Krystal Moon

Hiding other players

So the game naturally has a 'hide other players' button, the issue with it is that it only hides them 'in certain situations'. I walk into any town and despite having this on, every player appears, and I lag terribly, the setting needs to be changed to hide them regardless, which if I remember correctly the PC version does. Now some of you might say how will I see people for PvP then, or you need to be able to see people, my answer is there could be 2 settings, the current one, to hide in certain situations and one to hide them all the time regardless.

Note - even with hide players and character optimization on, everyone still appears in towns for me, world bosses are basically impossible because I can't see anything as well as the lag from all the other people on screen (which the setting should remove in that situation)

1 hour ago, DankTrees said:

It doesnt even work most of the time at world boss its broken.

Yeah I know, that's why I put that extra note bit at the end. Even if they don't add a option for all the time, hopeful they fix the current option soon, I heard they are suppose to be lowering the amount of people the setting activates on, I think currently it's 30 or 50. 

8 hours ago, Valderama said:

Do you know that?

The option is currently at 80 players. This is far too high and would have to be lower adjustable. In Tera online, for example, there is a similar function, here you can set the number yourself.

I knew it was number based but I thought it was lower than 80. I have issues at Kzarka too. I definitely think your idea of choosing the number yourself would be very beneficial, as long as it allowed for you to specify a number that always hid them. 

Thank you for the suggestion @Krystal Moon! I sent this to the devs last night. 

CM Valtarra

On 11/30/2019 at 5:08 PM, Krystal Moon said:

So the game naturally has a 'hide other players' button, the issue with it is that it only hides them 'in certain situations'. I walk into any town and despite having this on, every player appears, and I lag terribly, the setting needs to be changed to hide them regardless, which if I remember correctly the PC version does. Now some of you might say how will I see people for PvP then, or you need to be able to see people, my answer is there could be 2 settings, the current one, to hide in certain situations and one to hide them all the time regardless.

Note - even with hide players and character optimization on, everyone still appears in towns for me, world bosses are basically impossible because I can't see anything as well as the lag from all the other people on screen (which the setting should remove in that situation)