Sign in to follow this  
Dr INF3RNO

Future content - New update policy

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, 

been a while since i posted a topic that's not related to alchemy stones, btw big kudos to the team who managed to bring us Alchemy stones right before the holidays ❤️ It personally helped me reach my goals without wasting precious time and needless frustration. Thanks!

The 07/01/20 Xbox stream was a bit troublesome for me. for those who don't know, Our CMs reported that for the next few months we're going to get less frequent updates due to a yearly certification process with Microsoft. Standard stuff.

Our current build is obviously far from being what it should be in terms of real content (FYI classes arn't content.) and less frequent updates means we're going to have to wait longer for actual content. 

Here's a top list of content I'm personally expecting to see in the near future and why:

1. "Potato mode" - This is less of a content category but it is crucial for us to have since it will essentially allow us to reduce the graphic quality in exchange for better frame rates and faster rendering. a super important update since our consoles can barely handle PvP OF 20 players on screen left alone 100v100 guild battles or (i assume) sea content.

2. Sea content - By far my most wanted content pack. This will allow us to build formidable ships to sail in the big sea and hunt ghost ships and various monsters. I really hate the time wasted sailing on a fishing boat while fishing in the sea.. it physically hurts me and i would love to be able to sail quickly in the seas. Plus it would make hunting whales much more enjoyable and the biggest plus in my opinion is the chance to get another ranking in the lifeskills tree. If not the entire sea content we should at least get the boats and its parts to build and enhance before the full update. It needs to be mentioned that PC had said update before Kamasylvia came.

3. New imperial system + 1/2 CP imperial- hardcore cooks are able to dish out A LOT of meals into the market resulting in a steep dive in the price and a few thousands of meals are sitting on min price for weeks. This is bad for the economy overall since not enough silver is flowing in and out reducing purchases of other materials etc. the new imperial system on PC allows you to box said meals and much, much more recipes into boxes and sell them to the NPC for a certain price. Our current system is very LIMITED along with only 1/3 of the max cp can be sold as boxes instead of the usual 1/2. I'm not sure why for so long were only able to turn in 1/3 of our total CP in boxes but Imperial delivery legitimately has to be updated to 1/2 of max CP ASAP ! 

4. T8/T9 mounts - This, along with sea content ties together to the potato mode update since without the the ability to reduce graphic quality we will run into endless rendering walls while traveling. T8s are much faster mounts from what we currently have with various skills that allow you to reach your destination quicker. T9 are "legendary" mounts like unicorns that have special abilities like sprinting through the desert/gliding and mount attacks. I personally would love to be able to zoom around the map since every location has something different to offer and i'd like to experience it all.

5. Caphras stones - A boost to gear stats via caphras enhancing. Can be gained via gathering which would make it much more profitable than it is now. In the current state of the game there's little to no incentive to spend hours upon hours of gathering. It's simply not profitable, let alone fun or engaging to do.

6. Manos - A rather big update to lifeskills as a whole. To be completely honest i don't think we should have the complete manos update in our build for at least a year from now. that being said, it could slowly be implemented into our build in stages like Manos tools first, specific lifeskill masteries like processing etc.

Just to be clear, these are all existing within the PA "universe" and nothing really has to be drastically changed in order for them to implement it into consoles, aside from the frame drops that could occur without said "potato mode". 

What are your thoughts? Do you also want to see the things above being implemented into the Xbox version in the upcoming months? Perhaps you're looking for different content to come. I'd love to know what are other people's thoughts and opinions regarding this topic.

Cheers,

Doc  

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
Grammer ish hard uwu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Hi guys, 

been a while since i posted a topic that's not related to alchemy stones, btw big kudos to the team who managed to bring us Alchemy stones right before the holidays ❤️ It personally helped me reach my goals without wasting precious time and needless frustration. Thanks!

The 07/01/20 Xbox stream was a bit troublesome for me. for those who don't know, Our CMs reported that for the next few months we're going to get less frequent updates due to a yearly certification process with Microsoft. Standard stuff.

Our current build is obviously far from being what it should be in terms of real content (FYI classes arn't content.) and less frequent updates means we're going to have to wait longer for actual content. 

Here's a top list of content I'm personally expecting to see in the near future and why:

1. "Potato mode" - This is less of a content category but it is crucial for us to have since it will essentially allow us to reduce the graphic quality in exchange for better frame rates and faster rendering. a super important update since our consoles can barely handle PvP OF 20 players on screen left alone 100v100 guild battles or (i assume) sea content.

2. Sea content - By far my most wanted content pack. This will allow us to build formidable ships to sail in the big sea and hunt ghost ships and various monsters. I really hate the time wasted sailing on a fishing boat while fishing in the sea.. it physically hurts me and i would love to be able to sail quickly in the seas. Plus it would make hunting whales much more enjoyable and the biggest plus in my opinion is the chance to get another ranking in the lifeskills tree. If not the entire sea content we should at least get the boats and its parts to build and enhance before the full update. It needs to be mentioned that PC had said update before Kamasylvia came.

