Coffeeholic

Weapon enhancement broken

This just happened to me:

• Had DUO level Sura Katana.
  • ... which mysteriously turned itself into a PRI.  While equipped.  (wtf?)
  • I enhanced it back to DUO, while wondering what on earth happened.
  • I then went on to enhance it to TRI.   ...
  • The Enhancement SUCCEEDED (after much failstacking and enhance attempts)
  • ... but afterwards I still had a DUO level katana.  The item DID NOT ENHANCE.

So now i'm out about 100 stones used to build failstacks, plus cost of failstacking mats,  and most of my concentrated black weapon stones.

Additional data point, I realized later:

I had a pair of +14 rocaba boots I was using to build failstacks,.  They went to +15.  I went to cleanse them.  The first time I cleansed them, the cleansing appeared to work -- it made the appropriate sound effects/animation -- but I realized a moment later that the boots were still +15.  I thought this odd but assumed I had just closed the dialog panel too quickly or some such and it  hadn't really completed . So I went back and cleansed them again, which worked the second time.  I didn't give it any more thought at the time.

I enchanted an item in my bags, using the failstacks I had just built up.   Just after this  was when I noticed that my equipped katana was in a mysterious state, and I went through the process described in original message.

It occurs to me now that possibly the first cleansing did in fact do something: slipped a gear and nuked the wrong item in my inventory.  An item that was not even a legitimate target for cleansing (being equipped, and not a +15 item).  Leaving said item in a damaged state in the database, which might have then led to the subsequent issues.

This is just speculation, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

Hi @Coffeeholic,

im thinking of you while I drink a nice cup of coffee right now :D. Maybe thats a lag issue, it happens to me some times around 1-2 AM when my internet is unstable Oo. Dunno wheres to problem here, but it would be nice to know which "System-Message" you got in chatwindow right after enhancing. I would try to open a ticket #customersupport on official BDO site console.blackdesert.......

They could look into this problem even further.

Note: Ticket must be placed within 15 days ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lipty said:

Oo. Dunno wheres to problem here, but it would be nice to know which "System-Message" you got in chatwindow right after enhancing. I would try to open a ticket #customersupport on official BDO site console.blackdesert.......

They could look into this problem even further.

Note: Ticket must be placed within 15 days ;)

Hi @Lipty -

I did open a ticket, but no satisfaction so far.  The people there are ... mind bogglingly dense.  Pearl Abyss really needs to fire that group and hire real customer support!

They don't seem to find anything odd that an equipped DUO item should mysteriously downgrade itself into a PRI item.  Without me doing a thing to it. 

They don't seem to find it odd that my item should be PRI, even though I bought it from  the central market as a DUO item, and it has been DUO for the entire time I've owned it.

They do see where I repaired  it to DUO, but stubbornly ignore the point that it should not have been a PRI item to begin with.  They tell me that I upgraded it to DUO as if that was somehow news to me.

They also stubbornly ignore that when I tried to take it a step further (enhancing to TRI), that even though the system gave me a success message, and used up another of my Advice of Valks and failstacks, but did not give me a new item.  "We don't see any record of an item being enhanced to TRI".  Duh! That's the point! Give me my TRI item, or give me back the advice of valks and stones than just vanished into thin air.

VERY frustrating.

This is the same group that told me that it was perfectly normal for all of your ring menu bindings and config settings to be reset nearly every time you log in - the system isn't supposed to  save your settings, y'know.  Yeah they actually told me that.

@CM_Valtarra:  sincere apologies for directly dragging you into this.  But do you have any influence where customer support is concerned, or even the ability to report to the parent company how badly their US customer support is doing their job?

• Thanks 1

Hi coffeeholic! I will definitely send this exact post over to headquarters tonight. Also, please send me a DM and let me know how long this has been going on for, what your email address, family name, and character name is that the gear was on. Also, if you know the day and around what time it happened that would be super helpful! I leave the office in 20 minutes but when I get in tomorrow morning, I'll get right on it.

Thank you for reaching out,

CM Valtarra

I will make an amendment here.  I had written:

They also stubbornly ignore that when I tried to take it a step further (enhancing to TRI), that even though the system gave me a success message, and used up another of my Advice of Valks and failstacks, but did not give me a new item.  "We don't see any record of an item being enhanced to TRI". 

OK.  There is  a real possibility that after I started all my enhancement attempts, it dropped from DUO down to PRI and then went back up to DUO, misleading me into thinking I had gotten a TRI item.  The system did not give  any indication of a catastrophic failure occurring.  All I saw was a couple of ordinary failures and then a success.  But I don't know what the system  does on catastrophic failures - if it gives no indication at all then maybe this could have happened.  So perhaps there is a bit of cockpit error here.  I'll concede that part.

That still leaves me scratching my head as to how the thing initially became a PRI item to begin with ... while it was equipped no less. Support insists that it was due to enhancement fallure, while ignoring that I had never tried to enhance it when I first noticed the problem.  All such attempts were after the fact.

Someone told me I should have captured a video at the time.  Good idea, wish I'd thought of it then!

Unfortunately without such a video I can't prove the case.  So I give up.  I can't prove the case and I'm tired of dealing with a customer support group that makes no effort anyway (and their habit of sending you responses in emails that do not include valid reply addresses is really rude!).

OK.  Enough grousing.  I now return you to your regularly scheduled player killing 🙂 ... and the advice to grab videos immediately on odd events.. 

On 11/5/2019 at 3:01 PM, Coffeeholic said:

VERY frustrating.

This is the same group that told me that it was perfectly normal for all of your ring menu bindings and config settings to be reset nearly every time you log in - the system isn't supposed to  save your settings, y'know.  Yeah they actually told me that.

@CM_Valtarra:  sincere apologies for directly dragging you into this.  But do you have any influence where customer support is concerned, or even the ability to report to the parent company how badly their US customer support is doing their job?

They do like to say that or similar bizarre non answers, IF they answer at all that is.lol

No, it isn't supposed to reset every day. We had the same issues on xbox and it took a few months to clear up. They are working on a solution for PS as well. If you see anything that seems to trigger the issue let us know and I'll pass the info along so it can be brought to the devs attention.

Thanks for the reaching out,

CM Valtarra