Gameflow

PVE Only Servers? Any future plans?

Everyone I know on PS4 has stopped playing Black Desert for over a month now. Everyone. I log on here and there but dont stay on long enough to do much at all. I was having fun playing with friends.

The issue seems to be that pretty much everyone I talk to have run into more powerful players and have taken losses in one way or another. One friend kept getting killed by other players while fishing. Another was getting attacked while carrying goods from one area to another. Some friends mentioned getting attacked constantly while trying to afk travel. A few friends told me they were getting killed by a group of powerful players while waiting for a boss fight... apparently a group of players can be powerful enough to wipe out an entire boss fight area worth of players. These are just the results of this level of pay to win.

I had my fights with other players but not to any extreme extent. I never really lost much through PvP encounters. Now every time I try to convince a buddy to get on and play, they always ask me the same question: Are there PvE only servers? Im not really in the loop so I figured id ask here...

• Like 2

It’s pretty simple the games is not for them 

you are playing a game where the end goal and end game is pvp game 

you don’t play street fighter or Tekken for the story you play it for the 1v1 fighting same thing goes for bdo and if your friends just want to pve make a lvl49 and don’t go pass it no one will be able to kill you 

also if your friend is getting killed fishing well he just wasn’t in a safe zone 

and if even then they don’t want to play 

don’t let that stop you from playing and stop trying to convince them to play something that’s going to tilt them 

ps: Pve only severs will never be a thing in bdo 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This question has been already discussed many times in the XBox forum and none of the GM ever reacted in the forum to this question. Also the suggestions for PvE servers has been never forwarded from a GM to the developers. I think, the GMs has an order from PA not to react to this question.

The only reaction we ever got to this topic is, that in a live stream Shirna or Trent shortly mentioned that PvE servers will never come to the game.

If you are interested into a PvE MMORPG, you can wait for Crimson Desert. Maybe in Crimson Desert we will have PvE server, since the focus of the new MMORPG is PVE and Group content. That has been already confirmed by PA.

• Like 1

They have said in streams pve servers will never happen  so yes they have addressed it a few times actually 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 11:18 PM, Gameflow said:

Everyone I know on PS4 has stopped playing Black Desert for over a month now. Everyone. I log on here and there but dont stay on long enough to do much at all. I was having fun playing with friends.

The issue seems to be that pretty much everyone I talk to have run into more powerful players and have taken losses in one way or another. One friend kept getting killed by other players while fishing. Another was getting attacked while carrying goods from one area to another. Some friends mentioned getting attacked constantly while trying to afk travel. A few friends told me they were getting killed by a group of powerful players while waiting for a boss fight... apparently a group of players can be powerful enough to wipe out an entire boss fight area worth of players. These are just the results of this level of pay to win.

I had my fights with other players but not to any extreme extent. I never really lost much through PvP encounters. Now every time I try to convince a buddy to get on and play, they always ask me the same question: Are there PvE only servers? Im not really in the loop so I figured id ask here...

No PvE servers. Confirmed by PA numerous times. 
If you run into stronger players doesn't mean they are pay to win. For casuals who never crossed actual mid game progression everyone who kicks their butt is P2W while it's not true anymore. Pay to win whales are closing 600 gs progression while regular players slowly catch up and reach 550-560 gs. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I read you seem to be a casual right? Show us your gear and we'll tell you if you get beaten by p2w or just geared players.

• Like 2

Hey everyone

I appreciate the replies, thank you for the info. My gear is nothing special, I only brought one character, a sorc, to lvl56 and got the awakening weapon. Got her a grunil set and parked her.

I messed with pretty much every character available, put in some decent time with em, and got into life skills while my buddies were around. I kept my life skill characters under 50, kinna made sense at the time... got my fishing and farming to artisan. I wanted to keep going with alchemy and trading but I was pretty much running solo by then and things got boring.

Like I mentioned, I never really had any crazy experiences with PvP encounters, it is what it is, win some loose some. Just, everyone I know... like everyone I got into BD with walked away just cause of no PvE only server. I suppose it wasnt for them.

The P2W comment was in regards to an incident my buddy was talking about, how a handful of players were wiping a boss area full of players. I never really saw anything like that but then again I only did about few boss fights myself.

Its whatever, still a fun game, but def better with friends.

Thanks for the info!

I have been killed like 3 times in the many hours I have played, just change channel and move along it’s not really a reason to stop playing 

• Like 2

I don’t think players who request pve server know how toxic they will be 

I’ll give one example 

on the servers we have now if you are grinding as a set location and specific spot if some one chooses to invade you you can 1v1 them for it you can straight up  killed them or just change severs 

now can you inmage on a pve sever if no one could die you’d be grinding in a spot and there would be 3-4-5 other players ruined your grind and you can’t do anything about it you’d get pushed out of every spot by guilds and just trolled. and the one option you have to show dominance that is pvp to push some one away you don’t have 

not to mention a **** ton of other problems pve servers create in a pvp game that players aren’t aware of or dont  think about 

dont forget you are playing a game that’s main focus and end game is pvp so you have to expect pvp and pk all the time don’t complain when you know what you signed up for 

I'm all for a pve only server.

I play this game to life skill and am getting fed up with being killed while tending my crops or autopathing to my destination.

PvE server would be a wonderful choice.

Thanks PA for being great and I hope this can become a thing in the near future.

• Like 2

Pve server characters should be locked out of pvx servers so the great pvpers have nothing to fear from people that dont care about pvp in the first place.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I keep seeing the words "it will decide the community" the community already is divided. The thing is thst right now the one half is forced to get PKed and or abused by players who find it entertaining to target people for no Reason causing discomfort in game play. 

community

[ kuh-myoo-ni-tee ]SHOW IPA

noun, plural com·mu·ni·ties.

-a social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.
-a locality inhabited by such a group.
-a social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing common characteristics or interests and perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists (usually preceded by the😞the business community; the community of scholars.
-a group of associated nations sharing common interests or a common heritage:the community of Western Europe.
-Ecclesiastical. a group of men or women leading a common life according to a rule.
-Ecology. an assemblage of interacting populations occupying a given area.

This is a community. Common goals or interests. It does not feel like a community.

Edited by Harvest99
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Lol imagine the grind on a pve server where you can't kill what would it be 1 mob per person wait for respawn kill again lol but as I have said before if you wanna know what's coming look to pc and as it stands Korean and na/eu pc play for pvp they are coming out with  crimson desert which has more pve but other than that pve won't be coming as said in many streams 

Edited by Bakedcanuck
Spelling
  • Haha 1