3. New imperial system + 1/2 CP imperial- hardcore cooks are able to dish out A LOT of meals into the market resulting in a steep dive in the price and a few thousands of meals are sitting on min price for weeks. This is bad for the economy overall since not enough silver is flowing in and out reducing purchases of other materials etc. the new imperial system on PC allows you to box said meals and much, much more recipes into boxes and sell them to the NPC for a certain price. Our current system is very LIMITED along with only 1/3 of the max cp can be sold as boxes instead of the usual 1/2. I'm not sure why for so long were only able to turn in 1/3 of our total CP in boxes but Imperial delivery legitimately has to be updated to 1/2 of max CP ASAP ! 

4. T8/T9 mounts - This, along with sea content ties together to the potato mode update since without the the ability to reduce graphic quality we will run into endless rendering walls while traveling. T8s are much faster mounts from what we currently have with various skills that allow you to reach your destination quicker. T9 are "legendary" mounts like unicorns that have special abilities like sprinting through the desert/gliding and mount attacks. I personally would love to be able to zoom around the map since every location has something different to offer and i'd like to experience it all.

5. Caphras stones - A boost to gear stats via caphras enhancing. Can be gained via gathering which would make it much more profitable than it is now. In the current state of the game there's little to no incentive to spend hours upon hours of gathering. It's simply not profitable, let alone fun or engaging to do.

6. Manos - A rather big update to lifeskills as a whole. To be completely honest i don't think we should have the complete manos update in our build for at least a year from now. that being said, it could slowly be implemented into our build in stages like Manos tools first, specific lifeskill masteries like processing etc.

Just to be clear, these are all existing within the PA "universe" and nothing really has to be drastically changed in order for them to implement it into consoles, aside from the frame drops that could occur without said "potato mode". 

What are your thoughts? Do you also want to see the things above being implemented into the Xbox version in the upcoming months? Perhaps you're looking for different content to come. I'd love to know what are other people's thoughts and opinions regarding this topic.

Cheers,

Doc  

Thoughts:

1. Potato mode. Didn't Shirna say during recent Q&A that they tested it and it doesn't work as intended and doesn't improve the performance? 

2. Don't care much about Sea content but they also answered this question during Q&A . Such big mass added to the world map, at this point in development, will cause critical issues. Perhaps greater than kama did. We may as well not see it anytime soon. I kinda understand.

3. Don't really care about this either. 

4. You know that's tied to performance issue. What's the point of having a dream horse if you can't utilize its speed or glide of pegasus cause you hit invisible walls. 

5. Now this is stupid explanation from devs "caphras will only make the gap between noobs and other players greater". Who the F cares? PA does! The only reason they haven't brought caphras is that in order to push 245+ AP bracket you need to be either grinding 24/7 or whale a lot to cron these PEN weapons and tet accessories.

I'm not saying hitting tet crescents or tet ogre is impossible but so many people whaled their way to 265 nouver in less than 6 months from launch that it's beyond imaginable. So, I'm personally stuck at 243 AP and I can't hit 245 bracket without tet crescent and I'm also not willing to burn so many costumes to cron my accessories. If we had caphras, I would've been at 245 bracket already without spending 4-5 bil for tet crescent. I can't stress how 245 kutum is important for aakman and hystria. 

6. Manos, keep dreaming boi. It took millennia to add Manos from KR to US/EU bdo. That's my prediction for both manos and succession. I think that content released on PC in Q3 of 2019 won't make its way to console in 2020. 

My request list is fairly simple:

1. PA needs to stop nerfing rewards from everything they add and replacing it with trash equivalents: rifts, altar of blood. This also relates to event boxes which have nerfed loot tables. 

2. Further Caphras rant.. PA needs to finish their 200 IQ campaign of "this will further extend the gap between players" and call it "we don't give you this cause it will make you spend less money in pearlshop". There will always be the gap. John who has 3 kids and 2 hours per entire week to play BDO will never catch up to causal players who play 2-3 hours daily. at the same time, these casuals won't catch up to full time grinders or pearlshop whales either. This stupid reasoning needs to stop. 

3. Also relates to caphras and progression in general. I wish we got other bartali's chapters for that sweet AP. Both point 2 and 3 are only going to help people who know what they do and push the brackets. Casuals who chop logs won't even notice it (no offence to any life skillers). 

4. Missing regions except margoria. Three reasons here A. grind diversity which is appreciated from time to time. B. We would get missing items like tungrad ring, eye of the ruins ring, leebur's etc. C. Black star quest line. 

But you know best.. One can only dream. Pearl Abyss never listens to their players. 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, berkayselcuk said:

I want every content that related to life skills, especially margoria. 

Lmao basically.

I think that margoria could give us some nice group content with sailing.

