Coffeeholic

New UI seems very poorly designed for console

Can't say I like this new UI.  It seems like it is designed for people on a computer using a mouse, but not at all user-friendly for people using a console controller.  It doesn't look bad, but it is more klunky to use. Especially at vendors, traders, and quest givers. 

I am glad that the devs are trying new things and I do think that there is room for improvement in the original UI, but in my opinion this last attempt went in the wrong direction. 

What do others think?

Update: the more I use it, the more bad I realize it truly is.  The UI for quest givers is now terriblel.  It's clearly an interface targeted towards mouse users; which doesn't make sense for a console. One positive note though: I really like that when dealling with NPCs that give you knowledge, it now shows you what knowledge they have available and how much amity you will need to get it.

Edited by Coffeeholic
fixed grammer

Hey @Coffeeholic,

tbh i like the new UI especially when it comes to the new style. But I'm on your side when you look into blacksmith repairing or some other stuff where you have to go further into the UI design. It's a bit of a mess when everything is listed at the bottom of the screen, no animations for repairing etc.

I suggest changing the repair function to the same as the max dura. function.

Quest givers are just a bit confusing but i think people getting used to it very soon.

greets

Edited by Lipty

I made already a discussion thread and also a suggestion thread to the new UI. You can add your suggestions for a better UI in my suggestion thread here:

Hopefully, PA see that many players are not fine with the new UI and have issues with it.

7 minutes ago, Lipty said:

@Mihari

we should differ between devs for xbox and devs for ps4

it doesn't matter where you post it in this case. The UI is the same for both ps4 and xbox.. 

35 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

it doesn't matter where you post it in this case. The UI is the same for both ps4 and xbox.

didn't know that :(