money into a gamble box for [maybe] one bloody outfit set. Sorry, not sorry.

I dont mind supporting a p2p game with buying content, but this loot box is selling me RNG not content. The 10 dollar price tag for it on top of this 6% RNG tag to an outfit I am seeking is insulting to a consumer. 

How would you like to walk into a brick and mortar store you like and be told to pay a flat fee to randomly pick from a basket of items which contain items you dont want just to get a 6% chance to obtain an item that brought you to that brick and mortar  store in the first place?

Please PA, don't make this a thing moving forward.

Edited by Baines
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Baines said:

I dont mind supporting a p2p game with buying content, but this loot box is selling me RNG not content. The 10 dollar price tag for it on top of this 6% RNG tag to an outfit I am seeking is insulting to a consumer. 

How would you like to walk into a brick and mortar store you like and be told to pay a flat fee to randomly pick from a basket of items which contain items you dont want just to get a 6% chance to obtain an item that brought you to that brick and mortar  store in the first place?

Please PA, don't make this a thing moving forward.

Oh I wouldn't mind supporting them either, but I'm not supporting the loot box dynamic that games have been doing lately. If I could buy what I want directly, I wouldn't mind that as much.

I do, however, think there should be more of a balance as far as event items(ie. both cash shop and earned items) instead of JUST a large supply of paid items, especially since this wasn't a free game. 

Just my two cents, I guess.

Edited by Nepai
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nepai said:

Oh I wouldn't mind supporting them either, but I'm not supporting the loot box dynamic that games have been doing lately. If I could buy what I want directly, I wouldn't mind that as much.

I do, however, think there should be more of a balance as far as event items(ie. both cash shop and earned items) instead of JUST a large supply of paid items, especially since this wasn't a free game. 

Just my two cents, I guess.

Im with ya im not adding more money to a game i bought for $60. Let alone the fact you can only earn 52 inventory slots through grinding, the rest have to be bought from Pearl shop on EACH character. Are they serious? Lol PA must be the Korean version of Bethesda.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 2:34 PM, Deathz Angel said:

Im with ya im not adding more money to a game i bought for $60. Let alone the fact you can only earn 52 inventory slots through grinding, the rest have to be bought from Pearl shop on EACH character. Are they serious? Lol PA must be the Korean version of Bethesda.

I wont argue against this, because it's a bit of a grey area since this is a p2p game and the pearl items can sometimes provide an advantage to players who pay for items that cant be sold in the CM.

 

I really just want to raise the suggestion to allow direct purchase instead of forcing people to obtain pearl items through RNG paid loot boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 6:00 PM, Bro said:

Got to keep gambling addicts gambling. Nothing better then targeting people with an illness.

Yeah that's exactly what these micro transactions are, can't wait until the government steps in and regulates these kind of game mechanics. Its coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

Yeah that's exactly what these micro transactions are, can't wait until the government steps in and regulates these kind of game mechanics. Its coming.

Regulations just mean taxes. 

I don't knoe why you ppl imply the government would treat this form of gambling different from all the other legal forms of gambling. 

 

Imagine playing a game this heavily into rng and crying about random chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SoloTyrant said:

Regulations just mean taxes. 

I don't knoe why you ppl imply the government would treat this form of gambling different from all the other legal forms of gambling. 

 

Imagine playing a game this heavily into rng and crying about random chance

Lol i was talking about the monetization that's in gaming industry right now, and yes the government can make them take itout. Just sit back and watch what happens in the next 6 months, these publishers are going to lose their minds lol. You say heavily into rng doesn't that sound like gambling, your sure a smart one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

Lol i was talking about the monetization that's in gaming industry right now, and yes the government can make them take itout. Just sit back and watch what happens in the next 6 months, these publishers are going to lose their minds lol. You say heavily into rng doesn't that sound like gambling, your sure a smart one.

I agree they shouldn't have loot boxes in exchange for pearls that's what some governments are against but they're okay with you pay exactly for what you want no chance involved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...