But there is still problem with sea textures. I like sea content, i want margoria however view on sea make me sad. sea looks muddy and distance drawing is really bad on console. I was in love with atmosphere in sea while fishing in pc. Even with my **** gtx860m laptop on lowest settings(not optimisation mod) it looks beautiful. I wish they find a solition for this problem with next updates. 

• Like 1

No matter what content comes, the main thing is smooth gameplay, no stutters, lags, fps drops or whatever adversely affects the core of the game (pvp). On ALL console variants not just x or pro.

The art will be that the Develpoers manage to get the really last thing out of the consoles that is possible. I have great confidence that they can do it if they want to.

11 minutes ago, Valderama said:

No matter what content comes, the main thing is smooth gameplay, no stutters, lags, fps drops or whatever adversely affects the core of the game (pvp). On ALL console variants not just x or pro.

The art will be that the Develpoers manage to get the really last thing out of the consoles that is possible. I have great confidence that they can do it if they want to.

You can't expect smooth gameplay from weak hardware. That's how it is with PC, that's how it is with consoles. Especially since BDO is super demanding hardware wise. Besides, performance on pro or one X isn't stellar either. I have one X with one of the best external SSDS and the game runs only OKish.. Once can brag how bad mid gen console release decision was but this is what it is. 

There is literally no way to make this game run decent on 7 years old OG xbox or ps4. It would have be 100% potato mode locked and even then this could still perform worse than expected. 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777

3 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

You can't expect smooth gameplay from weak hardware. That's how it is with PC, that's how it is with consoles. Especially since BDO is super demanding hardware wise. Besides, performance on pro or one X isn't stellar either. I have one X with one of the best external SSDS and the game runs only OKish.. Once can brag how bad mid gen console release decision was but this is what it is. 

There is literally no way to make this game run decent on 7 years old OG xbox or ps4. It would have be 100% potato mode locked and even then this could still perform worse than expected. 

Thats a bit misleading mate.

Yes, in the current configuration the console cant handle a lot in terms of rendering etc. 

But on lower quality settings the game will run without a hitch. for instance, I had this really old laptop and i ran bdo on it for 6 months on and off on the lowest quality (aka potato mode) had no walls with a fully skilled t8 nor with my shitty quest sailbot at margoria.

As i mentioned in my original post, we first NEED potato mode to enjoy other aspects of the game like sailing or large scale PVP.

4 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Thats a bit misleading mate.

Yes, in the current configuration the console cant handle a lot in terms of rendering etc. 

But on lower quality settings the game will run without a hitch. for instance, I had this really old laptop and i ran bdo on it for 6 months on and off on the lowest quality (aka potato mode) had no walls with a fully skilled t8 nor with my shitty quest sailbot at margoria.

As i mentioned in my original post, we first NEED potato mode to enjoy other aspects of the game like sailing or large scale PVP.

Also my experiences with the game on the PC. I felt a better gaming experience on my old PC with weaker hardware then my xbox s. So no one needs to come and tell me BDO is too demanding for the original or s variants of the consoles. I was fine with playing in the open world with medium settings, only in rbf and node / siege wars I had to switch to potato mode so that I remained reasonably competitive.

I am firmly convinced that it is possible to create a gaming experience on the weaker consoles that will make BDO fans rightful. Stronger consoles may have nicer and more detailed graphics, but the gameplay should be the same for both. My opinion.

In which order the new content appears or whether the guys in korea would rather take their time to optimize the points mentioned, I would not care, the main thing is that it can be played sensibly. It would be a real shame if it failed because I like the game despite the expensive paywall.

• Thanks 1

Margoria. Whether it is the standard Margoria content release or combined with the new Great Expedition content release, matters not. Caphras and Manos are a close second and third for me.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 7:55 AM, Tr3nch said:

Margoria. Whether it is the standard Margoria content release or combined with the new Great Expedition content release, matters not. Caphras and Manos are a close second and third for me.

I got to use the shark outfit we got a while back, to explore valencia islands (was on top of shirna "island" kappa) and i just really want to underwater gather with this outfit not to mention sail on A REAL SHIP.

I honestly think itll be somewhat of a very decent compromise to have a sailboats update without margoria. Just give us some basic monsters like hekaru for the boat parts and underwater gathering. We dont need the WHOLE sea right now. 

..or make fishing boats 1500% faster iunno.

On 1/16/2020 at 5:39 PM, Daniel said:

dead game

No u. Coming back when

10 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

I got to use the shark outfit we got a while back, to explore valencia islands (was on top of shirna "island" kappa) and i just really want to underwater gather with this outfit not to mention sail on A REAL SHIP.

I honestly think itll be somewhat of a very decent compromise to have a sailboats update without margoria. Just give us some basic monsters like hekaru for the boat parts and underwater gathering. We dont need the WHOLE sea right now. 

..or make fishing boats 1500% faster iunno.

No u. Coming back when

ill come back when they release sea content. 

Probably on xbox Scarlett or Xbox 3 lel

• Haha 1