ToniSensei

TET and PEN

The price of TETRA and PENTA is very expensive. How do you get enough money to buy them? Where are the bullion of 1000 million? I've been playing for 2 months and I haven't seen one. Thanks.

once you get playing for a while you will get there .im on xbox i been playing since release i make close to 100million just little over a hour at a time from hotpost   fishing .LEVEL UP YOUR LIFE SKILLING . Sorry caps

13 hours ago, ToniSensei said:

The price of TETRA and PENTA is very expensive. How do you get enough money to buy them? Where are the bullion of 1000 million? I've been playing for 2 months and I haven't seen one. Thanks.

The most common and most reliable method of active  money making is grind. 
Proper grinding happens when you one shot packs of mobs and move on to next one (your AP and accuracy decides here). You also need pets.

Read up on grind spots, what is reasonable to grind and what is not - plenty of guides online. You don't need to be a hardcore player to make 1 bil a week. 

Or, like champs said, life skills. I have no idea about this but gathering can net you good money too. 

Remember, black desert is a time devour, in order to make money you need to put few hours of grind/gathering a day to see the silver coming. 

Pen is  a luxury thing mostly. Even those who play PC for years rarely got any. Ofc its not impossible but its also far behind the casual fun gameplay.

Tets just need some more content we lack atm. Next grinding area, more buffs etc, and tet prices wont struggle you or anyone else anymore.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 5:34 PM, champs said:

once you get playing for a while you will get there .im on xbox i been playing since release i make close to 100million just little over a hour at a time from hotpost   fishing .LEVEL UP YOUR LIFE SKILLING . Sorry caps

No you don't stop lying. If you made 100m just in just over an hour then literally everyone would just hotspot fish because it would be the best hourly income in the game.

15 hours ago, OKAYIGETITNOW said:

No you don't stop lying. If you made 100m just in just over an hour then literally everyone would just hotspot fish because it would be the best hourly income in the game.

Although people always inflate their earnings and don’t add in other considerations like costs and time added (with fishing a return trip to Valencia to hand the fish in is like 45mins or more, which cuts into the real earnings ph a lot)

having said that fishing is a good option for a break from the grind and his numbers won’t be too far off as I’m on PS4 I’m behind his progression and I earn 15 million an hour from fishing using a normal rod and no desert buff and only professional 7, If he uses triple cast rod and energy he’ll probably get 30 mill an hour (guesstimate) run that to Valencia pick up the trading buff and he’s close to 90 mil, however also remember people post their good results for example there are times where I have little luck finding hotspots and that 15 mil takes me 90 minutes.We got the desert buff yesterday so I’m going to be doing a mix of hotspot fishing and grinding going forward,. 

TLDR: With the right setup and a good run 100 mil is possible, factor in journey times and occasionally bad runs it may be around 70 mil PH average

39 minutes ago, Bloodmyth said:

Although people always inflate their earnings and don’t add in other considerations like costs and time added (with fishing a return trip to Valencia to hand the fish in is like 45mins or more, which cuts into the real earnings ph a lot)

having said that fishing is a good option for a break from the grind and his numbers won’t be too far off as I’m on PS4 I’m behind his progression and I earn 15 million an hour from fishing using a normal rod and no desert buff and only professional 7, If he uses triple cast rod and energy he’ll probably get 30 mill an hour (guesstimate) run that to Valencia pick up the trading buff and he’s close to 90 mil, however also remember people post their good results for example there are times where I have little luck finding hotspots and that 15 mil takes me 90 minutes.We got the desert buff yesterday so I’m going to be doing a mix of hotspot fishing and grinding going forward,. 

TLDR: With the right setup and a good run 100 mil is possible, factor in journey times and occasionally bad runs it may be around 70 mil PH average

Except he's basically lying through his teeth and giving a unrealistic number.

There's very knowledgeable people who do this method and explain exactly how they do it in other threads. These people are saying they make 120-140m every 3 hours. So you can say they make approximately 40-47m an hour doing hotspot fishing using the trade method with triple float rods. How can this random person be making 2-3 times the amount of money that these players make?

I'm not saying hotspot is a bad way to make money it's obviously decent and is a welcome break from the grind, but I can't stand when people make ridiculous claims or videos about making money in this game.

So i just made a spread sheet to calculate this. With a maximum inventory space of 192 slots you would need to sell every fish at 520 833,3 Silver and you would need to catch 3.2 fish every minute(sounds doable sure, but not worth 500k per). that coupled in with travel time makes the statement of 100m per hour unrealistic. To get fish worth 500k let alone normal players who don't pump cash into the game having 192 inventory slots is nonsense. If you do fish, aim at like 10 - 25 m per hour, anything above that is a bonus, 4 hours a day excl travel could get you 100m+ MAYBE if the buff even applies to imperial hand ins, if it doesn't you wont see numbers as high as 100m. ill test it with my guild and see what the results are.

About lifeskilling:

People who say I make XXX million silver an hour by any other means than efficient grind will never tell you the entire truth cause they would lose the advantage. You have to figure the most important things yourself based on your market situation. 

People will tell you that gathering gives good money but they won't tell you exactly what they gather and sell and what they process and sell cause people will undercut each other and the method will turn to sh**. 

About the grind:

Grinding and deciding what to do with drops is also crucial. Remember that when a grind spot says X million silver an hour it depicts the value of all the items you drop as if you were to sell them all to the MP. it's called "sell the kitchen sink" calculation. Getting 3k trash per hour at manshaums will net you 24m an hour which is alright but only by adding the price of other drops will you actually know how much silver per hour particular the spot gives. 

the console market seems to be not well managed and honestly the NPC prices for buying goods is not that great compared to market demand for crafting materials, or high enhanced equipment.